How to allow an app to override silent slider mode

1. dapprman Cupcake Jun 17, 2019

dapprman, Jun 17, 2019 :
    I've managed this before on my old Oneplus 3 but can not work out how or find out how. I need to get an app to be able to be audible while the slider is in silent position.

This is not quite as silly as it sounds. I use a smart watch, so the phone is left with the slider in the silent position all of the time. It means to do not need to worry about unwanted noises at work, in meetings, etc. When driving, however, I use a speed trap locator (Camera Alert) and wish for it to warn me when I'm approaching a camera. I only run the app when in the car, however do not want to keep changing the slider from Silent to DnD or Ring and back each time.

2. stark2991_PL KitKat Jun 17, 2019

stark2991_PL, Jun 17, 2019 :
    But you probably have to.
    Do I get you right? You want an app that proves that silent mode is not working properly? :)

3. dapprman Cupcake Jun 18, 2019

dapprman, Jun 18, 2019 :
    Not quite. I want the phone to be silent except for the one app, which I only run in certain circumstances.

4. stark2991_PL KitKat Jun 18, 2019

stark2991_PL, Jun 18, 2019 :
    Silent mode works as a binary switch. Either it is on for all apps or it is off for all apps. There is no whitelist in Oxygen OS for that.

5. dapprman Cupcake Jun 20, 2019

dapprman, Jun 20, 2019 :
    Perhaps I found a bug on my old 3 then as I managed it some how :rolleyes:

6. dapprman Cupcake Jun 26, 2019

dapprman, Jun 26, 2019 :
    For anyone who sees this and uses the Camera Alert app from Pocket GPS World - I found the fix. In the app go to advanced settings, then audio output and change it from default to In Device.