How can i rollback from OOS C.44 to C.40 version? And will it cause full data loss on rolling back? via OnePlus 9 Pro Morning Mist

1. Namit Bhardwaj , via OnePlus 9 Pro Morning Mist , Jan 23, 2022 :
    With the C.44 update the horizon light are not working on receiving a notification. This is getting absolutely ridiculous and pathetic day by day with OnePlus.
    Every update plethora of bugs.

Please help me fixing this. I would be very thankful.

Note : Feedback is already submitted to OnePlus about this but awaiting any response.

V1620492266630 likes this.
  2. Aaron2017
    General Support Expert Award 2021 Jan 23, 2022

Aaron2017 , Jan 23, 2022 :
    You can follow this thread to downgrade to OxygenOS 11 and then update manually to C40, so first download and install C36 and then take it from there to C40
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/how-to-downgrade-from-oos-12-to-oos-11.1534473/#post-23947205
    This will wipe all data yes.
    Have you considered a factory reset (if you haven't already did one) since it'll wipe data anyway? This might sort some issues too

Caomhin likes this.
  3. Namit Bhardwaj , via OnePlus 9 Pro Morning Mist , Jan 23, 2022 :
    Thank you for the response but i didn't wanted to roll back to OS 11 even when i got caught with buggy 12 update. Just because i can't afford putting that much time again to deal with data wipe.

That's why i wanted if rolling back to Older version of OOS 22 c.40 is possible without data wipe

Koos1012 likes this.
  4. Aaron2017

Oh, i see. In order to go to a lower version of OxygenOS 12 you first have to downgrade to OxygenOS 11. It may be possible via MSM tool too but both ways will wipe all data.

AlexCabral and Caomhin like this.
  5. Namit Bhardwaj , via OnePlus 9 Pro Morning Mist , Jan 23, 2022 :
    Ah shit. If i had to roll back to os11 then i will eventually stay there coz this OS12 is just ridiculous.

I am getting fed up with this and going to sell of my phone soon.

Thank you for you time bud.

6. Aaron2017

You're welcome 👍
    Sorry i couldn't bring you better news.

Caomhin and Namit Bhardwaj like this.
  7. D1619455358793
    Cupcake Jan 23, 2022

8. Namit Bhardwaj , via OnePlus 9 Pro Morning Mist , Jan 23, 2022 :
    Do you have any update on the horizon light issue?

Is it for you as well? And whether it is a common bug reported or a feature taken away?

9. Namit Bhardwaj , via OnePlus 9 Pro Morning Mist , Jan 23, 2022 :
    Exactly my friend. This was the last i trusted them.

I am just going to wait for the Horizon light fix and then never updating anything.

10. Aaron2017

It should still be there and work, though it does only blink once very briefly. I've seen a couple of more posts about it not working, so you're not alone in this. You can try clearing storage data of the AOD in settings>apps>app management>show system>AOD and see if that helps (if you haven't done that already).

Caomhin likes this.
  11. Namit Bhardwaj , via OnePlus 9 Pro Morning Mist , Jan 23, 2022 :
    I haven't but i did after your kind suggestion. But still it is not working. Horizon light now is working only if Always on display is on.
    Previously this wasn't the case. even if AOD is off, the Horizon light and your screen would lift up for a second to show you the notification. But now after this update it is not working.
    Would you be so kind in giving me any update if you get?

12. Aaron2017

I'm just a user like yourself so i won't be getting any updates about this from OnePlus themselves. What i can do is, if i see someone posting a fix for this in the main update thread, I'll post it here for you to try.
    I'll also tag @Caomhin and @Swejuggalo (both are also just users) to see if they have any other ideas to try

13. Namit Bhardwaj , via OnePlus 9 Pro Morning Mist , Jan 23, 2022 :
    Dear friend, i would be so thankful to you. This would be a big help because this was one feature that i was relying on quite often. During calls i just had to have a look at the screen to know is the notification useful or line OTPs for which i didn't had to turn on screen.

Aaron2017 likes this.
  14. Aaron2017

If i see something that fixed it for another user i will be sure to post it here.👍

Namit Bhardwaj likes this.
  15. Caomhin
    9 Series Expert, Participator of the Year Community Expert Jan 23, 2022

Caomhin , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jan 23, 2022 :
    👍
    This wasn't a feature I used. However have tested it with AOD on an off. Seems to work in both scenarios on EU OOS 12 C44 when receiving a message.

All I could suggest is to send Bug reports and give Feedback on the issue back to the OnePlus OOS developers. So that they can investigate them.
    https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/

And you can also contact OnePlus support directly to see if they have more information on your issue. Scroll down the page for Email, Phone contact and online Chat details.
    https://www.oneplus.com/support

Aaron2017 likes this.
  16. Namit Bhardwaj , via OnePlus 9 Pro Morning Mist , Jan 23, 2022 :
    Dear
    Thank you for your response.

I have an IN version and it is not working with AOD off. Nevertheless, i had submitted the bug/feedback already as i mentioned but i have a question. How can i capture this in logs? Will screen recording work when phone screen is locked and if it won't will it capture horizon light functionality?

Thanks in advance for taking you time to reply

17. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Jan 23, 2022

Swejuggalo , Jan 23, 2022 :
    I've seen it being a problem for serveral, even on 11. For me just a blink isn't very useful. So I don't normally use it.
    Probably something changed in AOD apk or something. Tried it and the same here.
    The AOD isn't what I want either. I want the good old touch to wake for example. Does not exist.

Namit Bhardwaj and Caomhin like this.
  18. Caomhin
    9 Series Expert, Participator of the Year Community Expert Jan 23, 2022

Caomhin , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jan 23, 2022 :
    Not sure that it will record the Horizon light issue itself, but you can give it a try. If it doesn't, then mention that in the feedback and give a description of the issue experienced.

Aaron2017 and Namit Bhardwaj like this.
  19. Namit Bhardwaj , via OnePlus 9 Pro Morning Mist , Jan 23, 2022 :
    So meaning for you also horizon light aren't working if AOD is off?

20. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Jan 23, 2022

Swejuggalo , Jan 23, 2022 :
    Exactly. Just like I'm forced to use AOD in power saving mode if wanting Bitmoji since tap to wake is gone.
    Hopefully they fix it unless it's intended of some reason.