How do I hide pictures in gallery?

1. Liberatto
    Donut Nov 7, 2018

Liberatto , Nov 7, 2018 :
    Recently I've been trying to hide some pictures from the gallery but there isn't any options for that so I was wondering if anyone here would know a way to do it or maybe the One Plus team could add the option for us :)

2. stark2991_PL
    KitKat Nov 7, 2018

stark2991_PL , Nov 7, 2018 :
    Create .nomedia file inside the folder which you don't want to see, or download another gallery (QuickPic can do this) which will do it automatically.

3. Liberatto
    Donut Nov 7, 2018

Yeah but the thing with QuickPick I've seen is that the phone would detect those missing pictures as "deleted recently" somehow and it would delete all of them after 30 days.

And the other drawback I see with the pictures hidden using the ".name" technique is that you can't really scroll through all of the pictures, you've got to open one, then step back to preview the others and then open up another one, you can't just swipe through them.

I hope you get the point though xD

Anyways huge thanks for the tips!! I really appreciate them and how quickly you responded, really, thank you! :D

4. stark2991_PL
    KitKat Nov 7, 2018

No, it doesn't work like this. It shouldn't be like this.
    .nomedia file just "tells" the app, that in this folder are no media (like the name says). So the app "thinks" that the folder is empty and doesn't display its content. Gallery app can't delete these files if it doesn't see them

5. Liberatto
    Donut Nov 7, 2018

nono, I know that, to see the files you'd have to go into the files manager and then open them one by one cause it won't let you swipe between them when you open one up, get it now?

6. stark2991_PL
    KitKat Nov 7, 2018

This is the second problem, I didn't manage to answer about it earlier.
    Yes, this happens when the folder is hidden. But if you use gallery like QuickPic (not only this one) you can show hidden folders and view pics normally. When you finish, you just hide them or close the app. The truth is that the stock gallery sucks. Really sucks. I don't use it at all.

7. Liberatto
    Donut Nov 7, 2018

alright! i'll try that one out! Thanks buddy!! :D