How good is the oneplus three for you?

1. G_Christian_Palladino_FM
    Froyo Nov 9, 2016

G_Christian_Palladino_FM , Nov 9, 2016 :
    I discoverd oneplus and the oneplus 3 around July, and ever since I saw it I knew it'd be my next phone. I currently have a Galaxy s6 edge plus, this phone has absolutely horrible battery life(1-2 SOT), drains at least 6 percent an hour, and overheats constantly not to mention horrible performance. I've been wanting to get one since then, but I haven't had the money, but I will soon. So, before I get it I wanted to hear some owners opinions on the battery life, performance, or anything about the phone. I've watched a million videos on the phone but I want to hear some normal users like me. Thanks and sorry for the long post!

G_aagontuk_hasan_rDwa likes this.
  2. SimonRam
    Lollipop Nov 10, 2016

SimonRam , Nov 10, 2016 :
    There's a lot of great and some not so great.
    There's also a lot of people who will tell you so called "facts" when they haven't got one to speak about.

Battery is good, dash charge will change how you ever charged before.

Speed is good, no lags.

Camera is good for me, again a lot of here say out there. Video I don't use although people have said stability is an issue.

Stock oos 3.2.7 is good and stable although there are some good tweaks being worked on in the community build.

Gestures are great, very handy.

It's slippery as hell, get a case!

Not daydream compatible the 820 according to Qualcomm, 821 is.

Screen is good, FHd is ok, face it no-one is going to look at it from three inches. Also if you're not going to be using it for daydream or VR it doesn't matter.

Storage is plenty at 64gb, if you need more that's what the cloud is for, if it isn't enough, don't get one as there's no SD card slot.

Can't really think of much else.
    There's cheaper out there if you.want, depends on OS and what you want to look at.

Watch out for the trolls!
    :)

3. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Nov 10, 2016

theshinybeast , Nov 10, 2016 :
    This:rolleyes:

SimonRam likes this.
  4. Ceasedd
    Marshmallow Nov 10, 2016

Ceasedd , Nov 10, 2016 :
    Very good battery here.Snappy OS.

malidan, SimonRam and theshinybeast like this.
  5. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow Nov 10, 2016

toastytoast1234 , Nov 10, 2016 :
    The S6 Edge+ is a beautiful phone, but damn that battery sucks hard. And people ***** about OP going with 3000mAh on the OP3...

SimonRam likes this.
  6. bpwest80
    KitKat Nov 10, 2016

bpwest80 , Nov 10, 2016 :
    I love the phone. It's super fast. It charges even faster. The camera is good, video needs improvement. It feels great in hand. Top notch build quality. It has some great customizable features. I'm satisfied with the display. It's plenty bright for me. Call quality is good but it doesn't get as good of cell signal as my 6p, Honor 8 or my Honor 5X. That's one thing I'm disappointed in. It may be due to the metal build I'm not sure, maybe it's the cell radio. The speaker isn't that great on it either. By no means the worst I've ever heard but it's not very good. I get great battery life, a little less than 6hrs SOT per charge. All in all I love the phone. I would recommend it!

gaster likes this.
  7. G_Christian_Palladino_FM
    Froyo Nov 10, 2016

G_Christian_Palladino_FM , Nov 10, 2016 :
    Thanks, I don't mind the FHD display, I'm not going to use VR or anything. I'll have to look into getting a case too, I didn't even think of it

8. G_Christian_Palladino_FM
    Froyo Nov 10, 2016

Wow 6 hours SOT that's a lot. I hope cell service isn't too big an issue for me though. Just out of curiosity, how much does the battery drain with screen off?

9. G_Christian_Palladino_FM
    Froyo Nov 10, 2016

Yeah it looks nice, but the glass back ends up looking ugly full of fingerprints, and the phones awkwardly skinny without a case

10. Volodymyr_Lendel
    Cupcake Nov 10, 2016

Volodymyr_Lendel , Nov 10, 2016 :
    Totally agree with SimonRam.
    Only one thing that I am missing from stock Android (former Nexus 5 user:) is software "do not disturb" mode. Yes you do have silent mode switch, but if you want your OnePlus 3 going into a silent mode by schedule (i.e. daily 9pm-7am) without additional interaction - this is not possible. Watched hundreds of different reviews before purchase, no one mentioned this.

SimonRam likes this.
  11. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow Nov 10, 2016

toastytoast1234 , Nov 10, 2016 :
    Anything and everything is possible with Tasker.

12. l1qu1dsnake
    Donut Nov 10, 2016

l1qu1dsnake , Nov 10, 2016 :
    S6 Has one of the worst battery life.
    Had one for 2 weeks and sold it. Couldn't take the battery life anymore.
    Oneplus 2 and Oneplus 3 has been good to me.

Oneplus 3 battery is not amazing but will do. Typically last me until the end of the day.

