How to clean the dust from crevices in OnePlus 9r via OnePlus 9R Carbon Black

1. AaryaJain
    Gingerbread Dec 2, 2021

AaryaJain , via OnePlus 9R Carbon Black , Dec 2, 2021 :
    On my OnePlus 9r, there is a uniform tiny crevice where the screen meets the rest of the body all around, where dust accumulates every few days, with and without the case. How should I clean it, cloth isn't helping much. And the curved corners are more difficult to clean.

2. pkg3107
    Jelly Bean Dec 2, 2021

pkg3107 , Dec 2, 2021 :
    It is quite difficult to clean. However, you can use a gadget cleaning liquid and a soft cloth to clean such areas.

3. Liehjan
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus Buds Pro Community Expert Dec 2, 2021

Liehjan , Dec 2, 2021 :
    Use a cloth with isopropyl alcohol on and clean it. Or use a old toothbrush instead of a cloth if it won't come off.

Tobikage and Gor. like this.
  4. Gor.
    New Star of Community Award 2021 Dec 2, 2021

Gor. , Dec 2, 2021 :
    Hey there,

In addition to above, a toothpick maybe? You can also try gently sliding your fingernails nails with a micro fiber cloth and see if it helps.

Tobikage and Liehjan like this.
  5. AaryaJain
    Gingerbread Dec 2, 2021

6. AaryaJain
    Gingerbread Dec 2, 2021

AaryaJain , via OnePlus 9R Carbon Black , Dec 2, 2021 :
    It's too thick for a toothpick. I tried the edge of my nails, and it works for the sides, but the corners it's not helping. Is this happening because of the design of the phone? Like does it happen on the op 9 too?

7. Liehjan
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus Buds Pro Community Expert Dec 2, 2021

Liehjan , Dec 2, 2021 :
    I've cleaned mine phones with it always, have had no issues at all... but if you are afraid for it to affect the paint then try water.

Gor. likes this.
  8. Nipu_1998
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus Nord 2 Dec 2, 2021

Nipu_1998 , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Dec 2, 2021 :
    I would suggest NOT to use something sharp like a pin or blade. It would damage the seal.
    you can use thin folded plastic films or bristles to carefully collect the dust.

9. Gor.
    New Star of Community Award 2021 Dec 3, 2021

Gor. , Dec 3, 2021 :
    Yeah the corners will be tricky. Try using the edge of a paper, slide it through the corners and blow off whatever lint/dust the paper manages to remove. That can possibly help.

It does happen with my 8T. Can't say much about the 9, could be the same case. Design playing a role is quite challenging to conclude as a reason.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2021

10. AaryaJain
    Gingerbread Dec 3, 2021

AaryaJain , via OnePlus 9R Carbon Black , Dec 3, 2021 :
    I meant the way the phone has been designed could play a part because that's how the screen was designed to meet the body

11. Gor.
    New Star of Community Award 2021 Dec 3, 2021

Gor. , Dec 3, 2021 :
    Yeah, that could possibly be a valid factor.