[Hot Topic] How did you like the launch event and OnePlus 5T?

1. David Y.
    OS Product Marketing Staff Member Nov 16, 2017

David Y. , Nov 16, 2017 :
    How-did-you-like-the-launch-event-and-OnePlus-5T_780.jpg

Hi everyone,

We just finished our first offline launch event. Did you catch up with all the latest info? If not, feel free to check out the launch video [HERE] or the OnePlus 5T product page [HERE]. And if you watched the live stream, we'd like to hear from you! How do you like the launch event? What do you think of the OnePlus 5T? Let us know below in the comments!

Hige, VipulJadhav12, nirgale and 56 others like this.
  2. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Community Expert Nov 16, 2017

dsmonteiro , Nov 16, 2017 :
    I really liked how you focused the community. But that shouldn't come as a surprise. ;)

And was pleasantly surprised of seeing @cyanogen himself there.

vasu97, the_reckoner, aris and 25 others like this.
  3. Jellevh
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 16, 2017

Jellevh , Nov 16, 2017 :
    I really liked the launch, especially liked it how you talked about the community and how you focused on the community. And also, amazing phone!

4. Alvie
    The Lab - OnePlus 5T Reviewer Nov 16, 2017

Alvie , Nov 16, 2017 :
    2 hours is about the perfect length of time (but I started tuning out a bit at an hour and a half)

Edit: what I mean by this is that if the whole thing was actually two hours then it would be good, but the repeated parts at the beginning made me start to tune out halfway through the actual event. I guess it's my fault for starting to watch early lol

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017

f00tbaLL and Aleksander Qendraj like this.
  5. Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Marshmallow Senior Moderator Nov 16, 2017

6. smartbuddy

smartbuddy , Nov 16, 2017 :
    It was crisp for most part of the presentation but Face Unlock feature was not properly presented, it could have been better!

7. luxuskamel
    Lollipop Nov 16, 2017

luxuskamel , Nov 16, 2017 :
    I really liked it, but there were again no VR Glasses for free :(
    Hopefully the staff works closer with us in the future, doesn't feel so

aris, f00tbaLL and pa5t1s like this.
  8. bezilz
    Honeycomb Nov 16, 2017

bezilz , Nov 16, 2017 :
    Felt more like Apple-ish... But not bad for the first of its type... Good luck ahead...

f00tbaLL, lostLambda and M. Elmaleh like this.
  9. ph6058
    Gingerbread Nov 16, 2017

ph6058 , Nov 16, 2017 :
    Well done ! Improvements for next year are definetely : 1440p screen, maybe waterproofness/resistance, and thats basically it for me :D otherwise u did an AWESOME JOB!
    Oh and ONE more question: When is official oreo release date for 3T? as i own one for know but maybe i SWITCH :D and my dad gets the 3T

10. pa5t1s
    Marshmallow Nov 16, 2017

pa5t1s , Nov 16, 2017 :
    @David Y.
    To be honest, I did not find it really good.
    I found it a bit 'empty' and 'silent', slow , with a lack of enthusiasm, of joy and smiles...
    Too serious, almost too 'corporate'...
    The audience was silent, no question/answers.
    Speakers were lost in the middle of the scene: 'stand-up' shows are hard to play.
    But, what was the worst to me is: you didn't show the 'product' on a big screen , live, in action. How can you miss that point. People were watching and waiting to see the PHONE, live!

gul7san, tijmen234, script and 27 others like this.
  11. youbi
    Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator Nov 16, 2017

youbi , Nov 16, 2017 :
    Still haven't had time to see it. My real work had to came first. :oops: But from the small peaks I saw from the video it looks promising.

Will update later.

12. varma246
    Lollipop Nov 16, 2017

varma246 , Nov 16, 2017 :
    Indeed, that launch event is nice one.:)

Gained few more information about oneplus company in earlier days(mainly breaking mobile, lol:D) , it's nice to know the past of this community and company.

ChrisTerp and M. Elmaleh like this.
  13. samgsam
    Honeycomb Nov 16, 2017

samgsam , Nov 16, 2017 :
    I really liked how OnePlus accepted their mistakes they did in the past in front of the audience and fans. That shows how even after being successful you all have stayed down to earth. Also you guys focused so much on the community and appreciated them, which felt really good. In the end Carl said that people feel as if OnePlus is their own company, which i feel is pretty accurate. OnePlus listens to user feedback and take actions quickly. I'm happy to be a part of OnePlus community.

cheers!

14. Steveking1000
    Donut Nov 16, 2017

Steveking1000 , Nov 16, 2017 :
    yes and their policy of only selling 1 model at a time is stupid. I don't really see how the 5t replaces the 5, so why not sell them side by side.

15. pa5t1s
    Marshmallow Nov 16, 2017

pa5t1s , Nov 16, 2017 :
    Yes, you're totally right. This part of @Carl 's speech is good.

DrAakash, SMIT222, Deepak.Si and 8 others like this.
  16. himanshulakhyani
    Gingerbread Nov 16, 2017

himanshulakhyani , Nov 16, 2017 :
    It was good.

Although one feedback that if you guys can demonstrate your devices on large screen instead of showing them in hand.

I am referring to the demonstration of Face Unlock feature.Now when you were showing it, the phone was in the hand of presenter and the audience were not that much clear with how its working in the very first go. I myself had to go back on youtube and watch the video again to see how it worked.

Instead if the demo was shown on the bigger screen or using proejctor and all, it would have given better impact.

17. sommersy
    KitKat Nov 16, 2017

sommersy , Nov 16, 2017 :
    It was ok - until you unveiled the bloody phone and my connection decided to have hysterics. It's been doing that a lot recently whenever I want to watch a livestream. I think I need to have words with my ISP :angry:

pa5t1s likes this.
  18. smartbuddy

smartbuddy , Nov 16, 2017 :
    Completely agree the presenter was holding the phone which hardly anyone could see and Face Unlock the way it was presented it gave a feeling that it was not even locked, just double tapped to wake the screen.

Also it was too silent of a show, more of a corporate presentation than a presentation to Fans & customers of OnePlus.

19. afr0dactyl
    Gingerbread Nov 16, 2017

keithnyc and ChrisTerp like this.
  20. himanshulakhyani
    Gingerbread Nov 16, 2017

himanshulakhyani , Nov 16, 2017 :
    maybe next time you can also have more presenters and divide the content, that way a single person wont have too much to speak upon and it would look at least a little less boring, the same way Google does in Google IO events.

lostLambda and pa5t1s like this.