Horrible customer care experience after oneplus failed to honour its discount offer via OnePlus 3

1. spyingshadow
    Cupcake Aug 11, 2020

spyingshadow , via OnePlus 3 , Aug 11, 2020 :
    I ordered a Oneplus 8 Pro from oneplus.in on 5th August, 2020 using an Amex card which made me eligible for a 5000 INR discount. I confirmed with Amex customer care and in the terms & conditions that the offer would be honoured on a purchase from oneplus.in. I could have ordered from Amazon but the 12 gb model wasn't available there.

At the time of purchase the offer was live (screenshot available).

As you can guess, the discount wasn't honoured.
    I called up the customer care where the representative assured me of two things (audio recording available as proof):

1. That a cashback will be initiated in 24-48 hours
    2. A cancellation can be made before the order is shipped

Now the cashback of course did not happen.

I subsequently tried to mail oneplus and established contact over a web chat. In both of which I was assured that my query has been escalated and would be resolved in 24-48 hours.

Since that did not happen either, I tried to cancel the order on 10th of August, 2020 but the order did not cancel. The order had not shipped at that point.

I called customer care and specifically asked for the order to be cancelled and I was again fed the party line that the order will be cancelled in 24-48 hours.

So this is four times that there has been no resolution in the so called 24-48 hours. They basically don't give a p**p.

Today, 11th August, 2020 at 8:25pm I received an e-mail that my order has been shipped.

So now I have a product from a company that is a total jerk to remind of this horrible experience every day for the next 4-5 years.

Can anyone please suggest a decent course of action?

And this is despite having a family of three in which everyone uses a Oneplus device. I personally would have convinced a dozen people to buy one.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2020

luiz_acamilo likes this.
  2. Cheezburgers
    Honeycomb Aug 12, 2020

Cheezburgers , Aug 12, 2020 :
    i had an issue with my order and the issue was JUST resolved yesterday after 2 weeks. Just keep contacting support and asking for a resolution asap. Do keep in mind communication between support teams might be difficult and longer due to COVID

spyingshadow likes this.
  3. spyingshadow
    Cupcake Aug 12, 2020

spyingshadow , via OnePlus 3 , Aug 12, 2020 :

Cheezburgers

i had an issue with my order and the issue was JUST resolved yesterday after 2 weeks. Just keep contacting support and asking for a resolution asap. Do keep in mind communication between support teams might be difficult and longer due to COVID​

Yes, I could try that. Although I have registered a grievance with Consumer court.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2020

Dhruv144 likes this.
  4. spyingshadow
    Cupcake Aug 12, 2020

Update:
    Customer care told me that I could refuse delivery and a refund would be initiated after the shipment was received at the warehouse.

Can anyone please verify if that would work?

5. Praty_28
    KitKat Aug 12, 2020

Praty_28 , Aug 12, 2020 :
    Isn't there a 15 day return policy if you order something from OnePlus store? So instead of refusing the delivery you could accept it and then initiate a return?

6. spyingshadow
    Cupcake Aug 12, 2020

Not in India, apparently

7. Praty_28
    KitKat Aug 12, 2020

Praty_28 , Aug 12, 2020 :
    That's a bummer, oneplus support is trash only 1/10 times you will be connected to a good agent that too if you are lucky otherwise you get to hear the sorry and fake assurances.

The package refusal feels a bit risky tho, i won't recommend it unless anyone here has done this and got a refund.

8. spyingshadow
    Cupcake Aug 12, 2020

Praty_28

That's a bummer, oneplus support is trash only 1/10 times you will be connected to a good agent that too if you are lucky otherwise you get to hear the sorry and fake assurances.

The package refusal feels a bit risky tho, i won't recommend it unless anyone here has done this and got a refund.​

Yes, maybe.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2020

9. Dhruv144
    Eclair Aug 13, 2020

Dhruv144 , via OnePlus 8 , Aug 13, 2020 :
    Placed order on 13th July.
    Refused to accept order on 5th August.
    Today is 13th August. Still waiting.

My credit card bill is due to generate in 2-3 days.

Tried to contact OnePlus almost over 100 times in thia period of 1 month. First, for deliver and later for refund.

Feel cheated

spyingshadow likes this.
  10. spyingshadow
    Cupcake Aug 13, 2020

spyingshadow , via OnePlus 3 , Aug 13, 2020 :
    Thanks for the information

11. spyingshadow
    Cupcake Aug 13, 2020

spyingshadow , via OnePlus 3 , Aug 13, 2020 :
    Per law no company can refuse returns of substandard goods even if they don't have a policy.

But enforcement in India is cumbersome, even though courts generally look favourably towards consumers. I have heard you have to get to a hearing every 30-35 days.

So I have decided to not risk it and take the phone, albeit I'll be registering a case if Amex is unable to help me out either.