Recently, I had to wait for an appointment at a government agency and it took from 9am to 3pm. It drained until 15% but I had more than 3 hours SOT keeping up on the US Elections and Facebook. And about an hour of Google maps navigation. So I think that's justified. When I popped back into my car for the ride home about 30 mins, it went back up to 30% using the Car charger. Home for an hour and got it back to 95% because of dash charge.

Summary:
    For this price (yes again, the price), the battery life, how quick the phone is, very decent camera, it's a steal.

13. Volodymyr_Lendel
    Cupcake Nov 10, 2016

Volodymyr_Lendel , Nov 10, 2016 :
    Thank you. I know that. But this is just an app, not OS feature.

14. A.SANKHYAN
    Cupcake Nov 10, 2016

A.SANKHYAN , Nov 10, 2016 :
    having this phone just for few days and it's been just amazing... Best thing about the phone, after its pricing, is Dash charging...and ya the whooping 6GB of ram.

so far very impressive device... just have to see how it ages

15. bpwest80
    KitKat Nov 10, 2016

bpwest80 , Nov 10, 2016 :
    For me it's around 80/20 after being off the charger for around 15hrs. So probably around 20%. That may sound worse than what it actually is. That's with me using it all throughout the day. Picking it up every few minutes. Overnight with it just laying on the table it'll only lose about 5%. It's around half a percent an hour. Everyone uses their phone different so no two results will be the same. These are just my results. I don't do any gaming throughout the day so that could make a difference. Just social, text, email, Youtube and web browsing. I average just under 8 hours active use time out of a 15 hour charge with just under 6 hours SOT so I'm extremely pleased with the battery life. Cell signal, not so much. The OP3 is a steady 10 dbm worse than my 6p when they're side by side. About the same with my other 2 Honor phones as well. So it underperforms in that area for me. It may not be that way for you depending on your area but in the same area, with them 2 phones side by side the OP3 is about 10 dbm worse. I never miss a call or text though, so that's good. It does affect my LTE speeds in my bedroom though. In my bedroom side by side my 6p will get an average of 15Mbps down, the OP3 gets an average of 9Mbps down. I still love the phone. It's a great device. Your results may be entirely different but either way I think you'll be happy with it.

16. Dusten_Barker
    Eclair Nov 10, 2016

Dusten_Barker , Nov 10, 2016 :
    My Moto X2 died prematurely a few weeks ago. I was hoping to squeeze another year out of that, but I was forced to get a new phone.

My wife has a OnePlus 3 and she liked it a lot. I played with it a little bit and decided to get one too. For me it was largely a value proposition. You get a lot of decent hardware for not a lot of money. I am so far very satisfied with the phone with the exception of it being slippery, and larger than I like.

If OnePlus comes out with another X model with smaller screen (please) I would purchase it immediately.

I like OxygenOS too. It's about right in between CyanogenMod and stock Android and he's so far been pretty stable for me. I am using the community build.

bpwest80 likes this.
  17. G_Andrew_Walters_IKyE
    Cupcake Nov 10, 2016

G_Andrew_Walters_IKyE , Nov 10, 2016 :
    My oneplus 3 is great, battery life is fine- dash charge is awesome. No lag whatsoever but I do use Nova launcher as I like the customisation. You're probably better to wait for the 3T coming out very soon as it's got the snapdragon 821chipset which is supposed to be 10% more energy efficient. The 3T will be a bit more expensive tho.

I've had no real issues with my 3 at all, so would recommend giving oneplus a try

bpwest80 likes this.
  18. ungeeked
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 10, 2016

ungeeked , Nov 10, 2016 :
    If you have had your s6 for >1 yr, probably the battery has gone bad. In that case you would be facing random shutdowns etc.

Otherwise there is no reason for such poor battery life or performance. You might want to factory reset your phone, check for any apps creating wakelocks or keeping the phone awake etc.

I'm not saying don't buy a new phone. But explore your options. Same goes for performance. Touchwiz seems to slow down after a month of usage. I'm not saying this out of my hate for TW but this has been well documented by XDA in their note 7's comparison with op3. But there is nothing that a factory reset cannot fix.

Coming to op3, if you remain on stock, you'll get about 4-6 hrs of SOT and ~1% idle drain with normal usage and proper setup

My current usage stats may help you get an idea
    SOT 3hrs 20min with 37% remaining
    Usage :
    - about 2.5 GB download over LTE
    - browsing ~ 1hr (wifi + LTE)
    - gaming ~ 20 mind
    - YouTube ~ 1hr (WiFi)
    - videos, emails, misc things

SimonRam likes this.
  19. anrunaiya
    Cupcake Nov 10, 2016

20. G_Christian_Palladino_FM
    Froyo Nov 10, 2016

I've had this phone since release a year and a half ago, and I do get random shutoffs