Rajesh Kumar C P likes this.
  2. Serbian Overlord
    KitKat Nov 7, 2017

Serbian Overlord , Nov 7, 2017 :
    Sure bud.

3. youbi
    Assistant Head Moderator Assistant Head Moderator Nov 7, 2017

youbi , Nov 7, 2017 :
    You must really have an amazing crystal ball... ;)

Maybe from an actual source and not just by looking to his crystal ball... :p

I will leave it here... ;)

4. derLenno
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Nov 7, 2017

derLenno , Nov 7, 2017 :
    Official Google store...

5. G_Roshan_Parmar_uhmK
    Gingerbread Nov 7, 2017

6. Z1510078505370
    Cupcake Nov 7, 2017

7. F_Tomasz_Zakościelny_zv
    Honeycomb Nov 7, 2017

F_Tomasz_Zakościelny_zv , Nov 7, 2017 :
    But pixel 2 is actually super mega hiper (and any other similiar words) shit in terms of quality

Budruel likes this.
  8. Scofield+Two
    Gingerbread Nov 7, 2017

Scofield+Two , Nov 7, 2017 :
    You can always download custom roms. But the phone receives official software updates just about one year.

9. waldwolf
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 7, 2017

waldwolf , Nov 7, 2017 :
    Recently, Google (in writing) stated their new Pixel2 line will get "3 future Android Updates PLUS unlimited "Security Updates".

Hopefully Google will require all phone manufacturers who must submit their "Android OS" changes to Google for approval will also have to disclose their company's Android and Security Patch update policy.

IMHO, that update policy on the OS should be a MINIMUM of 3 years with UNLIMITED Security updates.

Deactivated User likes this.
  10. florincostescu
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 9, 2017

florincostescu , Nov 9, 2017 :
    The device support will probably stop at the EOL of your battery, 2 years average.

The phone will end in the trash bin anyway, so no worries for the software developers.

11. TigerTJJ
    Honeycomb Nov 9, 2017

TigerTJJ , Nov 9, 2017 :
    Still waiting on Oreo here, it's still in beta.

G_plusone likes this.
  12. 36dbldz
    Honeycomb Nov 9, 2017

36dbldz , Nov 9, 2017 :
    Just buy non T version. You be happier when it comes out in June. If you buy in November (T) a few months later the new SoC comes out. June your phone will have all the current newer specs longer than getting it in November.

13. D.o.E
    Gingerbread Nov 10, 2017

inkaine likes this.
  14. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Nov 10, 2017

ghostofcain , Nov 10, 2017 :
    OnePlus stated that OREO will be the last version update, not that updates will stop then. I've used flagship phones from Samsung & HTC that have failed to receive two major Android updates, as you say it's amazing what OEMs can get away with.

Damonp87, waldwolf and youbi like this.
  15. waldwolf
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 10, 2017

waldwolf , Nov 10, 2017 :
    As you may or may not be aware, Google has stated (in writing) their new line of Pixel2 phones (which come with Android O), will receive a MINIMUM of 3 future Android OS updates. (That will include Android P, Q and R.)

IMO Google should require, as part of their Android licensing, all OEM's provide updates for all their Android devices, for a minimum of 3 future versions.

I'd suggest any members who agree with the above, post or email Google asking them to add a minimum of 3 Android annual updates, as part of their licensing program.

Serbian Overlord likes this.
  16. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Nov 10, 2017

ghostofcain , Nov 10, 2017 :
    Personally I think 3 additional updates is pushing the boundaries, that would potentially preclude Google from upping the hardware requirements more often than that. As I said before many oems struggle to provide two major updates and providing 3 would potentially have quite a financial impact, remember users often replace their phones to get the latest Android iteration.

17. sechinov
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 10, 2017

18. marcusskyfall
    Jelly Bean Nov 10, 2017

marcusskyfall , Nov 10, 2017 :
    It doesn't matter because after you've had it for a while you can root it and the world will be your oyster :)

19. waldwolf
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 11, 2017

waldwolf , Nov 11, 2017 :
    Doesn't seem to have had a negative financial impact on Apple.
    They have a 5 additional update policy on their iPhones.

20. ghostofcain
    Marshmallow Nov 12, 2017

ghostofcain , Nov 12, 2017 :
    I wasn't aware that was actual policy,. Anyhow Apple have profit margins no android manufacturer can even dream of and customers who would buy an apple branded turd so I don't think its a fair comparison.

iPhone 5 only got 4 (6-10), even Apple breaking their own policies.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017