[Hot Topic] How did you like the launch event and OnePlus 5T?

1. indrajit4
    Honeycomb Nov 17, 2017

indrajit4 , Nov 17, 2017 :
    Good point. I completely agree, but I have a feeling they bring out T version just so that they are not forgotten and be there in limelight.

2. samsou8803
    Froyo Nov 17, 2017

samsou8803 , Nov 17, 2017 :
    only one observation.
    they did not add oreo in op5t during launch event.
    it is a very bad move from the company, oreo is common on all latest launched phones. after few month they will update it to oreo and another one in next year. and with this 2 updates, only one year os support.(company committed to 2 os update)

3. F_Anmol_Sabharwal_yJLN
    Donut Nov 17, 2017

F_Anmol_Sabharwal_yJLN , Nov 17, 2017 :
    After 3T and now 5T people have seen the pattern. I bet op6 comes out people will just wait for op6T to be out because it more advanced version and there is hardly any difference in cost. Eventually they'll either scrap the T model or they'll launch both the models side by side just like apple and samsung does. It should be the way to go about it but then again its marketing.

4. Esanu Petru
    Cupcake Nov 17, 2017

Esanu Petru , Nov 17, 2017 :
    It was a really good launch. I liked how you focused on the community and the story about OnePlus. 5T is a really awesome phone.

5. kleinstadtbube
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 17, 2017

kleinstadtbube , Nov 17, 2017 :
    I'd like too see OIS rather than just a bigger screen.
    Regarding the camera there will be no difference at all imho.

indrajit4 likes this.
  6. pa5t1s
    Marshmallow Nov 17, 2017

pa5t1s , Nov 17, 2017 :
    The good part I'm referring to is when he talked about the mistakes he made, mainly stopping to talk with the 'community' and thinking he was smarter than many of the members, against all evidences...
    Otherwise, you're right, there were many facts, past or present, kept silent . It was definitely not the right place to expose them, but, at least, a mention would have been appreciated (something like a 'To be continued...' sentence written at the bottom of a page)
    On the technical aspect of this event, once again, it was merely an enumeration of specs (not even an unboxing) but there was no explanations. I would have liked them to explain the choices they made: "we kept the SD835 because...", "we put the FPS on back because..." "there's no Oreo because..." Choices and compromises were made (obviously) but no explanations will lead to more whining threads here... Why explain the past and present of the company itself (the invites, the SmashThePast action...) but remain silent about the past and present of the product itself? That's what interest me: designing a product needs thoughts, comparisons, tech and financial choices.
    We saw pictures of geeks gathered around Macs and RedBulls: are they working or just reading their Tweets? There's definitely something weak in OP's communication :(
    Anyway, I'm waiting for the OP5T I'll win at the Raffle :p

ChrisTerp, meatandy, otto2 and 2 others like this.
  7. joyshahluvguitar999
    Cupcake Nov 17, 2017

joyshahluvguitar999 , Nov 17, 2017 :
    I will be unsatisfied if the exchange programme will not launched by one plus...many have bought OP5 last 2-3 months paying a good price including me ( have got OP5 MIDNIGHT BLACK 128 GB )..so company should give good price for OP5 to upgrade on 5T.

8. pa5t1s
    Marshmallow Nov 17, 2017

pa5t1s , Nov 17, 2017 :
    Same here: OP has changed since the OPO era, sometimes for the best and sometimes for the worst. But, overall, they still have a lot of work to achieve: saying what they (intend to) do, doing what they said. And we, 'old members', are probably able to revive that 'spirit' (if any :p )
    It' s cool to hear Carl apologize about the lack of communication with the Community, but then how is it possible to claim "Created together with our Community/friends/fans" or whatever?
    I do hope it's not just another Marketing trick/prank, because it doesn't sound loud, clear and sincere.

OnePlus, go back to your roots : you're not another Apple (and nobody needs another Apple anyway).

Mr. BG, ChrisTerp, meatandy and 2 others like this.
  9. pa5t1s
    Marshmallow Nov 17, 2017

pa5t1s , Nov 17, 2017 :
    Agreed. As I said, the event itself was a bit 'light', both in form and content. Boring event, from my PC.
    I won't say the phone is boring, because I don't own an OP5. But, once again, the product was not properly presented: there was nothing new that wasn't already leaked on the net. Ok, so why didn't they 'communicate' in a different manner, with a different POV on the product vs the former OPs ?

ChrisTerp, meatandy and otto2 like this.
  10. pa5t1s
    Marshmallow Nov 17, 2017

pa5t1s , Nov 17, 2017 :
    They did: the 5-to-5T upgrade price is $499 or 499€.

ChrisTerp and meatandy like this.
  11. Starcommander
    Lollipop Nov 17, 2017

Starcommander , Nov 17, 2017 :
    I loved the way u presented ur mistakes with oneplus 2, and clearly mentioned that u were at fault. Kudos to oneplus for that. Only one thing, why are you discontinuing oneplus-3t. Its still available on Amazon india. Dont discontinue it. Pls. this is a request.

12. Starcommander
    Lollipop Nov 17, 2017

13. jaysonpasco
    Cupcake Nov 17, 2017

jaysonpasco , Nov 17, 2017 :
    well i wait for it to watch it live,,,i can tell that its a very simple but also a very succesful one...they meet the expectations of the consumer with this new phone,,,,goodluck for your next project oneplus team......

14. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Nov 17, 2017

Dunnow , Nov 17, 2017 :
    1st, that device is mine
    2nd, geeks and Macs... Sweet Lord Jesus good protect us all

remedy, otto2 and pa5t1s like this.
  15. pa5t1s
    Marshmallow Nov 17, 2017

pa5t1s , Nov 17, 2017 :
    1st: :p
    2nd: Amen

ChrisTerp, remedy and otto2 like this.
  16. indrajit4
    Honeycomb Nov 17, 2017

indrajit4 , Nov 17, 2017 :
    Amen !

17. JustAPhone
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 17, 2017

18. t_nu
    Froyo Nov 17, 2017

t_nu , Nov 17, 2017 :
    Was right about time for OnePlus to launch a device worth buying. I'd say this is the rightful successor to the One. Call it trial and error, but OnePlus got this one right...

remedy likes this.
  19. mr-b
    Honeycomb Nov 17, 2017

mr-b , Nov 17, 2017 :
    Too little difference between 5 and 5T, they are practically the same phone, there was probably a big overlap during the design stage (there had to be you can't design a phone from a clean sheet in <4 months) the fact that the hardware/price is so similar gives that away. The 5T is the phone they should have released in the summer but they weren't quite ready, the market was conditioned to expect a summer release so the 5 was released knowing full well the 5T was hot on it's heels. The question is will future phone releases suffer as people wait for the T? People don't like being lied to (the 3T was a "one off" to avoid an unlucky 4 being released) and lies damage reputation.

20. rwmchan
    Jelly Bean Nov 17, 2017

rwmchan , Nov 17, 2017 :
    Although it was a bit quiet, I liked the launch to be with people instead of just a clip on YouTube.