Horizon Lights in Nord 2 via OnePlus Community App

1. D1627542562249 , via OnePlus Community App , Jul 31, 2021 :
    Hi,

This is Sumit from India.

I have purchased Nord 2 on the day it is Launched in India. This is the best phone as per my 1 week experience.

There is a question I would like to ask to the experts of Nord 2.

There is an option to choose colour of Horizon lights in the settings, However, except colour choice option there are not settings to setup horizon lights for the notifications, it never light on the edges ever on any notification or call. please let me know How I can set the default horizon lights in the One plus for notifications without any third party apps.

If Oneplus tech team have given the feature to select the colour of the lights then there must be some sort of setup to select when to blink the horizon light.

I have sweeped the phone completely and did not find a thing to set this light up for notifications, then why these lights colour option has been given if it never lights on notification?

Please explain the process to do so.

Thanks a ton in advance.

Shrideviiyer likes this.
  2. mojoyoyo77
    Assistant Head Moderator Assistant Head Moderator Jul 31, 2021

mojoyoyo77 , Jul 31, 2021 :
    I don't know if I fully understood your problem. The horizontal light is linked to the notifications, you can only choose the color,
    In Settings / "Applications and notifications" you can choose which applications will produce the notifications. Also individually in the application information.

D1627542562249 likes this.
  3. D1627542562249 , via OnePlus Community App , Jul 31, 2021 :
    No man it did not help.

My problem is there is only one option in settings that lets you select the colour of the horizon lights.

But the main problem is I am not getting the horizon lights on when i get a notification and there are no options like selection of Horizon lights for individual apps. Can you elaborate a little bit the steps involved in making horizon lights active for all notification.

I am using Nord 2 5G

Thanks

4. mojoyoyo77
    Assistant Head Moderator Assistant Head Moderator Jul 31, 2021

mojoyoyo77 , Jul 31, 2021 :
    Open "Settings" / tap the search (magnifying glass) Type: Horizon Light

5. kim.svensson
    Cupcake Aug 22, 2021

kim.svensson , Aug 22, 2021 :
    Hi.
    Same problem for me. I never see any Horizon light when I get something that creates a notification. I can see a setting to show horizon light when "Do not disturb" is activated, but in normal use, no horizontal light is showing.

Have a look on this video:

In the menu for "ambient display", at the bottom there is a "horizontal light" setting, but I don´t have it!