Hot Phone, Battery Draining Fast And Not Fully Charging

1. markeattnet
    Froyo Oct 7, 2015

markeattnet , Oct 7, 2015 :
    I've only been using my OPO for about 2 months (bought it factory sealed from a seller when the OP2 was announced), but lately I'm finding that it doesn't take a full charge overnight, seems to blow through the battery far too quickly (30% use in 2 hours with just checking e mail and some web) and gets hot easily. Ive checked the battery usage and it seems normal, no apps are hogging resources, am running it in the balanced mode, and keep the screen brightness low. The phone hasn't had enough charge cycles for the battery to be going bad, or at least it shouldn't be going bad at this point.

Surely I'm not the first person to have this problem and I certainly could use any advice or information on where to look for the problem that I can get. I don't think I can open a support ticket because the phone is over a year old, so I'm coming here for any help I can get.

Thanks in advance for anything you can share that might address this situation.

2. Bartnl
    Lollipop Oct 7, 2015

3. ianyeo
    Honeycomb Oct 7, 2015

4. veratoloz2005
    Lollipop Oct 7, 2015

5. markeattnet
    Froyo Oct 7, 2015

Did that first and have done it often. With other phones, that would stop some rogue process from messing things up, no luck here. I hate to do a factory reset or start deleting apps one by one to see which one is causing this, if indeed that's what's happening. Was hoping it was an OPO-specific issue or a CM12 bug. Thanks for the suggestion.

6. markeattnet
    Froyo Oct 7, 2015

No OS update, been on the latest stable CM12 since it loaded a couple of months ago.

7. veratoloz2005
    Lollipop Oct 7, 2015

veratoloz2005 , Oct 7, 2015 :
    One more question. Usually resellers give a one-year warranty of their own. Did you get one?

8. arctra
    Cupcake Oct 8, 2015

arctra , Oct 8, 2015 :
    I find my OPO occasionally gets very hot too, and when it does the battery drains really quickly. I use Advance Tsk Killer to kill any apps that might be causing it, but by then it is usually too late as the battery is nearly dead... very annoying.

But another thing I have noticed is that the backlight on my screen often comes on (no actual image on the screen though, it is black/blank) whilst the phone is charging. That cannot help with the speed of charging the battery. Maybe it's just my device though?

9. armmani2001
    KitKat Dec 10, 2015

armmani2001 , Dec 10, 2015 :
    Mine just started doing this, never had it before. Must be one of the app updates causing it! Not easy to find though!

10. famulan1st
    Cupcake Dec 11, 2015

famulan1st , Dec 11, 2015 :

I have that same issue as well. But with my phone...my bluetooth cuts out after a couple of minutes and google play services is unresponsive.

Does anyone else have this issue? I starting having issues after an update.