How many days remaining for marshmallow in one plus x

1. Rosh+1
    Cupcake Jun 2, 2016

Rosh+1 , Jun 2, 2016 :
    I don't think that Oneplus would focus on two models back… OP3 is besing launched soon and maybe OPX gets some intermediate updates but I think It won't be a L or N

2. Spypredator
    Cupcake Jun 2, 2016

Spypredator , Jun 2, 2016 :
    We are in June now and still no sign of android marshmallow for oneplus X!
    It's a shame that the last oneplus phone doesn't get android M while the two previous one get the update.

This doesn't make me want to buy another oneplus if oneplus doesn't pay attention to all of his phones the same way.

:mad::mad::mad:

redfo1 likes this.
  3. ScareYa
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 2, 2016

ScareYa , Jun 2, 2016 :
    OnePlus is busy with the OnePlus 3. Time and money needs obviously to be spent for VR googles and fancy marketing events. There is none left for customers of yesterday's low cost device. Forget OxygenOS! OnePlus greatly underestimated the effort to maintain their own Android version. They would be well advised to reconsider a business relationship with Cyanogen. With every new device being pushed into the market the problems will grow and the support for already existing devices will get more and more unlikely.

I personally don't expect a Marshmallow update for the X anytime soon. If you really want to update your device I strongly suggest to rely on other sources. OnePlus knows how to assemble available hardware into a decent package. But that's about it. I really don't like to say that and I was defending OnePlus for a very long time but "never" is the important part of "Never Settle" when it comes to timely updates or keeping promises or keeping customers informed...

Saurabh40629 likes this.
  4. Emines007

5. geko95gek

6. pommepatate4
    Cupcake Jun 2, 2016

pommepatate4 , Jun 2, 2016 :
    I don't care that much for the MM update because I don't think there's a big difference... Doze works only at night (when my phone is charging anyway) and custom authorization for apps is already in OOS (I don't use it anyway...). Now on Tap would be great though. What would be very nice is an Android N update (when it's final and stable and everything) but I know this has like no chance of happening.

7. stephenboyo
    KitKat Jun 2, 2016

stephenboyo , Jun 2, 2016 :
    Just download CM13 for OPX and you will enjoy you your Marshmallow on OPX without having to wait for OPS version and it is far better than Oxygen. Otherwise current Oxygen Lollipop isn't bad either. There won't be that much difference between Oxygen lollipop and M to be honest

8. redfo1
    Gingerbread Jun 2, 2016

redfo1 , Jun 2, 2016 :
    And then they will be busy with the OP4, and fixing the massive amount of initial bigs on the OP3, etc

Except that... it's not that low-cost, it's mid-range. I picked an OP because I assumed that with only 3 phones (with fairly similar hardware) to maintain they'd manage to provide software updates properly. If it turns out the only way to obtain software updates is to change phone every year, then I'll go for real low-cost. As in 100-150€ phones, not 300.

9. Ezrachandra
    Eclair Jun 3, 2016

Ezrachandra , Jun 3, 2016 :
    Am I the only one who's currently satisfied with OOS and dont want to upgrade to Android M? I think OOS is perfect for this phone and I dont like the Marshmallow Menu look.

10. vinz_uk80
    Gingerbread Jun 3, 2016

vinz_uk80 , Jun 3, 2016 :
    No, I'm also very pleased with OOS 2.2.1 when rooted with blu_spark kernel, the battery life is great, the performance is also perfect for my usage (no games), and I really don't have bugs to report.
    Only sometimes the phone vibrates while calling, this is the only very minor issue that I face.
    BT is working great with many different cars, with many different products, wifi also.

And I don't think Marshmallow will increase the battery life that much, I already tested MM on my old Galaxy S4, and the improvement was not stellar at all, maximum 20min SOT more.

11. FaleshC
    KitKat Jun 3, 2016

FaleshC , Jun 3, 2016 :
    Well you always have option not to upgrade. but for rest of the users its not about only menu look and battery life.

12. sunny33438
    Froyo Jun 4, 2016

sunny33438 , Jun 4, 2016 :
    LMAO :D:p:tongueclosed::tongueclosed::tongueclosed::tongueclosed::tongueclosed:

stephenboyo likes this.
  13. fdroko
    Jelly Bean Jun 4, 2016

fdroko , Jun 4, 2016 :
    not really, you have to see how the performance of oxygen os in the snap 801:rolleyes:

sunny33438 likes this.
  14. Dchrono
    Honeycomb Jun 4, 2016

Dchrono , Jun 4, 2016 :
    Well if they release MM today I wont install it out of spite! Boycott

Seriously though they said on Twitter that its on the way any day now.

guisbro likes this.
  15. Crazycops
    Froyo Jun 4, 2016

Crazycops , Jun 4, 2016 :
    Link to source?

16. Dchrono
    Honeycomb Jun 4, 2016

redfo1 and veikkoraty like this.
  17. pwseo
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 4, 2016

redfo1 likes this.
  18. pwseo
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 4, 2016

pwseo , Jun 4, 2016 :
    @Adam Krisko: as a community admin, what's your take on the constant "Stay tuned" responses we've been getting? Shouldn't we at least be told something useful? We've been waiting for 6 months now without any answer from OnePlus (being ignored, basically). Does that even sound right?

19. ImreK0
    Honeycomb Jun 4, 2016

ImreK0 , Jun 4, 2016 :
    Guys, just install CM 13! I did the process today and I really like it so far. A ton of options and customisation and as a bonus I did install sultans custom camera HAL and I can finally record in lowlight and I can record in 4K. It's a shame to OnePlus that one person did fix the camera while they are incompetent since the launch.

veikkoraty likes this.
  20. FaleshC
    KitKat Jun 5, 2016

FaleshC , Jun 5, 2016 :
    Thanks for suggestion.
    But i think its not the solution to everyting and NOT everyone wants CM13 on their phone. Please stop suggesting the same, everyone.

redfo1 likes this.