Hotfix for OnePlus X Camera is rolling out now

1. mauricemo
    Froyo Feb 29, 2016

mauricemo , Feb 29, 2016 :
    What is the size of the 2.2.0-X update? More than 9MB? If so it will be an incremental and you can trust it.
    (I am still on 2.1.3 and the size for directly going to 2.2.0-X would be 38MB)

benny.evangelista likes this.
  2. pwseo
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 29, 2016

pwseo , Feb 29, 2016 :
    Look, I already answered this before, but here we go again: No I didn't get more info from other manufacturers. However, OnePlus said they would be different and provide that kind of information. I didn't just wake up and decided on my own that OP should provide more info. They were the ones that said they would.

But let me get this straight: just because other companies don't keep their customers up to date, OnePlus has no obligation to do it? That's not the "OnePlus" that OnePlus promised to be. "Never Settle", they used to say.

3. stephenboyo
    KitKat Feb 29, 2016

stephenboyo , Feb 29, 2016 :
    Why not get a PlayStation 4 it will fix your lag forever...

konscht1611 likes this.
  4. pepinmen
    Froyo Feb 29, 2016

5. stephenboyo
    KitKat Feb 29, 2016

stephenboyo , Feb 29, 2016 :
    You people are just spoilt, you want everything now now now. In the meantime if a half baked product is rushed out, you'll be the first go up in arms against OP. Patience is a virtue...as the old saying goes

6. pepinmen
    Froyo Feb 29, 2016

pepinmen , Feb 29, 2016 :
    [QUOTE="pepinmen, post: 14575830, member: 321209"
    hola soy Helen pepin de Barcelona me recuerdas

7. pwseo
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 29, 2016

pwseo , Feb 29, 2016 :
    Why not read the thread? It will "fix" your assumptions: I don't game in my OPX. Also, I have no lag in my OPX because that can easily be solved by using a custom cpu governor.
    No, you just like assuming too much. Did I ask for a half-baked hot new update? No, I did not. I just want more *information* on what critical bugs the dev team is fixing (and let me also point out that I'm not even asking for ETAs!).
    Patience is indeed a virtue. So is careful reading.

8. Manojkumarr
    Eclair Mar 1, 2016

Manojkumarr , Mar 1, 2016 :
    It's showing installation failed, what should I do help me

And I'm also getting one problem volume key and home hardware key button isn't working after 10min, what the hell is going on with oneplus mobile

9. zsplus
    Froyo Mar 1, 2016

zsplus , Mar 1, 2016 :
    @Helen, when will be the other annoying (low fps video recording) camera bug fixed? The camera still can't record proper videos in indoor ligt conditions. Its a known bug since the opx released.

10. naa27
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 1, 2016

naa27 , Mar 1, 2016 :
    Yes, I realised that after I wrote it. But that proves my point even more. OnePlus have promised Q1 for OPO and OP2 yet people mis-read that and are constantly asking about OPX, assuming they said Q1, and also assuming that Q1 means Jan/Feb, rather than up to the end of March.

It just further proves what a hassle it is when OnePlus try to inform their users. Sadly, a lot of users are impatient fools.

As for Q2 for OPX. Yes, that is a wait though sadly indicative of updates generally for Android phones. However, I do have to ask why people are so desperate for it. It doesn't really provide that much. Even the fabled battery saving only affects phones that are lying flat on a table for a long period of time (a time when I've found my OPX currently loses about 0.2% per hour, so I can't see much saving there).

11. Rogel
    Cupcake Mar 1, 2016

Rogel , Mar 1, 2016 :
    I had my hotfix on feb26. Thanks helen and opx team. So far everything is good now.

12. Boersenfeger
    Froyo Mar 1, 2016

the_reckoner likes this.
  13. pwseo
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 1, 2016

pwseo , Mar 1, 2016 :
    So, when out of things to say you resort to name calling. Don't worry, I won't put you in that position again.

Swatpt likes this.
  14. yogenderSingh1
    Honeycomb Mar 2, 2016

yogenderSingh1 , Mar 2, 2016 :
    Okay I finally installed the update. All is well except my OPX became oven hot while optimizing apps. I know phone tends to become a bit hot while doing cpu intensive tasks but not that much. The top portion of screen and back glass was literally burning. God knows what was there in that 9MB update :confused:

15. mayankbhavsar
    Froyo Mar 2, 2016

mayankbhavsar , Mar 2, 2016 :
    After these many incremental rollouts of Oxygen Os for OPX i am still facing these issues:
    1) Phone Vibrates Randomly during call and sometimes excessively
    2) When i enter in to Safe Mode and reboot again the Clear all button appears on the Recent apps screen. But after the next reboot it disappears and i have to boot the phone through Safe Mode and then again the Normal reboot to get back the clear all button.
    3)Everytime i connect USB OTG 2-3 apps gets vanished ( icon fades and turns grey) and when i try to open the app a message is displayed "App isn't available" but after a normal reboot everything is okay.

16. JFennell
    Cupcake Mar 2, 2016

JFennell , Mar 2, 2016 :
    Hello

I got a brand new oneplusx last week and the rear camera never worked. Which is pretty shocking it was sent out for distribution without proper checks. It was always out offocus. The front selfie camera does work however. I never received the hotbox referred to last Friday. What is the status please.?

QUOTE="Helen, post: 14562693, member: 499676"]
    Hi everyone,

We are pushing out a hotfix for the image corruption issue some of you have been seeing with the OnePlus Camera after the last update. Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused, we expect to see this issue fully resolved with this update.

The rollout will still be incremental but we will try to cover everyone within the next 48 hours.[/QUOTE]

17. gerhard.scharfen
    Cupcake Mar 2, 2016

gerhard.scharfen , Mar 2, 2016 :
    Still my problem with front camera not solved: does not work at all!

18. Three1ne
    Donut Mar 2, 2016

19. AlunGWilliams
    Gingerbread Mar 3, 2016

AlunGWilliams , Mar 3, 2016 :
    Long shot, but: did you notice the protective film on the back, which needs to be removed?

JFennell likes this.
  20. JFennell
    Cupcake Mar 3, 2016

JFennell , Mar 3, 2016 :
    I did notice thanks and I removed it the first day
    Thanks though