Gingerbread Mar 8, 2015

antigenone , Mar 8, 2015 :
    Hi,

I have read about:

- yellow screen
    - ghost touch screen
    - some problem with sim slot
    - some general unreliable

Actually what are the % of this problem on the new stock?

There are a lot of risk to get a faulty item?

2. dncmike
    Eclair Mar 8, 2015

dncmike , Mar 8, 2015 :
    i read is safest phone on market whith hammer power on specs ..... nothink smartphone is 100% safe also not in smartphones only so.....go on buy it

3. csvan
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 8, 2015

csvan , Mar 8, 2015 :
    For people ordering today, the hardware issues are increasingly rare, and the chance that you will run into them are very very small.

As far as unreliability goes, you are talking software. There will always be bugs, but the stock Cyanogenmod is very stable, and (IMO) CM12 nightlies are even more stable, if you are willing to flash.

4. zulf91
    Jelly Bean Mar 8, 2015

vlinder66 likes this.
  5. Rubensijperda
    Eclair Mar 8, 2015

Rubensijperda , Mar 8, 2015 :
    hello, I own a oneplus one for myself no for a month and i haven't got any of these issues. there is also since end of january a new batch of oneplus ones and those seem to be more relyable. sorry for my bad english :p if you have any more questions feel free to DM me

6. don-doe
    KitKat Mar 8, 2015

don-doe , Mar 8, 2015 :
    I don't think that the ratio of faulty devices is too high. But of course we don't have any official numbers on that. However if you have a faulty device it can be a real pain to deal with support, if only half of the threads on that are true. But you can always file a PayPal dispute within the first 45 days. So after all I don't think that there is much of a risk.

rayturner and Jael Pendragon like this.
  7. antigenone
    Gingerbread Mar 8, 2015

antigenone , Mar 8, 2015 :
    I'm a little scared to loss 300 dollar... I know that I can find a faulty item in every producers. But I read a lot of problem on OPO and I'm asking if actually the quality control is very reliable.

8. vakamahorika
    Froyo Mar 8, 2015

vakamahorika , Mar 8, 2015 :
    Many many risk my friend... many many risk. 50% of getting a faulty phone - either you do, or you don't. No way to tell till you open the box. Maybe they should call this Schrodinger Plus One...

Jokes aside, probably not that high a %, most people whose phones have no problem will keep silent - it's always those with problems that will post, making it look like a lot.

rayturner, don-doe and Jael Pendragon like this.
  9. Jael Pendragon
    KitKat Mar 8, 2015

Jael Pendragon , Mar 8, 2015 :
    Only OP knows the percentages, here you have a biased picture because those with faulty devices will post about their troubles while those with working ones won't post that everything is fine, generally speaking.

The"yellow screen" is a light bleed at the very bottom of the screen, nothing major and it can be fixed by software. For the rest, if you get a lemon just rma it, mine is perfectly fine

rayturner and don-doe like this.
  10. veratoloz2005
    Lollipop Mar 8, 2015

rayturner likes this.
  11. Cassius2k
    Eclair Mar 8, 2015

rayturner and Rubensijperda like this.
  12. Rubensijperda
    Eclair Mar 8, 2015

I think that you firstly shouldnt be scared to lose 300 dollars, I know 300 dollars is a lot of money but if you get a faulty phone you can send it back and oneplus will send you a new one.

rayturner likes this.
  13. Jael Pendragon
    KitKat Mar 8, 2015

Jael Pendragon , Mar 8, 2015 :
    You are covered by PayPal for the first 45 days

14. Kochens
    Honeycomb Mar 8, 2015

Kochens , Mar 8, 2015 :
    Most of the faulty devices are software related, and not hardware. It is an awesome phone.

15. Rubensijperda
    Eclair Mar 8, 2015

100 days I think

16. amankumar2508007
    Honeycomb Mar 8, 2015

17. Slyther1

Slyther1 , Mar 8, 2015 :
    The fact that this quote even has a time-stamp on it is nothing other than creepy...

@thread: Go for it, you're either getting one of the best phones on the market, or you're getting a terrible headache with customer support followed by one of the best phones on the market.

rayturner likes this.
  18. Jael Pendragon
    KitKat Mar 8, 2015

19. GigabitEthernet

ItsBrock likes this.
  20. Aosky
    Gingerbread Mar 8, 2015