How do I protect a couple of individual apps from battery deep optimization?

1. ian.philip
    Honeycomb Jul 8, 2019

ian.philip , Jul 8, 2019 :
    Hi Community,

Battery Deep Optimization is one of the features that I really like as it saves the battery significantly for me. However, I do have some apps that I don't want to kill even when I am not using the phone, such as password management app that I will need it to auto fill anytime. Once the password management app is killed, I will have to restart and reset it's authorization to read my screen and whatnot, very inconvenient.

What should I do? thanks.

2. Discostu
    Jelly Bean Jul 9, 2019

Discostu , Jul 9, 2019 :
    Hey mate,

There's a couple of things you can do:

1) Go into battery settings and make sure any app you want running in the background is not listed in the "restricted app" section of adaptive battery.
    2) Go into the apps and notifications section and find any app you want to remain open -> tap on it -> tap battery -> turn off battery optimisation and make sure it is able to run in the background

I think these should help keep them running

3. Hydra Bob
    Starting Point Expert Jul 9, 2019

Hydra Bob , Jul 9, 2019 :
    Also once you do what @Discostu suggested above, if any of the apps in question continue to close unexpectedly please report the issue in the feedback section of the forum. The Oxygen team is actively working to improve the RAM management of OOS so that this doesn't continue to happen in the future and user feedback will greatly help them in accomplishing that.

https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback

(Open the link in a browser if you can't access it from the community app)

Discostu and ian.philip like this.
  4. ian.philip
    Honeycomb Jul 9, 2019

ian.philip , Jul 9, 2019 :
    This is a great answer. I am setting it now! Thank you so much!

Hydra Bob and Discostu like this.
  5. ian.philip
    Honeycomb Jul 9, 2019

ian.philip , Jul 9, 2019 :
    Will do and thank you for your help.

Hydra Bob likes this.