Other horrible accident..

1. Estelwen
    Froyo Jul 4, 2017

Estelwen , Jul 4, 2017 :
    well... RIP OP3T :( stayed in rice for 4 days but didnt turn on and apparently motherboard died so everything is gone :/ well I guess I will get to try OP5.

Anyone has voucher to share?

CosminOlteanu likes this.
  2. CosminOlteanu
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 4, 2017

3. Estelwen
    Froyo Jul 4, 2017

Estelwen , Jul 4, 2017 :
    It survived a glass of water being poured over. -some people just hates you and they decide to attack your phone you know- Didint even need the rice treatment it was perfectly fine :) In Denmark it constantly rains and no problem there either. Washing machine with 60 degree anti-allergic washing did it.

Experience talking :p

Daasty and CosminOlteanu like this.
  4. Estelwen
    Froyo Jul 4, 2017

Estelwen , Jul 4, 2017 :
    Since every electronic is covered with insurance I didnt want to risk them paying for some of the repair so I gave it to them and their report says motherboard couldnt take it anymore.

Daasty and CosminOlteanu like this.
  5. CosminOlteanu

CosminOlteanu , Jul 4, 2017 :
    Ah.. Ok.. Didn't read about that, coz you send it.. Sorry. And they give you the device back? At least you can sold it for the screen.. And what's left working

6. Estelwen
    Froyo Jul 4, 2017

Estelwen , Jul 4, 2017 :
    Nah it is their ***** now :( I am gona miss it :(

7. Daasty
    Honeycomb Jul 4, 2017

Daasty , Jul 4, 2017 :
    Oh... Just love Denmark :hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:. Been there a couple of times, just awesome!
    Yeah, mine had the same luck with water, coke and a swimming pool xD. It was such a strong device... Now It's just my alarm clock :sweat: Fuc***** simcard slot...

Estelwen likes this.
  8. CosminOlteanu

Strange to not give it back to you.. . Sorry about this incident.. At least you had something saved like a back up? I know all people turn off.. Even I keep it disabled.. But occasionally I make a backup.. Just in case... On google

9. Estelwen
    Froyo Jul 4, 2017

Estelwen , Jul 4, 2017 :
    I didnt make any backup for some reason. Not gona happen again.

10. CosminOlteanu

Never say never

Estelwen likes this.
  11. RashedAmin
    Froyo Jul 4, 2017

RashedAmin , Jul 4, 2017 :
    someone please explain about rice bowl thing? how does it work? i mean what will happen when you put washed :);)phone on the rice bowl?

And best of luck with your phone.

12. amitssj
    Honeycomb Jul 4, 2017

amitssj , Jul 4, 2017 :
    i also shared with same experience but suddenly after rebooting it says encryption is unsuccessful and then you need to clear all your data, i was also not having backup. All backup gone.

13. vandell
    Eclair Jul 4, 2017

vandell , Jul 4, 2017 :
    the rice drain humidity from the device.

aminrashed likes this.
  14. TheAtomicKitty
    Gingerbread Jul 4, 2017

Estelwen likes this.
  15. NicestRudeGuy
    Froyo Jul 4, 2017

NicestRudeGuy , Jul 4, 2017 :
    open it up or get someone to open it ,check if the it got the red dot indicator if not red you can use gasoline component or something like that to clean it it might work ,my op2 did !

16. Estelwen
    Froyo Jul 18, 2017

Estelwen , Jul 18, 2017 :
    Nothing will happen if you actually washed your phone on 60 degree celsius program and liquid detergent in the machine for like 15 mins. It did get dry even at the camera but no use.... Look it up on the Internet drying your wet phone in rice is everywhere.