Honest Review of 8T

1. F1600538853020
    Donut Oct 30, 2020

F1600538853020 , via OnePlus 8T , Oct 30, 2020 :
    I have been using op8t for more than a week. Honestly, i think software wise they released this phone hastly. Battery life is not that good i think they still optimize the os and increase battery life. After nearly 2 weeks of the phone it still doesn't support games at more than 60fps. Cameras are average and you must have pretty stable hands to click otherwise the pics are blurry. In front camera, taking a selfie takes 1-2 seconds its not instant, if moved your phone thinking selfie has been taken then good luck getting the selfie that you wanted. But selfie pics are very good, sharp and clear. Rear camera lenses are 2 years old hardware. I use navigation bar to explore in the ui but while watching videos on any app chrome, youtube, etc. sometimes the navigation bar does not appear again even if i swipe up so many times. Switching off and on your screen does fix it.
    But on the bright side, vibration motor is very good. I never liked vibration feedback while typing before but i have kept vibration enabled on this phone. Body build is solid, all the buttons are solid in place. There are no screen tint issue or burn in issue(at least not on my phone). But you can not get the brightness that low. Swiping or getting back to home screen feels smooth, no lag or jitter, i can't remember that i ever have seen my phone lagged or stopped at the homescreen. Charging speed is great. It charged from 25% to 80% in like 25- 30 minutes. Also While charging the phone does not even get warm but the charging brick gets a little warm. While playing graphically intese games like pubgm, codm, genshin impact,lol wild rift beta, it gets hot at maximum 43°C (source: in-built game mode feature) (room temperature 27-30°C without any ac or fan).
    Since this is one of the first phones to come out of the box with android 11, OS is not that polished. Maybe future updates will fix most of the issues.
    If your oneplus 5 is not in a good condition and you need a flagship phone right now then op8t is great. But I will SUGGEST you to WAIT for op9( rumoured to be released in march) or if you cannot wait that long then wait for op8t cyberpunk edition (in November or December).
    (Review based on 11.0.1.2)

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020

3. Xpress0
    Gingerbread Oct 30, 2020

4. hojsimpson952
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 30, 2020

5. Xpress0
    Gingerbread Oct 30, 2020

Xpress0 , via OnePlus 8T , Oct 30, 2020 :
    Perhaps this will help?

OxygenOS 11.0.2.3 for OnePlus 8T update changelog

System

Optimized system power consumption and reduce heat generation

Fixed the issue that icons are not displayed on the desktop in a small probability

Improved system stability and fixed known issues