How good is OnePlus 3T Corning Gorilla Glass 4?

1. Xypleth7
    Honeycomb Jul 6, 2017

Xypleth7 , Jul 6, 2017 :
    I have quite a bad experience with OP3T's screen. I am very careful with it, but this is the most scratched phone display I've ever had. I'm not sure if bad luck or softer glass, or defective unit. I was very surprised I got so many scratches in under half a year usage.

I'm very sad about this.
    But the screen protector I got Orzly V2 was complete garbage, so I decided to go without screen protector altogether, I used all my previous phones without screen protectors.

2. G_ankit_bhaskar_wMAe
    Donut Jul 7, 2017

3. cmitchellshaw
    KitKat Jul 7, 2017

johneeee likes this.
  4. Amegilla
    Cupcake Jul 7, 2017

Amegilla , Jul 7, 2017 :
    I've dropped my phone twice and got 2 cracks at the top - outside the main screen, however. I leave them there to remind me to be more careful

MikeMp likes this.
  5. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Jul 7, 2017

ghostofcain , Jul 7, 2017 :
    Yes you could use it without a screen protector, would it get scratched? Probably

Sun90 likes this.
  6. MPMistry
    Cupcake Jul 7, 2017

MPMistry , Jul 7, 2017 :
    Are there any good screen protectors to recommend for 3T? I couldn't find the ones direct from one plus since the new release of OP5

7. Endri_Matodashaj
    Gingerbread Jul 7, 2017

Endri_Matodashaj , Jul 7, 2017 :
    I've cracked my Op3 screen. It's GG4 too, The 2.5D cut on the edges makes it very fragile. Don't keep it without any protector if you don't want to pay 100$ to fix it than.
    Real Story

PTuT and MikeMp like this.
  8. INDIANTROID
    Gingerbread Jul 7, 2017

9. MikeMp
    Honeycomb Jul 7, 2017

MikeMp , Jul 7, 2017 :
    I use Sumsang J7 prime on my OP3t. it doesn't fit well in the sides. But it is better than Orzy one. It is very clear as if there is no protector and the front camera is just uncovered. The phone looks just nice and protected. about the sides not fitting, don't worry, u get used so quick.

But it's not a good idea not to use any protector on 3t. Surely not a good idea, unless u really don't care paying the lot for replacement.

10. sushil28
    Eclair Jul 7, 2017

sushil28 , Jul 7, 2017 :
    I am using my one plus 3 for last 10 months without screen protector. No scratches so far. So it has good quality screen.

johneeee likes this.
  11. 0slawek
    Jelly Bean Jul 7, 2017

0slawek , Jul 7, 2017 :
    Using my 3t without screen protector since January and no single scratch on the glass.

12. PTuT
    Jelly Bean Jul 7, 2017

PTuT , Jul 7, 2017 :
    Bought tempered screen protector on eBay cheaply and it does fairly good job. It fully covers the screen but has in some situations tendency to have rainbow effect which is minor and I am OK with it. Rather that than scratched or cracked screen.

13. G_Naeem_Ahmed_Talukder_v
    Cupcake Jul 7, 2017

14. Victoria Paramonova
    Cupcake Jul 7, 2017

15. JonyDutta
    Cupcake Aug 19, 2017

16. PrashantKarma
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 20, 2017

PrashantKarma , Aug 20, 2017 :
    m using without any screen protection more than a month now n believe me there are no any visible scratches its smooth and display looks awesome bt better get a phone case

johneeee likes this.
  17. Naveedkazi
    Honeycomb Aug 20, 2017

Naveedkazi , Aug 20, 2017 :
    My oneplus 3T took a heavy fall on the concrete surface straight on the front face, it survived just a minor dent. Its pretty tough

johneeee likes this.
  18. johneeee
    Cupcake Nov 4, 2017

johneeee , Nov 4, 2017 :
    Check this video out - it may help you make up your mind:-

19. Katrick
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 4, 2017

20. vintagetech
    Honeycomb Nov 4, 2017

vintagetech , Nov 4, 2017 :
    Every time I get a new phone, I put a screen saver on it. I hate using phones with scratches on the screen. I also put a case on my phones too. Spigen cases tend to be lightweight yet protective enough if you are not careless with your phone.

I would suggest you stay away from tempered glass screen savers on any phones with curved screens (OP3 and OP3T have 2.5D curved screens). Zero of the glass screen savers I tried on my OP3 worked well - all of them had some sort of rainbow effect in the middle of the screen.

If you want a screen saver, get a regular screen saver and thanks to the curve of your screen you will not have the entire screen covered. In my experience, the best fit and clarity for my OP3 is Omotion screen savers. I bought them off Amazon.com.