How can I un-root, lock bootloader, and remove boot message?

1. keeganjk
    Gingerbread Jan 4, 2018

keeganjk , Jan 4, 2018 :
    I know. I want to know how to do that just in case I want to sell it.

2. keeganjk
    Gingerbread Jan 12, 2018

keeganjk , Jan 12, 2018 :
    I've found the solution: factory reset, use default recovery, re-flash stock OS, and then re-lock bootloader with `fastboot oem lock`.

Hydra Bob likes this.
  3. Hydra Bob
    Starting Point Expert Jan 12, 2018

Hydra Bob , Jan 12, 2018 :
    I thought you said you were sure all of the software on your phone was already put back to stock.:p Glad you figured it out though, that one was bugging me but I wasn't about to try it on my phone.:)

keeganjk likes this.
  4. itzkieran1
    Eclair Jan 12, 2018

itzkieran1 , Jan 12, 2018 :
    •If the update removed root and you still have the message then I would recommend firstly make a full backup of your phone.

• You can do this with a computer but Google also automatically backs all your apps and contacts up to the cloud.

• You need to unlock developer options and then enable advanced reboot and OEM unlock as well as usb debugging.

•Making sure you have the correct drivers and ADB fastboot files on your laptop or computer, reboot your phone into bootloader.

• Open a command console in your fastboot folder on your computer and type 'fastboot devices'. This will tell you if your device is connected correctly.

° I'm assuming you already know how to do this because you have already done the process when you rooted.

•If device is connected type 'fastboot oem unlock' and your phone will say are you sure, this will erase all your data and select yes.

• Once your phone has wiped, on the setup screen sign in with Google and recover your data.

5. itzkieran1
    Eclair Jan 12, 2018

itzkieran1 , Jan 12, 2018 :
    •If the update removed root and you still have the message then I would recommend firstly make a full backup of your phone.

• You can do this with a computer but Google also automatically backs all your apps and contacts up to the cloud.

• You need to unlock developer options and then enable advanced reboot and OEM unlock as well as usb debugging.

•Making sure you have the correct drivers and ADB fastboot files on your laptop or computer, reboot your phone into bootloader.

• Open a command console in your fastboot folder on your computer and type 'fastboot devices'. This will tell you if your device is connected correctly.

° I'm assuming you already know how to do this because you have already done the process when you rooted.
    and your phone will say are you sure, this will erase all your data and select yes.

• Once your phone has wiped, on the setup screen sign in with Google and recover your data.

meant to say oem lock hehe