[Hot Topic] How did you like the launch event and OnePlus 5T?

1. milind.bishen
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 16, 2017

milind.bishen , Nov 16, 2017 :
    Was missing more of those key live demos.... and yeah would be great if I could see more of VR launches.

2. otto2
    Lollipop Nov 16, 2017

otto2 , Nov 16, 2017 :
    Sorry, for me it was rather boring. Only interesting was to see some guys from the staff in Person. The product is boring, too, I could see how you were trying to make some not important changes looking cool, but at all it was only PR bla bla. Instead of making the camera of the OP5 better, you re throwing your "clearer pictures" PR of the OP5 into the bin. Pixel combination in low light would also work with the OP5 camera Sensor, no optical Zoom? No buy. No using of Both Sensors in combination in low light or for HQ pictures? No buy. No New, better Technology? No buy. Face unlock? Found it in my OP3, Google s calling it Trusted Face. No water resistent body? No buy. At moment I feel like my OP5 is better then the 5T.

pa5t1s likes this.
  3. vikas282
    Cupcake Nov 17, 2017

4. ChrisTerp
    Lollipop Nov 17, 2017

ChrisTerp , Nov 17, 2017 :
    Hello David, had a very good time at the presentation. We'll done for the audience in the venue. Good presentations and appreciate @Carl and his honesty about thinking OP knew everything and learned it's lesson; but most importantly, that the community is the driver for you folks in design, software, hardware, etc. OnePlus going in right direction as a company.

Wonderful having Mr. Cyanogen there too!

Alain, yes, see your point about folks viewing online not seeing the new device. Yes, we got the chance to hold the new OP bad boy 5T and it rocks! More visuals for you folks watching around the world is needed.

Thanks OnePlus for bringing the launch to Brooklyn. Enjoyed seeing the device, OP staff and most importantly other forumites.

5. souravdutta1995
    Cupcake Nov 17, 2017

souravdutta1995 , Nov 17, 2017 :
    please give us an option to exchange our op5 with op5t i am ready to pay $100-$150 extra if it needs but within 3 months dont outdate the phone

6. Peter
    Gingerbread Nov 17, 2017

7. sfomin
    Nougat Nov 17, 2017

sfomin , Nov 17, 2017 :
    @Carl knows how to talk. but he doesnt know how to walk that talk...

ilovesoneplus, otto2 and pa5t1s like this.
  8. Vivek Deora
    Donut Nov 17, 2017

ChrisTerp likes this.
  9. JRinPA
    Eclair Nov 17, 2017

JRinPA , Nov 17, 2017 :
    Enjoyed the presentation and the ample opportunity to put hands on the phone. And..oh that moment when the fellow in front of you wins a free phone at the face unlock experience!

It was also fun to share the experience with friends I've only met in forums and on social media, now have shaken their hands and know their face!

OnePlus keep focusing on working with such a great community of passionate users.

I had a ball today!

10. sfomin
    Nougat Nov 17, 2017

sfomin , Nov 17, 2017 :
    i think you just want to score a free op5t [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

tell us something new [​IMG]

ilovesoneplus, otto2, pa5t1s and 2 others like this.
  11. ChrisTerp
    Lollipop Nov 17, 2017

Snorp and Ceasedd like this.
  12. joshhud
    Honeycomb Nov 17, 2017

joshhud , Nov 17, 2017 :
    20171116_125933.jpg I had an awesome time at the event and will be ordering it asap.. Just need to decide between 64 or 128.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2017

Crystal Z. and Maggie S. like this.
  13. prabhu7212
    Froyo Nov 17, 2017

prabhu7212 , Nov 17, 2017 :
    Guys You really make us very honoured and very proud being a part of One plus Family.

We are just a user but u make us feel we are the creators or OnePlus Magic . We are always proud owners and continue to be ..

Thanks for you guys hope we make history together and we are always there to support you with full love ....

14. shaivaldalal
    Cupcake Nov 17, 2017

shaivaldalal , Nov 17, 2017 :
    It takes great courage to accept mistakes on stage. Amazing job Carl Pei!
    Had a total fanboy moment today. The event and people were amazing!

As mentioned above, the face unlock video could have been made beforehand to at least demonstrate the feature.

15. J1510852167582
    Cupcake Nov 17, 2017

J1510852167582 , Nov 17, 2017 :
    Dear one plus team,

This is my honest feedback. I request you to not to take my feedback in a negative sense. I am a user of an apple 8plus product and an one plus 5 . I really love the one plus 5 and I think it's worth every penny I spent on the phone . BUT i did watch the one plus 5T launch event . I believe one plus 5T again is an amazing phone worth its cost. But here are my observations from your event .

1) The presentation should have been better. You guys have an amazing product but I felt like the presentation was mediocre.
    2) The features like face unlock should have been explained in detail and it was a very poor representation of the feature.
    3) The camera ofcourse involved upgrades but as said earlier the presentation was not upto the mark and many more.
    4) Finally I would like to again reiterate that I am a huge fan of one plus. But I believe you guys can reach the skies if the product is presented better .

Cheers guys I really think you should look into this .

Regards,
    Akshay

script and otto2 like this.
  16. Ceasedd
    Marshmallow Nov 17, 2017

Ceasedd , Nov 17, 2017 :
    The kudos to Steve Kondik was classy.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017

Mr. BG and otto2 like this.
  17. chanoncloud9
    Cupcake Nov 17, 2017

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2017

18. Ceasedd
    Marshmallow Nov 17, 2017

ChrisTerp likes this.
  19. ubatman
    Froyo Nov 17, 2017

ubatman , Nov 17, 2017 :
    Great time at the event. Fun to see the community rallying strong around OnePlus :)

ChrisTerp likes this.
  20. saikiran4ever
    Jelly Bean Nov 17, 2017

saikiran4ever , Nov 17, 2017 :
    They way your team members presented the OnePlus and OnePlus 5 are kinda of ok. The presentation could have been much better.
    I'm not sure if the audience present over there were excited with the way it was presented.
    It was like reading out news.
    The better one was Carl pei's speech.
    About op5T, we are excited to see it as it costs as same as op5 and better hardware

otto2 likes this.