how does iphone still survive

1. slope
    Donut Apr 25, 2014

slope , Apr 25, 2014 :

Yeah alot of them have bought heavily into the fruit market.
    One thing that is a thorn in my eye still is the following line from fruit fanboys: With ixxx, ios etc things just always work.

And that is a thorn in my eye because sadly they got a point.

So my hope is that by teaming up with CM 1+1 will be stable, yet take advantage of the community spirit in the android world. Cause I would feel so good being able to return that statement with a 1+1 in my hand.

2. evleung
    Donut Apr 25, 2014

3. theslimshadyist
    Jelly Bean Apr 25, 2014

theslimshadyist , Apr 25, 2014 :

Specs don't necessarily matter it's really more about fluidity and end user experience, both of which apple do extremely well. If you've ever used a Moto X, the experience is incredible, especially given the outdated processing power. They were out to prove that the specs didn't matter and I personally believe they did an outstanding job in this area.

Disclaimer: I own an iPhone 5S, Moto X, HTC One (M7), but my daily driver is a Nexus 5.

4. Omar Khan
    Cupcake Apr 25, 2014

Omar Khan , Apr 25, 2014 :
    Like I mentioned earlier in this thread. Most consumers are unaware of technical detail and care less about it than the user experience it provides. If I (being a consumer) can access facebook, internet, play a few games, call, chat, message, and so on I could care less about the specs. (I actually do care. I'm just speaking from the perspective of the common consumer)

5. tcummings
    Eclair Apr 25, 2014

tcummings , Apr 25, 2014 :
    Did you mean can't??

6. Maier Leo
    Gingerbread Apr 25, 2014

Maier Leo , Apr 25, 2014 :
    How is battery life of the Nexus 5, I like the design of the phone...

Last edited: Apr 25, 2014

7. tcummings
    Eclair Apr 25, 2014

tcummings , Apr 25, 2014 :
    Lol..calm yourself

8. theslimshadyist
    Jelly Bean Apr 25, 2014

theslimshadyist , Apr 25, 2014 :
    I'm a heavy user and typically get about 7-8 hours out of it.

Maier Leo likes this.
  9. Maier Leo
    Gingerbread Apr 25, 2014

Four years ago I went out to buy my first smartphone. I compared the designs, and the design of the iPhone 4 was the one I liked the most. I think its a design classic. Straight, simple, reduced to the maximum. I am writing these lines on this phone, I am still using it. It still is working fine.

theslimshadyist likes this.
  10. polluted
    Gingerbread Apr 25, 2014

polluted , Apr 25, 2014 :
    You're settling for a OnePlus One.

11. Maier Leo
    Gingerbread Apr 25, 2014

Thanks.

12. polluted
    Gingerbread Apr 25, 2014

iPhone 6 isn't announced yet. You're talking out of your ***, until it is.

13. djkinetic
    Gingerbread Apr 25, 2014

djkinetic , Apr 25, 2014 :
    I used to use the iPhone up till iPhone 4, the original iPhone was innovative no doubt...so Apple deserves credit for that, but each of the last few iterations has become very stale as many of us here know...The thing is as stated earlier most Apple users have more vested in the Apple Ecosystem than just an iPhone...I have a macbook air and pro, say what you will about Apple but they still make very good notebooks albeit usually more pricey than PC counterparts...Also if you ever used an Apple product you know out of the box generally it just works...its this simplicity and reliability that most consumers like and is one of the major reasons why Apple users are so loyal to the brand, stuff just works out of the box no tinkering needed generally.

Believe it or not us tinkerers are the minority of the mobile market.

14. SuperTech
    Gingerbread Apr 25, 2014

SuperTech , Apr 25, 2014 :
    iPhone survives because there are people who want something simple and spoon fed to them and are willing to pay for that.

Personally, I won't touch an Apple product with 10 foot pole as I refuse to have anything forced on me or be locked into a dictatorship. Android is all about freedom, creativity, and personalization and that fits my personality. :)

tcummings likes this.
  15. polluted
    Gingerbread Apr 25, 2014

The hyperbole is strong with this one.

16. SuperTech
    Gingerbread Apr 25, 2014

SuperTech , Apr 25, 2014 :
    I want to be able to choose my phone from many manufacturers not just one who thinks they know better then me that I want a 4" phone. Not!

17. sauprankul
    Gingerbread Apr 25, 2014

sauprankul , Apr 25, 2014 :
    Anybody who says that Apple users are dumb is closed minded.
    Realize that though Apple products are ridiculously overpriced and underpowered, they are reliable and tightly integrated. "Everything just works." Why is it that an iPhone 5 can stand by for a week but an HTC One can only do so for 3 days? Why is it that an iPhone receives every single notification on time, but sometimes I have to wake my phone up to get alerts? Think about it. Android phones in general are not known for their reliability, and neither is CyanogenMod. Its just that we are willing to sacrifice playing it safe in order to stay on the bleeding edge of technology.
    It's as simple as that. An iPhone does less, but does it very well. An Android does a crap ton more but you're bound to run into some kind of problem.

18. longshanks30
    Gingerbread Apr 25, 2014

19. Maier Leo
    Gingerbread Apr 25, 2014

When I started to buy Apple products they were a little start up, fighting to survive. They were very innovative then. People tend to forget.
    Things have changed. Apple is now a huge corporation, still great products, but I am looking for something new.

20. Elisha Siegelman
    Cupcake Apr 25, 2014