[Hot Topic] How did you like the launch event and OnePlus 5T?

1. pa5t1s
    Marshmallow Nov 16, 2017

pa5t1s , Nov 16, 2017 :
    Right.
    There should have been a desk at the left of the screen, with the speaker (in a more comfortable situation), and another (hidden) one at the right, with phone(s) . At the very moment of the 'launch' those phones would have been un-hidden , with cameras all around them to show them.
    That said, I know how difficult it is to act in public. But there are many tricks to help about that.

2. malidan
    Marshmallow Nov 16, 2017

malidan , Nov 16, 2017 :
    I didn't see it sorry.
    Were people told to leave again If they only came to hear the specs?:eek:

3. Batman__1108
    Cupcake Nov 16, 2017

4. gaster
    Lollipop Moderator Nov 16, 2017

gaster , Nov 16, 2017 :
    I liked the event David. I loved this short flashback of the past and all the way that took it to the present, while our community was mentioned again and again (Best part, the message "Created together with our fans <3" ). Was nice as well to see Brian and Szymon taking place and of course Steve Kondik's presence. All the best with the 5T guys. Cheers

ChrisTerp, meatandy and pa5t1s like this.
  5. David Y.
    OS Product Marketing Staff Member Nov 16, 2017

David Y. , Nov 16, 2017 :
    Sorry guys, It's pretty late right now, need to leave for a short rest. Don't hesitate to drop your comments and I will catch up a few hours later. Good night and Cheers!

script, Mr. BG, smartbuddy and 6 others like this.
  6. G_Mateo_DxQd
    Honeycomb Nov 16, 2017

G_Mateo_DxQd , Nov 16, 2017 :
    I think the OnePlus 5T is a great phone, I won't buy it because I have the 5 (and I want to hold on to it for some years), I really like the fingerprint reader on the front and don't I hate the onscreen navigation buttons (since they disappear when on full screen, a good fix for that is having pressure sensible screen or gestures like the iPhone X does). Great choice on keeping the headphone jack, though not so much on making the secondary lens not optical zoom (you could have used the same low-light method for the primary camera and just work on making the zoom as good as primary sensor). I think the extra $20 is a relatively good price increase; though, I just don't like your trend of every time being less flagship killers and more flagships. And the event was great!

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017

7. imperfect harry
    Cupcake Nov 16, 2017

imperfect harry , Nov 16, 2017 :
    It was really amazing !! I have been in love with oneplus since oneplus 1 and everytime it just goes above everyones expectations . What carl sir said about how its important to listen to the users was really good . I mean oneplus 5t is breathtaking . I really wish I could get it but im a 16 year old lol and my family cant afford it . Anyway I just hoped there would be more launch events in delhi cause I love it . I met carl sir when he came to delhi the oneplus 3t launch was amazing I loved it . I love onplus too much even though I have never been an active online supporter I alwaus tell whoever can buy it should and I start debating with everyone about oneplus and how its vision and work is extraordinary . I would keep loving this commumity .. and the motto just says it all ... never settle <3

8. Dattack
    Honeycomb Nov 16, 2017

Dattack , Nov 16, 2017 :
    For a first time event like this, it was pretty well done. But there's - of course - always room for improvement. For next time I'd try to find the right balance between keeping it informative, entertaining and easy to follow. There were a few moments where things were a bit tedious. Again, for a first time very well done.

Oh and I could give another tip: Lightening can do a lot with things like these, it can make it all feel more alive and breathing. The lightning was decent but just a little bit too dull.

As for the phone: I am a fan.

9. Goldgart
    Gingerbread Nov 16, 2017

Goldgart , Nov 16, 2017 :
    I watched it live and really enjoyed, but it felt like you don't have enough things to say about the OnePlus 5T so you talk of OnePlus history instead.
    I would like it more if you would only talk for 35-40 minutes.

I really liked the part of oxygenOS. most of the companies don't talk about their UI at all. I love oxygenOS and appreciate that you talked about it lengthily.

ChrisTerp, meatandy and Salt505 like this.
  10. H1510858587166
    Cupcake Nov 16, 2017

H1510858587166 , Nov 16, 2017 :
    Liked the overall launch , I really liked the "Humility" part. Not loosing core is important as you start to scale up. 5T is a solid device at much affordable price points. Can't want till Nov 21st!

11. Salt505
    Jelly Bean Nov 16, 2017

Salt505 , Nov 16, 2017 :
    I greatly enjoyed the event. It was well thought out and the visuals were excellent. Great job OnePlus team!

ChrisTerp likes this.
  12. jlasensiofi
    KitKat Nov 16, 2017

jlasensiofi , Nov 16, 2017 :
    Hi @David Y., and thanks. A great job and congrats to entire OnePlus team ;)

Yes, I could see it from home and it seemed very good in general. Sober, with good exhibitions, and with all the necessary information to know and not who OnePlus is, if not what it has meant from its beginnings until today.

