Horizon Light not working

1. Kevin.love24
    Donut Oct 16, 2019

Kevin.love24 , Oct 16, 2019 :
    Horizon Light Notification Doesn't work for me ,I been previously used one plus 7 even on that device it dint work ,I think an apps doesn't allow to work .even in camera app if i raise front camera blue horizon Light doesn't work i had same issue in 7 pro as well

2. Liehjan
    Lollipop Oct 16, 2019

Liehjan , Oct 16, 2019 :
    Do you have the setting enabled in ambient display settings?

3. Kevin.love24
    Donut Oct 17, 2019

4. vooze
    Cupcake Oct 17, 2019

5. ASH BRO
    Cupcake Oct 18, 2019

ASH BRO , Oct 18, 2019 :
    I have turned on the horizon lighting in ambient display , now I have updated my phone to Android 10 and still it is not working for me.?? [e]1f622[/e]

E1563000784751 likes this.
  6. SESHER
    Gingerbread Oct 19, 2019

SESHER , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Oct 19, 2019 :
    HERE'S HOW TO FIX THE PROBLEM WITH HORIZON LIGHT!!

EDIT: They fixed, just make sure OxygenOs is on the latest version.

I also thought it wasn't working for me but after trying every possible setting that has something to do with the ambient and or notifications without results, I gave up. But when I read your post and gave it another shot and finally found the solution.

With every app you can pick a different setting for every type of notification that app can send you. (eg. new message, mentions, events, etc).
    If your phone is lying down with your screen turned off but want to get notified WITH the horizon light to draw your attention then follow these steps:

1. Open "App info" of the app you want to get notified by. (long press the app icon then select ''App info'')

2. Now tap ''Notifications''

3. Here you can see every type of notifications this app can send to you. You can toggle them on/off to your preference, but also change the priority and how you get notified for each one of them.
    Now tap on the text of the notification type that you want to get notified by when your phone is asleep.

4. First, it's of great importance you make sure the notification is set to "Important" and not "other". Only important notifications show a toggle for ''pop on screen''. Once turned on this toggle allows the notification to wake the ambient display, thus draw your attention with the horizon light. Most notifications have this turned off by default for obvious reasons, so make sure you turn this on.

5. Do this for every notification you would like the horizon lighf for.

6.Finaly, open Settings/Display/Ambient display and make sure that "New notifications is toggled on.

It took me a almost a week to find this. I was well aware of the "Pop on screen" toggle. But notice how it's description is talking about UNLOCKED devices and nothing else. + Also knowing that the average consumer won't go that deep in their settings, neither would a developer for something that important. So I was sure that wasn't it . Glad I found a solution on my own tho, was really thinking it was a bug .

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019

7. pendragon
    Gingerbread Oct 19, 2019

8. SESHER
    Gingerbread Oct 19, 2019

Have you already updated your device to OxygenOS 10.0.3? It came out e few hours ago

9. pendragon
    Gingerbread Oct 19, 2019

pendragon , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Oct 19, 2019 :
    Yes, got the update last night. No difference. Is there any way to test it outside the app notifications?

10. pendragon
    Gingerbread Oct 19, 2019

Amol_pawar_2002 likes this.
  11. SESHER
    Gingerbread Oct 19, 2019

I have to agree with you. You can adjust the brightness of horizon light by adjusting your screen brightness. So putting your screen on max brightness can make it a bit more noticable. But don't count it as a notification LED, just a fancy way to show a notification.

Amol_pawar_2002 and pendragon like this.
  12. SESHER
    Gingerbread Oct 19, 2019

Even if OnePlus gave the option to keep it blinking, I would rarely ever use it despite how handy it is and fancy it would look. It's not just 1 simple notification LED, but every pixel the horizon light needs + 90hz that a tiny bit of battery with every blink. I rather a few more % battery at the end of the day than wasting that % on screen-on time that I'm not even seeing myself. And no use for it in my spare time either because I'm always so glued to my phone that horizon light wouldn't even have a chance to light up once haha.

Amol_pawar_2002 likes this.
  13. SESHER
    Gingerbread Oct 19, 2019

I think I may know what's causing the issue why your horizon light AND pop-up camera notification aren't showing both now and with your previous device.

Go to settings/accessibility and look if ''Remove animations'' toggled on. If it is running you'll need to switch that off if you want to see those notifications.
    Google is always backing up your settings in Google drive. So when you buy a new phone and restore system settings from back up, and this was toggled on one of your old devices but forgot about it, that's where you probably got it from.
    1571488365916.jpg

Last edited: Oct 19, 2019

14. T1571488712866
    Cupcake Oct 19, 2019

T1571488712866 , Oct 19, 2019 :
    Horizon notifications works only for text messages and messenger.. But not for whatsap, snapchat etc.. Any solutions? Ambient display and animations are set on.

15. Emdrive
    Donut Oct 31, 2019

Emdrive , Oct 31, 2019 :
    We need horizon light for all with continuous light, Oneplus hurry up!

16. Masimo
    Cupcake Oct 31, 2019

Masimo , Oct 31, 2019 :
    …. and customizable with self to choose intervals. Oneplus hurry up!

17. CarlosRod35
    Eclair Dec 3, 2019

CarlosRod35 , Dec 3, 2019 :
    I see everyone have a problem trying to get the horizon lights to work, but anyone knows how to turn it off? Like some of you said, just blinks once and if you weren't watching at your phone well, you'll miss it, no practical use at all and maybe we can save a little battery disabling it, but I haven't found a way to do it, anyone?

18. U1575593436854
    Cupcake Dec 6, 2019

19. scp41
    KitKat Dec 6, 2019

scp41 , Dec 6, 2019 :
    Do you live in the future?:D

KChances likes this.
  20. KoVeN
    Gingerbread Dec 15, 2019

M3 Driver likes this.