HOW SAFE IS IT TO BUY AN INVITE ON ANOTHER MEMBER ACCOUNT

1. WillMcC
    Honeycomb Sep 6, 2015

WillMcC , Sep 6, 2015 :
    Then be a hero! We could all sit back and enjoy the fire as OnePlus burns him at stake.

You would see less of this if people turned in the scalpers. For me it just comes down to being part of the problem or standing up against it.

I'm no fan of how OnePlus is doing this. I'm skipping the OP2 myself but hope OnePlus gets better as they grow.

apelann likes this.
  2. Acketom
    Honeycomb Sep 6, 2015

3. HerrN87
    Honeycomb Sep 6, 2015

HerrN87 , Sep 6, 2015 :
    Then you have your answer. Why would they refuse if they weren't up to no good.

apelann likes this.
  4. jsims19pe
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 6, 2015

jsims19pe , Sep 6, 2015 :
    Also think I saw a post if you have issues with the phone then you have to go through there account to RMA which would be a pain.

5. PoPkiss
    Honeycomb Sep 6, 2015

PoPkiss , Sep 6, 2015 :
    No problem at all, just have the account for a day. Then you are good.

6. urnotalone
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 6, 2015

7. Tufftitty
    Gingerbread Sep 6, 2015

Tufftitty , Sep 6, 2015 :
    i like the caps.

8. Tufftitty
    Gingerbread Sep 6, 2015

Tufftitty , Sep 6, 2015 :
    if i were you would not trust it either.

9. WGA
    Gingerbread Sep 6, 2015

10. Ceasedd
    Marshmallow Sep 6, 2015

Ceasedd , Sep 6, 2015 :
    Don't buy an invite.First red flag(invite sellers)

Kapitan Nemo likes this.
  11. apelann
    Jelly Bean Sep 6, 2015

apelann , Sep 6, 2015 :
    i got account information with real invite , only they did not want to change the email

Ceasedd likes this.
  12. Ceasedd
    Marshmallow Sep 6, 2015

Ceasedd , Sep 6, 2015 :
    Shady.....they can switch it to someone else.What's the user's forum name?;)

13. apelann
    Jelly Bean Sep 6, 2015

apelann , Sep 6, 2015 :
    i never snitch sorry

Ceasedd likes this.
  14. Ceasedd
    Marshmallow Sep 6, 2015

Ceasedd , Sep 6, 2015 :
    Good you're, street wise.You should be safe in making the right decision.

15. stuie bedubbie
    Gingerbread Sep 6, 2015

stuie bedubbie , Sep 6, 2015 :
    the sad thing is I got my invite already, an I couldn't give it away to someone wanting it , as the invires are tied to the user account as you know.. Not enough time to set up some safe way of sharing in the short time of invite
    I would have loved to get the opt, if for nothing but style and build quality . I think op have nailed that part.
    as for me, in Australia, with current drop in Aussie dollar value the phone (64gb) would have cost me $AU560, PLUS what bin did last year with opo, use an FPO service from the states , the $50 it cost then will now be more like $AU 70, leaving the opt at around $AU630 delivered to my door.

consider the nexus6 bought direct from Google and delivered within Australia in about three days for pretty much the same price,. Not that im buying that either. Im not ready to pay that money for a phone right now . The beauty and appeal of the opo was getting a well specd well made smartphone at a reasonable cost ..... The opo certainly did that last year when $AU was around parity.
    avail of warranty in non supported country is dubious too. And opo has lost its best quality, the price. There are now several very high end phones competing at this pricepoint in Australian dollars, with full regional support. And quite a few comparable phones going cheaper if bought from online stores sourcing from several quality Chinese phonemakers.
    so there you have it, the opt, 2nd gen global ? flagship blah blah bluh is less available globally than the elusive opo was.
    I really don't know what to make of all this, and the Oneplus Co. except that luckily I have an excellent opo that has suffered absolutely zilch of any problem reported or otherwise, so im pretty happy to keep it running for another 6 months/year or till the cash cow comes home again.
    (as long as the micro USB charge port doesn't cark it. The only part showing some wear and vulnerability after 18 months of often rough use.)

Thank you OP for the early invite, wish I could have used it, or forwarded it to some deserving member, now its time to move on.

16. abheshek02
    Gingerbread Sep 6, 2015

abheshek02 , Sep 6, 2015 :
    If he/she is you're friend or you can trust that particular member then only !

17. apelann
    Jelly Bean Sep 6, 2015

apelann , Sep 6, 2015 :
    the problem is i got them from total strangers

18. abheshek02
    Gingerbread Sep 6, 2015

abheshek02 , Sep 6, 2015 :
    Thn in my opinion you should wait and you're member since 2014 you'll get the invite very soon.

19. Thymo Hurkmans
    Gingerbread Sep 6, 2015

Thymo Hurkmans , Sep 6, 2015 :
    I highly recommend you to not take the risk of losing $400. Imagine how much you have to work for that..

apelann likes this.
  20. apelann
    Jelly Bean Sep 6, 2015

apelann , Sep 6, 2015 :
    in europe it is 419 euro