How long did your bootloader unlock token take?

1. Goodeye
    Cupcake Dec 31, 2018

Goodeye , Dec 31, 2018 :
    So I got my sim unlocked from T-Mobile yesterday and got my bootloader unlock key from adb and sent it to through OnePlus's form. I know it says 1-2 weeks just curious how long it took for others to get the key.

I1576829951798 and meatandy like this.
  2. Dad0507
    Froyo Jan 1, 2019

meatandy likes this.
  3. PhotoLarry
    Eclair May 23, 2019

PhotoLarry , May 23, 2019 :
    mine won't accept IMEI on form. after confirmation... says enter valid IMEI which it is.

4. AlphaGeek
    Cupcake Mar 27, 2021

AlphaGeek , Mar 27, 2021 :
    Why the $%^&* does this take any actual time at all? HTC does this automatically in about 20 seconds. This is my first OnePlus device. I have had all HTC since 2009. I don't get it. What are we actually waiting for? What is it, exactly, that takes more than maybe a minute at most? How is it possible that OnePlus can make state of the art technology that runs circles around other devices, but can't produce a bootloader unlock token in less than a minute?

5. Brncgreen
    Cupcake May 27, 2021

Brncgreen , May 27, 2021 :
    Yeah, honestly this is a huge draw back. Almost to the point of taking a pass on another OnePlus device. In my eyes the only real thing that sets phones apart from one another aside from hardware is the ability and ease of obtaining root/customization.

6. Artemus.
    Community Hero 2020 Jun 21, 2021

Artemus. , Jun 21, 2021 :
    T-Mobile, that's why. Don't want to deal with all the hoops? Buy a factory unlocked phone, not a carrier-branded one.

Shailender Sharma likes this.
  7. UncleCupCake
    Gingerbread Jun 29, 2021

8. GamingDoggo_
    Jelly Bean Jun 29, 2021

9. AlphaGeek
    Cupcake Jul 16, 2021

AlphaGeek , Jul 16, 2021 :
    I think I have to have T-Mobile devices to use with Ting so that it covers all the T-Mobile bands? Not sure if just any GSM device would work as well?

That said, why would T-mobile care at all about OnePlus any more than any other brand? HTC (once again) does this essentially instantly. I can't see as how a carrier who lets you easily network unlock the device would care one way or another about unlocking the bootloader.. and how does making you wait needlessly benefit anyone, especially T-mobile? Until I get the bootloader unlocked, I'm not using or paying for any of their services. The device literally sits in a drawer while I'm waiting.

If I can use a factory unlocked GSM device with Ting, I'll be using T-mobile's services anyway and they won't get whatever advantage (?? what is that, exactly?) they would otherwise get from having me wait for the bootloader unlock code. There seems to be no technical reason for this, and no discernible pecuniary reason for it either. For me, it remains a mystery.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2021