How have other people reacted to your OPO?

1. limebelly
    Donut Oct 1, 2014

2. (MUG3NHC)
    Jelly Bean Oct 1, 2014

3. MIYANO+
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 1, 2014

MIYANO+ , Oct 1, 2014 :
    this is the worst.
    they see my device and are like what is it! and then you spend 5 minutes explaining that you're not actually stupid and that oneplus IS the brand name (”yeah oneplus, but what IS the BRAND? is it samsung? iphone?") and then theyre like "oh so and why do YOU have it if its not for sale yet? you're not special, why do you already have it? ” and THEN theyre like "so what makes that phone so good then? what does your phone have that mine doesn't?"
    and you can explain all you want but they wouldn't understand cuz no techsavvy at all and then when you just easy it up and say oh it's got a great processor and clean os blahblah ("so what does that mean in practice?”) you have to go explain that and that's just too much effort so you just say "basically no lag and swift response even while running multiple and heavy programs" and theyre like "what do you need THAT for? thats only useful if you're like, a gamer or something (timewasting and useless)... do you do that? /condescending look)"

or when theyre like "oh but for that price its probably just a piece of junk"
    and whats even more awful is when after that entire conversation they end with "nah, i rather have my galaxy (some low end model from two years ago)"

.. that happened.

Garywehrle and angelicwaffles like this.
  4. Yaerox
    Gingerbread Oct 1, 2014

Yaerox , Oct 1, 2014 :
    I was talking about the OPO since two month nearly every day. When I told my mum, dad, and my brothers and my sister about it, intended that they hopeful know someone who got it, they were like what? No joking, some real quotes here:

Family:
    Me: "Do you know someone who got the OnePlus One?"
    "What?"
    Me: "Do you know someone who got the OnePlus One?" :D *trolling*
    "I got no idea what this is, but I know 1+1 is 2."

Friends:
    "What?"
    Me: "Do you know someone who got the OnePlus One?" :D *trolling*
    "Whats this?"
    Me: "A phone, I'd say the best phone actual."
    "Where can I see and buy this?"
    Me: o_O ...

"Yeah 2."
    Me: :rolleyes: "No I asked if you know someone who got the OnePlusOne. A phone."
    "One or two phones now? You don't want two iPhones right?"
    Me: o_O "No I just want one phone, and I want the OnePlus One and I'm looking for someone who got the phone already."
    "Dude I can't handle your special things man ... first your weird keyboard now this, I can't help you out dude."
    Me: "Okay." :D rofl

One was more like "nah watch the case etc. this phone has no quality. I'll stay on Galaxy S4/5, Alpha, or Note". When I showed him the OPO he was like, "as soon as you got your invite codes" ... "could you call me?" trololol :D

GF of a mate didn't saw the phone in reallife yet, she got her loved iPhone a year ago (iPhone 4) and she was like "hääääh OnePlus? Hmm ok." but I bet, as soon as I meet her, she is like saying bad things about it, till I show her 4k *in her face* :p:cool::D I'm a bit afraid too, imagine she won't give it back :eek:

The last person yet was my younger brother. He was joking about it like "Ohh, your china thingy whingy phone arrived?" Me: "Yeah finally, and its unbelieveable, just the most epic phone I've ever had or saw". He was first talking like this 1 more min when he finally touched it and got quite pretty fast. "That's slight. That's feels great. Dat display :eek: amazing." Me: "Watch the gallery, I did a few sample videos." - Note: I recorded our aquarium for like 2x 10 secs and 1x 27 secs in 4k (tested both versions). - He: "Did you recorded while holding the phone under water?" Me: "No :D." He: "Gimme a sec, lemme just put my phone on the net, and tell me as soon as you got an invite."

So basically everyone who saw the phone was looking o_O and talking about it like :confused:o_O but after seeing this in real everyone was willed to change whatever they actual use. I wasn't sure from the beginning too, if this is worth 300€, but I believed in OPO and now I'm still so happy that I can't stop looking at it and smiling.

dohling and angelicwaffles like this.
  5. keithnyc
    Marshmallow Moderator Oct 1, 2014

keithnyc , Oct 1, 2014 :
    If I get one again, I will pass on your name. Cheers mate.

