Hoping it wouldn't be me....

1. Texan21
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 13, 2016

Texan21 , May 13, 2016 :
    I got my OnePlus 2 back in September and I kept reading thread after thread of people having problems with theirs. I kept saying to myself, "Jesus Freaking A, what are these people doing to their phones? I haven't had any problems whatsoever." I was hoping that it would never happen to me.

But here we are in May, and as of late it's been laggy and not responding for up to 20 minutes at the time. Two days ago it shut off after hanging up a call and wouldn't turn on for almost an hour. And since you can't remove the battery to do a "reset" so to speak, there was nothing I could do. Note: At the time of the shut off, when it came back on the phone was on 92% so a dead battery was not an issue.

If the issue worsens I will send it back before my warranty is up, but dang, I was having a good run.

2. SaltLife

Texan21 and aenews like this.
  3. okidokay
    Gingerbread May 13, 2016

okidokay , May 13, 2016 :
    Pushing the power button for a minute straight usually does the trick when it comes to reseting most android phones. It will usually responds with a short vibration after 40 seconds or so and you can turn it on again.

Tobikage and Ceasedd like this.
  4. milkdude
    KitKat May 13, 2016

milkdude , May 13, 2016 :
    Have your cleared your cache, or installed a different ROM, or downloaded any recent apps prior to your issues.

Tobikage likes this.
  5. davis_terras
    Eclair May 13, 2016

tmanbone likes this.
  6. aenews
    KitKat May 13, 2016

aenews , May 13, 2016 :
    Factory Reset. Are you still having issues?

Upgrade to OOS 3.0 Community Build if you want an improved experience. And Factory Reset.

7. Jitesh Saitawadekar
    KitKat May 13, 2016

Jitesh Saitawadekar , May 13, 2016 :
    The battery backup on 3.0 beta is not that good hardly use to get 3-4 hrs of SOT plus sound is too bad :p:confused: but the performance have improved looks promising would love to see the final OTA how it works.;)

Last edited: May 13, 2016

Adityaf likes this.
  8. marinobiagio
    KitKat May 13, 2016

marinobiagio , May 13, 2016 :
    You could try:
    • Wipe cache and dalvik
    • Factory reset
    • OOS 3.0 (clean install with stock recovery works fine for me 5/6hrs of SoT)

9. Jitesh Saitawadekar
    KitKat May 13, 2016

Than you have not used H2os :p battery backup is f@#king awesome :hearteyes:

10. baulee56

11. aenews
    KitKat May 13, 2016

aenews , May 13, 2016 :
    Did you do a Factory Reset? Idle battery life depends on wakelocks and that's a huge variable factor. I manage those manually. Active battery drain depends on kernel settings either biased towards performance or battery life. I go maximum performance.

12. marinobiagio
    KitKat May 13, 2016

My friends tried h2os and if you install play service and other apps which lacks on h2os battery is more or less the same.. Seems that resurrection remix based on 6.0.1 has better battery life on op2

13. Jitesh Saitawadekar
    KitKat May 13, 2016

Factory reset doesn't help & my battery doesn't use to drain due to wakelocks... so i flashed H2os & with the same usage i get 6 hrs of SOT this is enough to prove that OOS needs to work on battery life & i am unrooted so can't manually set kernel settings.

14. Jitesh Saitawadekar
    KitKat May 13, 2016

Bro i have installed Google services with the help of google installer & it's not the same it's much better than OOS for now.

15. imDiwakar
    Honeycomb May 13, 2016

imDiwakar , May 13, 2016 :
    Beta is a beta no matter what and we are not test subjects.

16. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer May 13, 2016

Dunnow , May 13, 2016 :
    issues are still there. You can't even manage the permissions for the apps anymore... just to put an example

17. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer May 13, 2016

18. stephenboyo
    KitKat May 13, 2016

stephenboyo , May 13, 2016 :
    No need to curse with the Lord's name, Jesus is not a curse word...maybe that's why your OP2 is on the way to Smartphone hell LOL. Anyway I'm suspecting that OP phones are not thoroughly quality controlled and that it's luck of the draw and some people end up with an extremely good version while others end up with factory rejected phones that should have gone in the bin. The disparity between people's experiences of using the same OP phone is really baffling. As for Oxygen. It was developed out of necessity and I really don't think it will ever be an IOS or HTC sense. Oxygen is a convenience at best and it makes better sense to flash ROMs, which is why they've made their phones very Rom friendly.

19. marinobiagio
    KitKat May 13, 2016

How many hours of SoT did you get?
    Can you post some screens?

20. Jitesh Saitawadekar
    KitKat May 13, 2016