How to Add more Tiles to the Quick Settings Header (No Root)

1. G_EVR
    Honeycomb May 29, 2017

G_EVR , May 29, 2017 :
    Hey guys!

The fine folks over at XDA found a way to add additional Quick Setting tiles to the header (the single row of Quick Settings tiles that shows up under the time and date when you pull down the notification shade) of any Android running close to stock AOSP software and this method does not require root, only the use of a simple ADB command.

Here is the link for those interested:
    https://www.xda-developers.com/add-...gs-header-google-oneplus-sony-phones-no-root/

This is not my article or mod. I have not seen it posted in these forums yet so I'm just pointing it out to you guys in case you prefer the stock AOSP look that has 6 QS tiles instead of the 5 that OxygenOS has currently.

All credits should go to the respective developer over at XDA: XDA Senior Member paphonb; and to Mishaal Rahman for posting the article.

I tried it on my OnePlus 3T running OB7 and it works flawlessly.

Hope this is useful to you!

palc and mattam24 like this.
  2. whodatboiyo
    Gingerbread May 29, 2017

whodatboiyo , May 29, 2017 :
    As we all know the AOSP and pure stock roms on Pixel/Nexus devices use 6 QS toggles in their Header but OnePlus implemented 5 toggles. Although it's a small difference but can be big for many. To fix this I bring you the tweak which will allow you to customise the number of quick setting toggles which show up in the Header WITHOUT ROOT (!!!).

First of all ensure that your device is connected to the PC via ADB and then type the following to verify the connection:

adb devices

If a device ID shows uo type the following code in Terminal to tweak the QS toggles

adb shell settings put secure sysui_qqs_count X

Replace X with the number you want to have (default is 5). And done, you now have the ability to customise how many toggles show up in the Header!

Below is the screenshot of my setting with 6 toggles:

1496078411025.jpg
    Source: XDA Developers and paphonb (Developer who found this tweak, Thanks!)

3. SivaMaxwell
    Gingerbread May 29, 2017

4. noquarter
    French POC Assistant Head Moderator May 30, 2017

noquarter , May 30, 2017 :
    Merged with existing thread

5. Deactivated User
    May 30, 2017

6. VincentJoshuaET
    Froyo May 31, 2017

info2shail2010 likes this.
  7. jizang
    Lollipop May 31, 2017

Sun90 likes this.
  8. noquarter
    French POC Assistant Head Moderator May 31, 2017

9. ashacekar
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 31, 2017

10. G_EVR
    Honeycomb May 31, 2017

G_EVR , May 31, 2017 :
    Sure it does.

Attached Files:

11. ashacekar
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 1, 2017

ashacekar , Jun 1, 2017 :
    It gives error:unknown host operation after saying daemon was sucessfull. When i give command adb devices, my device number and active occurs but after the above comand nothing happens.Wait i will give u a screeenshot.

12. ashacekar

ashacekar , Jun 1, 2017 :
    Can u help me if i have done something wrong?

13. ashacekar

14. ashacekar

15. G_EVR
    Honeycomb Jun 1, 2017

G_EVR , Jun 1, 2017 :
    I honestly don't know the max since I think 6 is plenty but you can try to add more if you wish. As you can see, with 9 it already looks too crowded for my tastes. Glad it worked for you, though!

ashacekar likes this.
  16. shivamgoel08
    Donut Aug 8, 2017

shivamgoel08 , Aug 8, 2017 :
    Nice Tweak!
    Quick question though, can I update the device's software without any hiccup whatsoever?
    Do I need to undo the changes before updating?

17. palc
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 9, 2017

palc , Aug 9, 2017 :
    no need to undo any changes. you can just update. but the changes would be lost once you update to new OS. You have to give the command through ADB again.

shivamgoel08 likes this.
  18. mattam24
    Honeycomb Aug 9, 2017

19. burcinkarabacak
    Cupcake Dec 14, 2017