hotspot turning off automatically

1. nevAsettle4less
    Cupcake Mar 6, 2017

nevAsettle4less , Mar 6, 2017 :
    I have the same issue but to use internet via device, connect to laptop using usb cable and turn on tethering on device. oneplus3 is really loosing the plot, I love the phone but hate these issues especially when it was fine before update. Getting ready to switch to another brand.

2. Rohit_Singh07
    Froyo Mar 6, 2017

3. G_saikrishna_krish_Tokq
    Cupcake Mar 6, 2017

4. Nickless68
    Cupcake Mar 9, 2017

Nickless68 , Mar 9, 2017 :
    The only way I fixed it on my phone was by setting up a new Hotspot name and password and "no security". Now when I have one or more devices connect it shows them and doesn't disconnect until there are no more users or I do it manually! Dangerous running with no security but there doesn't appear to be any other option if you have to have it!

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017

5. bruinplusbruin
    Froyo Mar 16, 2017

bruinplusbruin , Mar 16, 2017 :
    I'm having this issue. I'm in the US running a completely stock OP3t running OOS 4.0.3. I have a mobile network configured that has not changed in years SSID w/WPA2-PSK. There are no obvious ways to toggle any smart wifi switchers. Unfortunate to make this even worse, there's literally no way to even manually keep the hotspot on (even if my device is awake, screen on - not even a deadman button "keep alive for another 5 min!"). To be clear, these do not exist:

Note that switching to Bluetooth will likely solve this problem. When moving to that method my phone confirms the number of connected devices (thus it's reasonable to assume the connection isn't going to get dropped).

6. miami01guy
    Cupcake Mar 16, 2017

7. bruinplusbruin
    Froyo Mar 16, 2017

bruinplusbruin , Mar 16, 2017 :
    hahah "might"... [turns to look sternly at OnePlus dev team]

8. indientom
    Froyo Mar 17, 2017

indientom , Mar 17, 2017 :
    What do you think I should submit the OnePlus 3t? For me it is defective without functioning hotspot yes! Can someone tell me how the procedure of the defective OnePlus expires? Where do I have to go? Thank you for your information!

9. bruinplusbruin
    Froyo Mar 17, 2017

bruinplusbruin , Mar 17, 2017 :
    I know you'e asking for specifics about how to effect a return. I don't know how to do that. I can tell you my opinion that you're fighting an uphill battle. Functionality within the OS that could, in theory, be corrected with firmware updates is almost certainly not going to qualify you for a "defective product" by the standards I would image they apply. In the US you might be able to make that case, but it is certainly not a crystal clear legal issue, thus you're going out on a limb right now.

If it were me, I'd call or email OnePlus and be incredibly nice ("catch more flies with honey than vinegar"). If that doesn't work and you can't use any of the workaround that exist (like Bluetooth tethering) than I'd recommend selling your device on the secondary market.

10. Glitchs
    Eclair Apr 4, 2017

Glitchs , Apr 4, 2017 :
    There is a big problem with last update beside the disconection after 5 minutes. If you turn on the hotspot with the fast tile, devices are connected and working ok, but if you turn on it with a app like TASKER, now, before no problem, the devices are connected but the OP34T dont give a DHCP IP to the device and we cant share internet.
    In previous OS op3t this problem dont exist.
    Please fix it because many peple program Tasker to turn on hotspot when the mobile detect the BT of your car in order to give internet to it.
    Regards

11. Glitchs
    Eclair Apr 4, 2017

Glitchs , Apr 4, 2017 :
    There is a big problem with last update beside the disconection after 5 minutes. If you turn on the hotspot with the fast tile, devices are connected and working ok, but if you turn on it with a app like TASKER, now, before no problem, the devices are connected but the OP34T dont give a DHCP IP to the device and we cant share internet.
    Please fix it because many peple program Tasker to turn on hotspot when the mobile detect the BT of your car in order to give internet to it.
    Regards

12. Glitchs
    Eclair Apr 4, 2017

Glitchs , Apr 4, 2017 :
    Regards

13. rochx1
    Cupcake Jul 10, 2019

rochx1 , Jul 10, 2019 :
    was this ever fixed? I'm seeing a similar issue on the 6t. - The hot spot keeps turning off even when in use.