How does the Bitmoji AOD works?

1. Yash7737
    Cupcake Jul 26, 2021

Yash7737 , Jul 26, 2021 :
    I deal with severe anxiety, and this new feature while being good and eye-catching, has been really accurate with what I am doing at the moment and I keep my ambient display on always on, so whenever my phone catches my eye, the bitmoji is doing the exact thing which I am doing, it hasn't been correct all the time but 80% of the time, yeah... So can anyone tell me how does this thing work? I have read that it approximates your activities based on time and location, but I still don't understand much of it

2. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Jul 26, 2021

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 9 Pro Stellar Black , Jul 26, 2021 :
    Some guessing algorithm I assume... Haven't really given it much thought.

I have trouble with the sitting in a cup of tea emoji... Don't like tea nor like much heat 😜 And the poor guy most often looks overrealistically too happy 😉

Caomhin likes this.
  3. Aaron2017
    Lollipop Jul 26, 2021

Aaron2017 , Jul 26, 2021 :
    When i got this on my 8 pro a couple of months ago i was wondering this as well. It changing along with the weather and the time of the day i get. When it shows tired/depleted after i finish my workout could be down to me tracking the workout with my smartwatch. But it also displayed the coffee one when i was actually drinking coffee both in the morning and in the afternoon. And not just one day, quite a lot of days. But that would just be a coincidence i think, it's not that my phone can smell the coffee, or can it...?🤔

rhyd1am, Caomhin and J4t1np4r3kh like this.
  4. Swejuggalo

Could be plenty of sources. All depends on your privacy configurations and such on various services (where you even have a choice)
    1627310840286.jpg

Caomhin likes this.
  5. Aaron2017
    Lollipop Jul 26, 2021

Yeah, it was more out of curiosity, i don't even use Snapchat, i made an account years ago but never used it, so it might even be more accurate if i do use it. Regardless, i'm impressed in the way they made it work, i never thought i would like it this much.🙂

6. Swejuggalo

Either I have done something wrong or right depending on how you see it... I'm apparently at home watching the television. Just parked my car after having been out eating. And when eating I was resting on a pillow... 😜

Caomhin likes this.
  7. Aaron2017
    Lollipop Jul 26, 2021

Haha, that doesn't sound right. Maybe it has some sort of a learning curve, you only just got it while i've had it for over 2 months. It isn't always accurate though, understandably, that's pretty much impossible i think.

8. Swejuggalo

I have Snapchat too but as for many apps... I have it mostly to check and confirm users issues on the Community 😉 Don't share my location and put it on optimize with extreme low use.

J4t1np4r3kh likes this.
  9. Aaron2017
    Lollipop Jul 26, 2021

I wanted to try it because everybody was talking about it but quickly realized it wasn't for me at all. Plus it was a serious battery drainer at the time as well.

10. J4t1np4r3kh
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Jul 26, 2021

J4t1np4r3kh , Jul 26, 2021 :
    Now that's what I call dedication 🔥💯

11. Swejuggalo

When watching movies I most often have this near me... Most often doing something unless very interesting movie 😉

1627332026464.jpg
    9 Pro (stable) + 12 DP1 + Nord CE 😜

J4t1np4r3kh likes this.
  12. yashpatil1998 , via OnePlus 9 Pro Pine Green , Jul 27, 2021 :
    From what I have observed, the bitmoji app / OS takes into consideration the apps you use. If you happen to use video calls / click or shoot videos then the emoji tends to shift something towards a camera based theme. In the evenings it has tea coffee based themes. In my case, I use some office related apps so at times it shows a character working on a laptop or so. In the night time if I'm still using my phone then a tired character. Something pretty obvious right?

13. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Jul 27, 2021

Swejuggalo , Jul 27, 2021 :
    I don't know what Bitmoji found out about me.... I was black for a moment today! 😜 Does that mean Bitmoji black-faced me? 😂 How racist of them.

Yepp. App and 3rd party sources of various kinds. Don't know why is especially bad for me... Probably lack some apps or don't allow that much tracking in total. I usually don't allow location tracking features and stuff unless it really gives me positive and good enough reason to use it. And if possible to limit stuff further I often do.

Caomhin likes this.
  14. Aaron2017
    Lollipop Jul 27, 2021

Aaron2017 , Jul 27, 2021 :
    This happened to me in beta 10 on 8 pro as well, was it the one surfing on a slice of pizza? I reported it with the logs back then and it didn't happen again in beta 11, at least not that i saw, it's quite possible it did but i wasn't looking at my phone at that time.

Caomhin likes this.
  15. Swejuggalo

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 9 Pro Stellar Black , Jul 27, 2021 :
    Yepp the same pizza bitmoji

Caomhin likes this.
  16. Swejuggalo

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 9 Pro Stellar Black , Jul 27, 2021 :
    Maybe the exact same black guy ending up there for everyone. Or a random generated guy for the pizza slice emoji.
    Since it imports content from Bitmoji it's probably a glitch from Bitmoji but I haven't digged around into that just yet.

Caomhin likes this.
  17. Aaron2017
    Lollipop Jul 27, 2021

Aaron2017 , Jul 27, 2021 :
    I only knew of one other user who also got something similar but with a palm tree, so i thought they might be bugs with the OS. But now i see you had the same thing happen, you might be right about the glitch being from Bitmoji's side. Took me close to 4 hours staring at my screen before it showed up again so i could record the logs.🤪