How to display seconds in the notifications bar clock

1. rfreyer
    Cupcake May 24, 2018

rfreyer , May 24, 2018 :
    OP6 seems to be missing a notifications bar clock with seconds. I used to turn it on in the System UI Tuner in my OP3T, but that seems to be missing from OP6. Please help. I need that feature!

antidanis, BlackBirdf and OPOBEAST like this.
  2. G_TV95_MeLm
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 24, 2018

3. AbhiTeja123
    Gingerbread May 24, 2018

AbhiTeja123 , May 24, 2018 :
    If you enable it, there won't be enough space for rest of the icons to fit in that tiny area. Blame the #Notch

4. antidanis
    Gingerbread May 24, 2018

5. tWoBrO
    Gingerbread May 24, 2018

tWoBrO , May 24, 2018 :
    Just out of curiosity, why do you want this option? I'm sure it seems odd for most.

6. antidanis
    Gingerbread May 25, 2018

antidanis , May 25, 2018 :
    I have manual watches I set every few days, and I also time stuff for sports. It's really useful to me.

Happy John likes this.
  7. tWoBrO
    Gingerbread May 25, 2018

tWoBrO , May 25, 2018 :
    Awesome.

I can see how that could help you. Unfortunately OP have removed a couple of options regarding the status bar because of the notch. I miss a couple of them too, battery percentage (no icon) and internet speed.

Hope they listen and put it back like in previous models.

Happy John and antidanis like this.
  8. antidanis
    Gingerbread May 25, 2018

antidanis , May 25, 2018 :
    I agree. I hate the battery icon. I usually just have the percentage on there.

JanGru and Happy John like this.
  9. rfreyer
    Cupcake May 25, 2018

rfreyer , May 25, 2018 :
    First, I think the lack of space is not a problem. Usually, I can see just one icon next to the clock.
    And secondly, I need the seconds because everyday at around 8:11:30 I receive a very important business message and I like to see how many seconds are left till the message comes in. I know this might sound akward to many, but that's the way it is... :)

10. paragsvbhide
    Eclair May 25, 2018

paragsvbhide , May 25, 2018 :
    I don't think you can put seconds, but you can always download an app from play store..

or head over to www.worldclock.com this site will show you the exact time!

11. BlackBirdf
    Eclair May 31, 2018

BlackBirdf , May 31, 2018 :
    I'm really missing the seconds clock option too (and my brother also). Yes, it takes yet some more space up, but I'm using small scaling and fonts anyway. There's plenty of space on my display to squeeze a full clock plus a few icons in front of the notch.

And yes, I know, there are some less convenient alternatives available, but is it really too much to ask to get this simple checkbox back, for all those who really miss it? (PS: Especially since battery % is coming back too in the next update)

FYI, I'm for example used to having trains leave exactly in time, or maybe a bit late, but not earlier. The difference between having a few seconds or almost a minute to catch the train can save you quite some sweat. ;)

Last edited: May 31, 2018

antidanis likes this.
  12. antidanis
    Gingerbread May 31, 2018

antidanis , May 31, 2018 :
    I completely agree. It should be an option. It is very useful to me too. If people don't like it, they don't have to enable it.

R1bsman likes this.
  13. Dark_Matrix_Guru
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 31, 2018

Dark_Matrix_Guru , May 31, 2018 :
    turn the battery icon off and you can see your percentage

14. antidanis
    Gingerbread Jun 8, 2018

antidanis , Jun 8, 2018 :
    Is this in the new 5.1.6 update? I would love to have the option to add seconds to my clock.

15. antidanis
    Gingerbread Jun 9, 2018

16. antidanis
    Gingerbread Jun 9, 2018

antidanis , Jun 9, 2018 :
    @Gary C. An option to display seconds on the clock in the top bar is really useful for product launches, buying tickets, setting watches, timing fights, etc. It used to be in the system UI Tuner, but then it disappeared. Having the option would be nice. There's enough room for it. Please, please bring it back.

17. Murman
    Jelly Bean Jun 9, 2018

Murman , Jun 9, 2018 :
    Maybe try crono surf. It's a clock app with a live wallpaper synced to your phone time with a second hand. Screenshot_20180609-153238.png

18. antidanis
    Gingerbread Jun 9, 2018

antidanis , Jun 9, 2018 :
    Lol. That's a serious clock you have there!!!!!

19. Murman
    Jelly Bean Jun 9, 2018

Murman , Jun 9, 2018 :
    Yeah. I'm thinking about buying a watch, this seems like a reasonable trial run

antidanis likes this.
  20. Tynayko Melendez
    Cupcake Apr 26, 2020

Tynayko Melendez , Apr 26, 2020 :
    Under settings>display> status bar> time>show hours minutes and seconds.

everyone here was making it seem like a big deal and saying it's not possible. Please, if you cannot answer the question, don't. It's not helpful to post other things that do not answer the question. It's frustrating.