Yes it is true that maybe it was too sober at times. As good Spanish :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: I would have liked a powerful and striking music, or at least I did not hear it, in Carl's farewell.

I thought I saw some confusion at the time of the presentation of the facial release, and if I had to make some criticism, totally constructive, I think that Szymon was seen in many moments more focused on the help screen than in the audience. I would have loved to see Carl leave with the OP5T in his hand. Logically, all this is a personal appreciation.

The effort made from the beginning of the life of OnePlus until the 5T, full of very good times and other not so good, is reflected in the products you have, as proof of today.

I think it's fantastic, with the qualities already known, with some improvements compared to its predecessor frankly praiseworthy as the full screen, facial recognition or the fingerprint reader in the back just as fast as up to now.

The camera seems much better. I trust that the Intelligent Pixel Technology system allows working in better low light conditions and optimizes it to reduce noise. Yes it is true that I still fear that there is no OIS although I trust that the work of the EIS is as good as in the OP5. The OP5 camera needs some improvement in some issues and I hope it has been achieved in the 5T.
    The rest is already known. Fabulous maintenance of the Charge Dash, the OxygenOS that is still so good that I do not miss Cyanogen, even though they were there, and the rest of the specifications are so good that they make it a smartphone that goes like a rocket.

The maintenance of the price in such an adjusted amount keeps competing at the best height of smartphones of € 1,000.00 or +, and allows you to have a beast for a very affordable price.

It will be my next OnePlus :)

Never Settle

pa5t1s likes this.
  13. Radeon962
    KitKat Nov 16, 2017

Radeon962 , Nov 16, 2017 :
    I really don't understand your turnaround to a OnePlus slappy since the Thunderclap failed to produce anything? You were pretty wound up then and put a lot of effort into the campaign and all I see recently is you defending OnePlus.

More power to you if you have found peace with OnePlus, but coming from another Early Supporter your new found love of OnePlus is puzzling/intriguing/questionable.

https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/55301-promises-matter-oneplus?locale=en

ORGANIZER

[​IMG]
    David Monteiro
    Hi there! I'm an enthusiastic tech consumer that hopes to help make OnePlus care about its earlier customers and about the people that helped them get off the ground.

The Story

Note to press (and everyone else for that matter): First and foremost, thank you for your interest in this story. Seeing some of the articles that were published so far, I'd like to clarify that this campaign is not specifically about the lack of a Nougat update, but about how OnePlus is treating its earlier customers and how it's breaking promises made. While it seems they seem keen on not updating the OnePlus 2 to Nougat, that's just one of several promises made. In fact, it's a well known fact that the OnePlus X cannot be updated to Nougat since the Snapdragon 801 is not supported. But the OnePlus X could still receive security patches and have bugs fixed (like the camera HAL issues that haunt the device almost since its launch).
    If you have any queries about the Thunderclap campaign or the Medium article, please, feel free to contact me through Twitter (@davidsmonteiro) or through the OnePlus forum (dsmonteiro).

I decided to create this campaign to try to bring OnePlus back to its former self and to see that old customer also matter. At this moment, it’s a company with a great product (OP3 / OP3T) but that cares more about marketing than it does about its customers. It’s a company that isn’t afraid of burning some bridges by completely disregarding the customers that bought two of its devices.

And since OnePlus apparently only cares about marketing, that’s why this thunderclap and the article that is linked to are happening. To make this story visible enough to make OnePlus care about bad publicity.

14. Niks9n
    Cupcake Nov 16, 2017

15. robotkilerz
    Cupcake Nov 16, 2017

robotkilerz , Nov 16, 2017 :
    I like the launched, especially at the end with the illumination of the showcase area. Possibly cut out the part with the 3.5mm aux jack.

16. naresh6233
    Froyo Nov 16, 2017

naresh6233 , Nov 16, 2017 :
    I like very much launching event live stream in theaters in some location
    Thanks for OnePlus

17. mr_priyanshu
    Jelly Bean Nov 16, 2017

pa5t1s likes this.
  18. RSPBLR
    Honeycomb Nov 16, 2017

RSPBLR , Nov 16, 2017 :
    Part where specs were explained was kinda boring. Rest of the event was cool.

19. Denovic
    Cupcake Nov 16, 2017

20. Senti3nt
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 16, 2017

Senti3nt , Nov 16, 2017 :
    Well, the launch event was just Ok, to be honest. Nothing exciting or special including the phone. It was good to know about Oneplus history and get some info about the company but it could have been better. Also, I hope whatever changes they have done in Oneplus 5T are actually there as shown at the launch event and not like Oneplus 5 where they gave high hopes about the camera but it was not near it.