How AI Works In Smartphones Camera ?

1. G_Sandesh_Lohana_vadT
    Froyo Feb 9, 2020

G_Sandesh_Lohana_vadT , Feb 9, 2020 :
    Hello Oneplus Fans,

Today we will know about how AI works in smartphones camera.
    Let's get started!

AI is a broad branch of computer science the goal of AI is to create systems that can function intelligently and independently humans can speak and listen to communicate through languages.
    In this Era of technologies AI is one of the fastest-growing technology. AI is nothing but an artificial intelligence in a camera which is a software used in smartphones for scene recognition.

[​IMG]
    It works on various functions like face detection, edge recognition in portraits, improving colors in profiles, smoothing of the skin and many other things.
    AI usually detects the subject in front of it and processes it in real-time through the algorithm of it and like other software this also requires a bit of machine learning.

AI not only works on photos but also in videos where it focuses on the subject in front of it and gives effects according to it and blurs the rest through machine learning.
    AI cameras do the heavy work on photography which was previously done by a professional photographer.

This all is because of the machine learning algorithm where the software knows how to improve the quality of the image. Some other features of AI are camera setting, image processing, saturation, exposure, color depth, contrast, etc.

But the cherry on top is you don't need to know what the software is doing I mean who understands aperture, ISO, white balance? Unless he is a professional photographer so this is the best feature of AI. but I do understand the camera settings.

Thanks, guys for reading I hope you like the article if you find this informative then do follow me for more...

Sandesh Lohana
    (Oneplus Fan)

Starcommander likes this.
  2. Bouncer71
    OnePlus 7 Pro Sample Shot Photographer Feb 9, 2020

Bouncer71 , Feb 9, 2020 :
    And that's exactly the worst about AI...
    People don't want to learn new skills although knowledge is just a search or a click away...
    We have more resources in our hands then ever but ever less want or know who use em..
    Internet is merely infotainment...
    There will come a time when no one will want to learn to read and write cause our personal assistant can write what we say and read to us what is written...

But what happens if the AI is faulty or doesn't meet your taste...?
    Oversaturates photos because mainstream likes shift..
    Blurres the background even if not wanted...
    Skin smoothing erasing body hair...

I've said it many times before...
    I would like to see an AI that assists rather than doing everything for me...
    Like give tips on framing a photo, exposure settings, hints while editing, etc. so we can learn new skills and personally advance...

Most creativity results out of diy, trail and error..
    Not by a servant that does everything for you... ;)

ghostofcain, Jalex_h, ngydat and 6 others like this.
  3. G_Sandesh_Lohana_vadT
    Froyo Feb 10, 2020

G_Sandesh_Lohana_vadT , Feb 10, 2020 :
    yup agree with you

4. Zaphodrocks
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 10, 2020

Zaphodrocks , Feb 10, 2020 :
    Would you also agree that copy pasting an entire article without source attribution is wrong? o_O

Bouncer71 likes this.
  5. G_Sandesh_Lohana_vadT
    Froyo Feb 10, 2020

I have not copy pasted any thing just written in my own words

6. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Feb 10, 2020

camohan , Feb 10, 2020 :
    Are you sure about it? I saw a same thread in Huawei forum who happens to be some person and he looks like you. The person of the Huawei forum gives credit to dignited,guidingtech.

Bouncer71 likes this.
  7. G_Sandesh_Lohana_vadT
    Froyo Feb 10, 2020

I had written same thread in Huawei forum and that's me.

8. Matt 80
    Lollipop Feb 10, 2020

Matt 80 , via OnePlus Community App , Feb 10, 2020 :
    Not all your own words, you have cherry picked some words from the dignited article

1581340542898.jpg

1581340542961.jpg
    Just subtlety changed a few words.

9. G_Sandesh_Lohana_vadT
    Froyo Feb 10, 2020

10. Bouncer71
    OnePlus 7 Pro Sample Shot Photographer Feb 10, 2020

Bouncer71 , Feb 10, 2020 :
    So this is the article...
    https://www.dignited.com/34229/what-is-an-ai-camera-in-smartphones/

Seriously...?

It is lousy researched, plain wrong in many parts and nothing but mere clickbait...

e.g.:
    The author writes...
    but the link points to an article about AI mimicking the human brain...

Camera sensors, Lenses and Aperture (Iris) mimic the human eye... ;)

here the author says
    now an example how a photographer works to get those perfect shots..

But a smartphone should to do that in a single shot with no additional lighting, fixed aperture and mediocre sensors...?

Even AI can't help with that if the one behind the camera doesn't know what he's doing, sorry... ;)

ghostofcain, Zaphodrocks and Matt 80 like this.
  11. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Feb 12, 2020

ghostofcain , Feb 12, 2020 :
    My feeling exactly, I want a reasonable facsimile of reality when I press and click, anything else should be the responsibility of the user.

Bouncer71 likes this.