How much more longer do I have to wait for rcs support??? via OnePlus 7 Pro

1. Tasperen
    Cupcake Oct 15, 2019

Tasperen , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Oct 15, 2019 :
    I've called both OnePlus and my carrier. The problem surely isn't my carrier because it clearly says that it's not supported in my device yet I've seen several testimonies of people claiming to have it on their op7pro. I called OnePlus and they told me that it's still being tested?? it's been how many months and it's still being tested??? I'm tired of waiting, this is getting annoying
    1571108494450.jpg

klas82 likes this.
  2. AbandonedTrolley
    Jelly Bean Oct 15, 2019

AbandonedTrolley , Oct 15, 2019 :
    Yep all working fine here in the UK with o2

I'd suggest it's probably a combination of Google/OnePlus and your carrier. I certainly wouldn't place all the blame on OnePlus given that it's not their application.

1571124584748.png

otto2 likes this.
  3. Tasperen
    Cupcake Oct 16, 2019

4. klas82
    Froyo Oct 18, 2019

5. KeepTransisting
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Oct 18, 2019

otto2 likes this.
  6. klas82
    Froyo Oct 23, 2019

klas82 , via OnePlus 6T , Oct 23, 2019 :
    hey any news if the OP got his RCS working? are you in the US or here in either Uk or France.

had mine completely vanish like over a week ago and wouldn't come back. now I've got to have my second SIM deactivated or taken out to keep it on my 6t. my wife's one keeps deactivating (OnePlus 5) like daily. and my brother that's using a Xiaomi, his will only last like a few hours before just going away again. I'm kind of losing patients with it little by little. I set up a group chat but as soon as someone losing their RCS that group become useless because not all members get messages anymore and they can't send either.

am I the only one experiencing this?

7. pgrey
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 23, 2019

pgrey , Oct 23, 2019 :
    AND the carriers, particularly if you live in the US...
    The Google RCS VP has a statement out there, about how the "US Carriers basically don't even want to talk", more-or-less that (it's in an article on AA, I believe).
    Frustrating, and ridiculous, that about sums-it-up...

Tasperen likes this.
  8. Tasperen
    Cupcake Oct 23, 2019

Tasperen , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Oct 23, 2019 :
    Nope still not working. I haven't experienced that either. try contacting then and see what they say.

9. Tasperen
    Cupcake Oct 23, 2019

Tasperen , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Oct 23, 2019 :
    Quick update, I checked this morning it had the options to enable wifi chat features. I clicked on it, it said it's going to take a while to enable or something along those lines. A couple of seconds after, I went to check to make sure and the options were gone and it went back to showing "This device does not support this feature"

10. blaster219
    Eclair Oct 23, 2019

blaster219 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Oct 23, 2019 :
    On my phone (on Tesco Mobile in the UK) I could enable RCS for a day or two before it would disable itself.

About a month, I used an ADB command via my Chromebook to enable native call recording. At the same time, RCS finally seems to stay enabled. Not sure if the two are linked.

11. pgrey
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 23, 2019

pgrey , Oct 23, 2019 :
    Both of these are due to what's called "carrier white-listing", usually due to a thing called a "SIM-swap", which you can use to *sometimes* make these features work.
    For example things like WiFi call/text (non-RCS version, proprietary), and some other "so-called advanced features" are also blocked by my previous carrier, in the US, on non-carrier-branded devices (like my OP7 Pro)...

@Tasperen You're lucky. Some carriers will allow an "unblock mechanism" such as the aforementioned SIM-swap, to go on pretty much "indefinitely".
    Others, withing a few minutes (at most), immediately disable all these features, and you're back to "square one".