How do I get my previously saved passwords since this latest update? via OnePlus Community App

1. Annie H.
    Cupcake Sep 22, 2021

Annie H. , via OnePlus Community App , Sep 22, 2021 :
    All of my previously saved passwords are stored and I can see them. I'm unable to utilize any of them. I keep getting cues to go to the settings and edit them or make new ones and I don't want to do either one of those things. Before this latest update I could just tap the little key symbol and they would pop up on the screen and I could select them to autofill. If anybody has any idea on how to fix this problem, I would love the assistance.

2. hbk1402
    KitKat Sep 22, 2021

3. Praty_28
    KitKat Sep 22, 2021

Praty_28 , Sep 22, 2021 :
    Hey! I think the autofill service got disabled post update. To re enable it you need to go into settings >> language and input >> autofill and then select google. The key icon should reappear once you enable the autofill service.

Annie H. likes this.
  4. Annie H.
    Cupcake Sep 22, 2021

5. Annie H.
    Cupcake Sep 22, 2021

Praty_28 likes this.
  6. Annie H.
    Cupcake Sep 24, 2021

Annie H. , via OnePlus Community App , Sep 24, 2021 :
    I took those steps and it didn't work. Google is enabled as autofill but it's still not allowing me to use my saved passwords.

7. Praty_28
    KitKat Sep 24, 2021

Praty_28 , Sep 24, 2021 :
    I am not quite sure why it isn't working for you even when the autofill service is turned on. Have you tried the basic troubleshooting steps like rebooting your device?

If nothing works, you can start using a dedicated password manager application. Bitwarden is a good alternative to google's autofill. You can also easily export all your currently saved passwords over to bitwarden.

Shailender Sharma likes this.
  8. Annie H.
    Cupcake Sep 24, 2021

Annie H. , via OnePlus Community App , Sep 24, 2021 :
    Thank you yes I have rebooted the phone. I will try your password manager. It's just imperative that I have some assistance with passwords. I've had five brain surgeries and remembering them is impossible. I keep a notepad app. There is a list of most of them in there but not all of them. Google always autofilled so I didn't have to remember. I do appreciate your input and your help.

Praty_28 likes this.
  9. Annie H.
    Cupcake Sep 24, 2021

10. Praty_28
    KitKat Sep 24, 2021

Praty_28 , Sep 24, 2021 :
    Going through five surgeries must've been really hard :( I hope you are doing well now. I believe switching to a dedicated password manager application would make things a lot more convenient for you.

There's some things that you need to keep in mind before you switch though. You will be asked to create a master password which you absolutely cannot afford to forget, because if you do, there's no other way to open your bitwarden vault. You can set a hint but that's about it, no "forgot password" option to reset your master password.

The other thing is, you'll have to manually add a newly created account/password to your bitwarden vault. All the passwords that you have already created and saved with Google will be imported but the newer one's will have to be manually saved, like you do on your notepad. I mean to say you won't get a "save this password?" popup like google gives you when you create a new account somewhere.

Exporting your passwords from google is very simple, you need to go into chrome app >> Settings >> Passwords >> 3 dot menu and then export passwords from there.

Screenshot_20210924-094005092.jpg

You can then follow this simple guide to import them over to bitwarden.

https://bitwarden.com/help/article/import-data/

That's about it, a fairly simple process to switch to a more secure and reliable password manager. Let me know if you need any help while setting it up :)

Annie H. likes this.
  11. Ghazala.Yasmeen
    OnePlus Bug Hunter Staff Member Sep 25, 2021

Ghazala.Yasmeen , Sep 25, 2021 :
    For analyzing this better we would need few details and have responded to you via direct message. 

12. Annie H.
    Cupcake Sep 26, 2021

Annie H. , via OnePlus Community App , Sep 26, 2021 :
    It turns out that if I'm using playing Google, I can access my saved passwords if I'm using Google Chrome I cannot. I don't understand the difference truthfully. But I also don't believe I've received a message from you directly

13. Ghazala.Yasmeen
    OnePlus Bug Hunter Staff Member Sep 28, 2021

Ghazala.Yasmeen , Sep 28, 2021 :
    Thank you for detailed information and we would request you to check for message option in OnePlus Community app.