How to affectively maximize the OP battery!

1. bviengthong
    Honeycomb Jan 14, 2015

bviengthong , Jan 14, 2015 :
    So I've heard many different methods of properly charging our device battery in addition to turning off certain features to preserve and prolong the battery.

I use to fully charge my old device (Samsung nexus) to 100 percent and drain it down to 10% before charging it up again.

Now I charge between 40-80%, as recommended for lithium ion. Since we have super chargers does that play a role in damaging or prolonging the battery?

I also have my brightness below a quarter and shut off GPS. I notice by the end of the day my wife's OP was still more than mine with the same charges and settings.

How do you guys charge your OP to maximize battery life?

alghareeb likes this.
  2. RKandra
    Gingerbread Jan 14, 2015

3. bviengthong
    Honeycomb Jan 14, 2015

So I've heard many different methods of properly charging our device battery in addition to turning off certain features to preserve and prolong the battery.

I use to fully charge my old device (Samsung nexus) to 100 percent and drain it down to 10% before charging it up again.

Now I charge between 40-80%, as recommended for lithium ion. Since we have super chargers does that play a role in damaging or prolonging the battery?

I also have my brightness below a quarter and shut off GPS. I notice by the end of the day my wife's OP was still more than mine with the same charges and settings.

How do you guys charge your OP to maximize battery life?

4. don-doe
    KitKat Jan 14, 2015

don-doe , Jan 14, 2015 :
    Maybe the difference between your and your wifes phone is due to different usage?

I just charge over night (usually between 30 and 60% battery left). TBH this all sounds a bit like voodoo to me and there are as many opinions on how to charge properly as there are people. I just don't let my battery empty completely. Probably I'll want to have a new phone before the battery dies anyway, so I don't really see the point in caring too much about that.

5. iFerio
    Honeycomb Jan 14, 2015

iFerio , Jan 14, 2015 :
    I think that 1 day is great battery life for me. I just charge before I go to sleep to %100. I make sure I don't leave it charging for too long.

6. don-doe
    KitKat Jan 14, 2015

7. fgaurano
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 14, 2015

fgaurano , Jan 14, 2015 :
    It depends on your usage. Probably the best way to determine which really had a "greater battery life" is by checking the Battery Stats then click on Screen, you'll see the hours/minutes your screen was on (also called SOT or Screen on Time). As far as I have heard from other people (including myself), my One lasts for about 5-7 hours of SOT. When playing NBA2k15 (which really heats my phone up) I could drain 100%-20% within 3 hours.

vincerevic likes this.
  8. bviengthong
    Honeycomb Jan 14, 2015

9. bviengthong
    Honeycomb Jan 14, 2015

Between my wife and I, I am the power user. I also think her model is more new...

don-doe likes this.
  10. don-doe
    KitKat Jan 14, 2015

don-doe , Jan 14, 2015 :
    Yep only mods can merge threads that's why I tagged two of them.

bviengthong likes this.
  11. bviengthong
    Honeycomb Jan 14, 2015

Do you think the battery is only designed to last for a couple of years? I know you might get a new phone, but I am one who likes to keep my phones till they expire.

don-doe likes this.
  12. opofanboy987654
    Eclair Jan 14, 2015

13. aleric
    Eclair Jan 14, 2015

aleric , Jan 14, 2015 :
    Charge when reach 10-15% until 98% with phone switched off..it makes me use the phone for 1 day and an half with medium-high usage

14. aleric
    Eclair Jan 14, 2015

aleric , Jan 14, 2015 :
    Charge when reach 10-15% until 98% with phone switched off..it makes me use the phone for 1 day and an half with medium-high usage

rvu5 likes this.
  15. vincerevic
    Honeycomb Jan 14, 2015

vincerevic , Jan 14, 2015 :
    Whats the logic behind charging it to 98%? 100% charge gonna kill the bat life - seriously:eek::eek:!!

16. vincerevic
    Honeycomb Jan 14, 2015

vincerevic , Jan 14, 2015 :
    Heard this 99-98% theory before; whats wrong in charging it to 100%?

17. ImGrass
    Donut Jan 14, 2015

ImGrass , Jan 14, 2015 :
    I usually wait until it's at 20% or lower, then charge it up to 100% in one sitting. I use the battery saving option for the GPS and turn my brightness down whenever I can to preserve battery. I can get about 5 hours on screen time with the method that I use which is great for me.

netr0pa likes this.
  18. don-doe
    KitKat Jan 14, 2015

don-doe , Jan 14, 2015 :
    I'm not sure about your question. I have no idea... Maybe it can last for a decade idk. It just doesn't matter to me. And given that there are as many opinions on how to treat your battery correctly as people, I just decided not to care too much about that. Just my opinion. I can understand very well that this matters to you. Didn't mean to say you shouldn't care about it. But as long as I get through the day until I get my next phone I don't see the point for me.

19. leemartin
    Lollipop Jan 14, 2015

leemartin , Jan 14, 2015 :
    When you recieve your phone, charge it too 98%. Turn it off and never turn it on again. The battery will last for YONKS! I can't confirm exactly how long but it will be a long time

KXasdf, hputra, Kaia0120 and 4 others like this.
  20. EmperorS
    Cupcake Jan 14, 2015