Horizon Light via OnePlus 8T

1. arpan2308
    Froyo Nov 30, 2020

arpan2308 , via OnePlus 8T , Nov 30, 2020 :
    Anyway to keep horizon light ON till I read the notification? Tried using it with AOD, but still it blinks once.
    Actually, i used to like 3T notification light. In that I used to know even from distance that some notification is there on my phone. Not able to do that using AOD or horizon light. Pls anyone can help.

saad2709 likes this.
  2. _.Abhishek._
    Honeycomb Nov 30, 2020

Best Answer
    _.Abhishek._ , via OnePlus 8T , Nov 30, 2020 :
    No. It only appears for a second whenever a new notification arrives. Have you seen all those threads asking for a persistent charging animation that looks cool? What you're asking is a similar case and it isn't possible. You can download any third party app which shows a ring around the front camera whenever a new notification arrives.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021

mauro_zz likes this.
  3. Thewimreaper
    Cupcake Jan 11, 2021

Thewimreaper , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jan 11, 2021 :
    That's just bullshit

This phone has an always on display so a persistent notification should be the same amount of work as an ring around the cam

Great reply dude

4. X1603141720046
    Gingerbread Jan 11, 2021

X1603141720046 , Jan 11, 2021 :
    Exactly! Why should they go through the trouble to do a ring around the selfie when they could just make the horizon light adjustable? SMH

Thewimreaper likes this.
  5. saad2709
    Eclair Jan 11, 2021

saad2709 , via OnePlus Nord , Jan 11, 2021 :
    No. It only appears for a second whenever a new notification arrives. Have you seen all those threads asking for a persistent charging animation that looks cool? What you're asking is a similar case and it isn't possible. However, Notification LED (Ring around the front camera) from OnePlus is in pipeline. Meanwhile, you can download any third party app for the same purpose.

6. Codein_Linctus
    Froyo Jan 12, 2021

Codein_Linctus , via OnePlus 8 , Jan 12, 2021 :
    This is insane. Have Oneplus not thought of the typical daily use cases?

How am I expected to know whether I got new notifications while I left my phone somewhere?
    Turn on the phone, just to check?

Incredible. I moved from the Oneplus2 straight to the 8 and this is a massive step back. Quite unprofessional even for the range these devices aim at.

I can only hope this is a defect and horizon should stay on until the device is touched/unlocked.

mauro_zz and Thewimreaper like this.
  7. Thewimreaper
    Cupcake Jan 13, 2021

Thewimreaper , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Jan 13, 2021 :
    We read it the first time dude

And we disagreed with it [e]1f609[/e]

8. _.Abhishek._
    Honeycomb Jan 13, 2021

_.Abhishek._ , via OnePlus 8T , Jan 13, 2021 :
    Hi, there! I've edited my answer and removed the part which states that something around the lines of 'Notification LED" [Apparantly a ring around the front camera] is under development.

9. _.Abhishek._
    Honeycomb Jan 13, 2021

_.Abhishek._ , via OnePlus 8T , Jan 13, 2021 :
    You should understand that a persistent notification is not always about the work that goes in developing the feature. We don't have a physical LED on OnePlus 8T and anything kept onto the screen for longer duration is expected to cause the screen burn.

Talking about the OnePlus AOD, it's not always the same pixels that are lit. The on screen items in AOD shifts their position time to time to prevent the burn in.

If you have any brilliant idea about how the persistent "Notification LED" feature might be implemented without causing the burn, your feedback goes here https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback