How to Claim the Netflix Remote after the expiry of Invite Code (Q1 Series Users)

1. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Apr 1, 2021

Dresa91 , Apr 1, 2021 :
    Well, I guess you can not use the code anymore.
    But let’s ask someone: @Venky61

Venky61 and Yash Pratap Singh. like this.
  2. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Apr 1, 2021

Dresa91 , Apr 1, 2021 :

Venky61 and Yash Pratap Singh. like this.
  3. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Apr 2, 2021

Venky61 , Apr 2, 2021 :
    Did you contact OnePlus CS, if so, what did they say?
    They are the deciding factor. As the campaign no longer exists, it's upto to them if they wanna honor the claimed invites or leave it as it is due to stock issues.

Dresa91 likes this.
  4. prithvipawi
    Cupcake Apr 27, 2021

prithvipawi , Apr 27, 2021 :
    It is terrible as to how your customer care works. Its been 3months since I have bought the Q1 Pro tv.
    Firstly your agents lied stating that the new Netflix remote will be available with the new packed tv. Which was obviously false as we got the old remote.
    Afterwards I've been told to go on your website to buy the remote for free only later to find out its out of stock and I must click on "notify me" for latest updates. Its already been 3months since that time, there are no updates from the company's end, my invitation code has expired and there is really no one from the customer care service to give us a clear update on the availability of the remote.
    The company service and management is so terrible, not because of no availability but because even if the stock is not available, we must get a notification as to when the stock will be available or even a clearer picture. The customer service agent told me there was a stock available in between 3 months but got sold out. Why wasn't I notified? Later adding to the insult she also mentioned that since now the invitation code has expired, I will have to pay for it.
    It's highly dissapointing as to how they mismanage. Its just terrible service. And before you blame it on covid, the world is moving forward, little by little places are getting opened and people have started working again. So yes, the only fault is you have a terrible service Oneplus. Not buying another product. Fail.

5. Tokolozi
    Most Original Avatar Apr 27, 2021

6. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Apr 27, 2021

Venky61 , Apr 27, 2021 :
    Hi,
    This is a user forum and OnePlus won't be responding.
    Indeed the Netflix remote campaign was the most ill-managed one. The free Remote campaign ended last year Dec itself due to stock issue (unofficially) but they did not remove the link or update anywhere. No clarity has been given on it. Many other users too faced the same issue. Some have been calmed with OnePlus Discount vouchers and some left the hope. It's an unfortunate event. I tried to at least get the remote to some user through this thread but then OnePlus lift their hands with stock issue as reason.
    But I can tell you from my personal experience that Netflix remote is far inferior in terms of build quality w.r.t original one and it lacks Menu button too. It's good to have a spare remote but you are missing nothing that's good.

PS: Please follow the forum rules and do a quick search on the forum before creating new thread. Merged your thread with the existing one on same topic.

Thanks for the tag.

7. Yash Pratap Singh.
    KitKat May 17, 2021

8. harimadhav
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 31, 2021

harimadhav , via OnePlus Community App , May 31, 2021 :
    And is that an insulation tape wrapped around it..??
    Did he drop it often, or is he requesting where he can get a replacement with that picture??

If so,

1622481060558.jpg

I would like to put this here.. 😂

Tokolozi and Yash Pratap Singh. like this.
  9. Ansuman_B
    Froyo Jun 20, 2021 at 6:23 AM

Ansuman_B , via OnePlus 6T , Jun 20, 2021 at 6:23 AM :
    So guys Oneplus not gonna provide the so called free remote
    I'm surely feeling cheated and down right now my invitation code expired today and i can't do anything purchasing OnePlus Tv is a regret for me
    1624166469810.jpg

10. Yash Pratap Singh.
    KitKat Jun 20, 2021 at 6:55 AM

Yash Pratap Singh. , Jun 20, 2021 at 6:55 AM :
    Hey,
    The OnePlus Netflix remote was a temporary campaign, just to bring the Netflix app to the OnePlus TV.
    They have not yet removed the invitation code system - but unfortunately you can't get the remote now, because it's no longer in production.

11. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Jun 20, 2021 at 7:26 AM

Dresa91 , Jun 20, 2021 at 7:26 AM :
    A simple search in the forum would have answered your question that the promotion has expired...

12. McJader
    Marshmallow Jun 20, 2021 at 7:31 AM

McJader , Jun 20, 2021 at 7:31 AM :
    I'll be waiting to see the result of that lawsuit:rolleyes:

13. Tokolozi
    Most Original Avatar Jun 20, 2021 at 7:32 AM

14. Yash Pratap Singh.
    KitKat Jun 20, 2021 at 7:41 AM

Yash Pratap Singh. , Jun 20, 2021 at 7:41 AM :
    Its mainly OnePlus's fault...
    They brought the Netflix remote to satisfy Netflix's demands of getting on a TV only if the TV's remote has a dedicated Netflix button -and then even after the remote's production was halted, they didn't take down the invitation code site...
    Even I applied for the remote...and then after several conversations with the team, Venky was able to provide the remote to the last batch of applicants....

But just to make you feel a bit better @Ansuman_B - the Q1 Remote is really premium, its the most premium remote ever made by OnePlus...the black remotes - Netflix remote and Y series remote are plasticy and has a poor button throw.
    The U1 remote is also plasticy....and too curvy - I'd say its the worst of all OnePlus remotes.

You should be happy with the metallic Q1 remote - its the best 😉

15. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Jun 20, 2021 at 7:44 AM

Dresa91 , Jun 20, 2021 at 7:44 AM :
    Thanks for the detailed feedback:)

16. suveerupadhyay
    Gingerbread Jun 20, 2021 at 8:05 AM

suveerupadhyay , Jun 20, 2021 at 8:05 AM :
    Hi Yash, I think same remote is provided by OP as bundled remote with Y Series TV, atleast from image it looks same. It may be the call taken by OP not to provide free remote anymore to Q1 users.

17. Tobikage
    Nougat Jun 20, 2021 at 8:10 AM

Tobikage , Jun 20, 2021 at 8:10 AM :
    Yes.....onward....to the Supreme court if necessary !

Let's get this guy his remote ! :rolleyes:

18. McJader
    Marshmallow Jun 20, 2021 at 8:15 AM

McJader , Jun 20, 2021 at 8:15 AM :
    Of course, the Supreme Court should take his case on priority and get OnePlus to give him the remote:rolleyes:
    Consumer is King:cool:

Ansuman_B, Tobikage and Dresa91 like this.
  19. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Jun 20, 2021 at 8:17 AM

Tobikage and McJader like this.