How many people out here still have a OnePlus one

1. mopsert Jelly Bean Jul 17, 2018

mopsert, Jul 17, 2018 :
    On exactly this day four years ago I received the invite for a OnePlus One! Barely a week later I held it in my hands and guess what, it currently is my daily driver! :D

I have been using every OnePlus model in the past four years and some of OP's competitors.

When I read LineageOS 15.1 based on Android Oreo 8.1 is available for the OPO, I installed it two weeks ago and have been using the OPO eversince. Just yesterday I installed Substratum and played around with some themes.

This phone is still running like on day one! I even get decent battery life with LOS 15.1. Around 2 days of standby with something around 3 hours of SOT. Last weekend I was completely on WiFi and had 2 days 19 hours of standby with 4,5 hours of SOT. Bear in mind, the phone is still on its original battery.

Let's see, when I will get tired of using a phone without face ID or fingerprint scanner! ;)

Anubis 33, sobka and Tobikage like this.
  2. sosad Cupcake Jul 18, 2018

3. Lemonstrator Cupcake Jul 18, 2018

Lemonstrator, Jul 18, 2018 :
    I've got mine still! I got two good years of use out of it before I got the 5t. Idk what to use old devices for...

4. NoSpawnn Froyo Aug 23, 2018

NoSpawnn, Aug 23, 2018 :
    I got a 5T for Christmas this year and I've been exploring all the products OnePlus offers, the phones, headphones, bags, etc. I've come to love the brand and I would've liked to join them earlier in their journey since the OnePlus One! Though since it's too late for that now, I thought I'd ask this awesome community how early they decided to tag along. So just leave your comments about which OnePlus phone was the first and your thoughts about it!

My first was the 5T though I was considering the 3T because of price, but I don't think I would've been disappointed with either option, for a start the specs are great even by today's standards. It's also a good looking phone (I like gun metal the most) but I'm still glad I chose the 5T. Beastly specs, beautiful and thin design, bright and vibrant screen. I love it!

Now it's your guys' turn!

TibiTibi likes this.
  5. Frank Gaubeca Donut Aug 23, 2018

Frank Gaubeca, Aug 23, 2018 :
    Actually I still have my OnePlus One. it's been four years already. great phone!!! It is so good that I decided to stay with OnePlus and I own a OnePlus 6 now.
    I remember it was a huge deal when it was released. it was invitation only. the best phone I've ever had.

NoSpawnn likes this.
  6. NoSpawnn Froyo Aug 23, 2018

NoSpawnn, Aug 23, 2018 :
    oh cool! what sort of condition is the one in? And I was considering upgrading to a 6, but I decided against it since I haven't had my 5T for that long.

7. Frank Gaubeca Donut Aug 23, 2018

Frank Gaubeca, Aug 23, 2018 :
    and now they are releasing the 6t....
    OnePlus One: as the first day.. (I haven't used it since I moved to OnePlus 6 and now when I turned it on it has 99% battery, it's been a few months now)
    1535047605328.jpg

TibiTibi and NoSpawnn like this.
  8. Toddmkeene Froyo Aug 23, 2018

Toddmkeene, Aug 23, 2018 :
    My first was the OnePlus 1, still have it, loved it for what it was a true flagship killer, and that Sandstone back was the bomb, got the OP6 and won a Sandstone case in a contest, gotta love 1+.

TibiTibi and NoSpawnn like this.
  9. NoSpawnn Froyo Aug 23, 2018

NoSpawnn, Aug 23, 2018 :
    Yeah, most 1+ phones have been real flagship killers, possibly missing out the X, but I haven't really done much research on that one so I'm not sure. And yep, you really gotta love 'em. A great brand with a great community.

10. TibiTibi Lollipop Aug 23, 2018

NoSpawnn likes this.
  11. NoSpawnn Froyo Aug 23, 2018

NoSpawnn, Aug 23, 2018 :
    oh wow! That's cool, does it still work as well as it should?

TibiTibi likes this.
  12. TibiTibi Lollipop Aug 23, 2018

TibiTibi, Aug 23, 2018 :
    Daily charging, running on oreo, sometimes freezing app.
    But still ok and capable.

13. Slatter191 Lollipop Aug 23, 2018

Slatter191, Aug 23, 2018 :
    I still use OPO as my daily driver, none issues/complaints....but now today ordered Xiaomi Poco 8/256 black color.

TibiTibi likes this.
  14. Toddmkeene Froyo Aug 23, 2018

Toddmkeene, Aug 23, 2018 :
    I almost got the x but it was missing a few bands my network here in the US used so it wouldn't of worked very well, but I thought it was a beautiful phone especially the white.

15. ralxtew Gingerbread Aug 24, 2018

ralxtew, Aug 24, 2018 :
    i still got mine, i prize it after the mess with the invite system. it didn't exactly age like a fine wine, especially the camera, but i might throw in LineageOS for kicks and giggles

16. Horsault Lollipop Moderator Aug 24, 2018

Horsault, Aug 24, 2018 :
    Merged to existing thread
    Thanks for checking existing threads before opening useless redundant one.

17. G_Vivek_G_CGqI Cupcake Sep 15, 2018

18. Anubis 33 Jelly Bean Oct 4, 2018

Anubis 33, Oct 4, 2018 :
    Very warm and touching story
    about your OP1. It's good some
    people are still OP1 enthusiast.
    Coming from a 5T/OP6 user.

mopsert likes this.
  19. vitadr Cupcake Oct 11, 2018

vitadr, Oct 11, 2018 :
    I still have mine, but I can not find flip cover case to buy anywhere. I had original white flip case, but it looks bad now.. if you know who still sells it, please suggest :)

20. Hystrix Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 12, 2018

Hystrix, Oct 12, 2018 :
    I still use my Opo as only phone since june 2014. Battery lasts 24 hours, now i’m using it with Android Pie and it works well

OneplusOG likes this.