vineethz likes this.
  6. angelicwaffles
    Honeycomb Oct 1, 2014

angelicwaffles , Oct 1, 2014 :
    I...I can feel your excitement, bro!!
    [​IMG]

latinaNla, dohling and Yaerox like this.
  7. Yaerox
    Gingerbread Oct 1, 2014

Yaerox , Oct 1, 2014 :
    Hey this is also how I was like when I was in school and I got the mail the OPO arrived :D

angelicwaffles likes this.
  8. sevillaleman
    Gingerbread Oct 1, 2014

sevillaleman , Oct 1, 2014 :
    No one seems to know about it LOL.....but once I show them and tell them how much it costs, then they are amazed

Garywehrle and angelicwaffles like this.
  9. morbid_theory
    Gingerbread Oct 1, 2014

morbid_theory , Oct 1, 2014 :
    my partner ordered a new iPhone the day i ordered my OPO, when i next saw her we both had new phones n she said my phone was huge

same as when i saw my ex wife n she was like WTF is that phone n started going on about its size as she started playing with her brand new iPhone

one brother said it was cool but wants a new iPhone

my other brother thought it was cool spec wise as he has a nexus 4 but said it would be too big for him

as for my mum, she keeps wanting to look at it n wants me to load sites up on it to see if she can read things better on it than her nexus 4

10. Jayzero
    Gingerbread Oct 1, 2014

Jayzero , Oct 1, 2014 :
    Know what you talking about.

11. kyrotech
    Froyo Oct 1, 2014

kyrotech , Oct 1, 2014 :
    everytime someone sees me with my OPO, they always ask what is that phone.
    they always say "never heard of it" then I tell them that it is upon invite only that someone can purchase it, that's when they freak out even more...
    Once they have the OPO in their hands, thats when they fall in love with it...the feel, the weight and the speed.
    They all want one.
    I think the OPO is one sexy phone. Unfortunately I can't replace it at the moment, I use it as my weekend phone.

12. angelicwaffles
    Honeycomb Oct 1, 2014

kyrotech likes this.
  13. Jayzero
    Gingerbread Oct 1, 2014

Jayzero , Oct 1, 2014 :
    The most people even in stores don't know the phone. But I always have to explain what it is and most of them say ok and thinking about the iPhone....

14. angelicwaffles
    Honeycomb Oct 1, 2014

angelicwaffles , Oct 1, 2014 :
    How come you wanna replace it? :/

15. Wah007
    Jelly Bean Oct 1, 2014

Wah007 , Oct 1, 2014 :
    They laughed and said that I have a Chinese phone, so I took the back cover off their phone and showed them the 'made in China' label. End of matter.

16. annika18
    Froyo Oct 1, 2014

annika18 , Oct 1, 2014 :
    First everybody asks witch phone that is, than the most people say it's big and than everyone loves it and is jalous

17. kyrotech
    Froyo Oct 1, 2014

kyrotech , Oct 1, 2014 :
    sorry I meant I can't replace my Note3 at the moment
    I use my Note3 like a pad because of the stylus, until OPO comes out with I stylus, I can't replace my Note3

18. tanmayil
    Gingerbread Oct 1, 2014

tanmayil , Oct 1, 2014 :
    Hey what phone is tat? :eek:
    One plus one
    Huh what? Samsung?
    No.
    Nokia? Apple?
    Hmm.. No its a China...
    Oh ok ok chuck!

That's how it goes everytime! :p

19. JvZeijst
    Honeycomb Oct 1, 2014

JvZeijst , Oct 1, 2014 :
    well to be honest quite mixxed results, Apple isheeps most of them "349,- piece of plastic scrap"
    i was called retarded for such purchase!:D

some friends really enthusiastic seeing the one in person! loved the phone specs, textured backcover, and above all the very good price, but also a lot stated they thought it was lacking personality like other flagships such as htc, sony owners. i kinda agree on it! i love the phones specs sheet and that storage really is nice, allthough i dont use it al it doesnt harm its there! BUt mainly i want a rather good performing phone that doesnt cost me a fortune! The opo does a great job at it!

But if i am presented another flagship like at the moment a xperia z2 arounf the same price im not sure i wouldnt want to trade in the opo for it.!

bacily my main issue at the moment is the less refined still a little occasionally buggy CM11, and i found a sealed xperia z2 for the same price, which im not certain to keep my opo or not..my in law is looking for a upgrade so either the opo or the z2 goes to him but he has no preference at all!o_Oo_Oo_O

20. laloman18
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 1, 2014

laloman18 , Oct 1, 2014 :
    They say "what phone is that?" and I say "it's a One of a kind phone and I'm the only one who has it.... Now be gone Children of the Corn!"....