How to experience OnePlus Nord on July 21

1. Carl
    Co-founder Staff Member Jul 18, 2020

Carl , Jul 18, 2020 :
    banner.png

It’s been a while since we’ve done anything like this.

Everything has been leading to this moment – the months of hard work, the planning and, yes, even the Instagram memes. We haven’t even launched Nord yet, but we’re already overwhelmed by the incredible support our community has shown us. In less than a month, Nord pre-orders have sold out, we’ve gained a massive following on Instagram, and we’ve lost count of how many people have entered our giveaways.

We truly can’t thank you enough for embarking on this new direction with us. If you’re reading this, you’re the reason our community is a special place.

Instead of asking you to come to us, we’re bringing OnePlus Nord to you on July 21 in the world’s first smartphone launch done entirely in AR. At OnePlus, we’re never first for the sake of being first – we only spearhead new and exciting technologies when we think they’re meaningful. Of course, it doesn’t hurt that we’re going to make history together this time.

We’ve been working on this AR launch for a while now and, honestly, we’re still pushing ourselves to make sure the experience runs as smoothly as possible, on as many devices as possible.

Naturally, the best way to experience Nord on July 21 is with the OnePlus Nord AR App. But we understand not all of you own a device that supports it. That’s why we’ve partnered with a little YouTuber you might have heard of – Unbox Therapy – who will be live streaming the entire Nord launch on YouTube, and the OnePlus Nord AR page.

We’re also collaborating with content creators in France, Germany, Spain, and Italy who will also be live streaming the Nord launch in their respective languages. Here’s a full list with links to their live stream platforms:

• Jojol (French) – YouTube
    • AlexiBexi (German) – Twitch
    • Topes de Gama (Spanish) – YouTube
    • Andreagaleazzi (Italian) – YouTube

The rest of the Nord team and I are incredibly excited to make history with you. But before all that, we just wanted to outline exactly how this AR launch is going to work. We felt this was necessary because, well, the world has never seen a new smartphone like this before.

To experience Nord on July 21, there’s a few things you need to do beforehand.

• Download the OnePlus Nord AR App, available from both the Google Play Store and Apple App Store
    • Create your avatar (or skip this if you’re boring)
    • Wait until July 21 for the full experience​

Those of you with your Nord AR Cardboard can kickstart your AR experience before July 21, though.

• Pull out the cardboard phone tucked away in your limited physical invite
    • Scan its QR code using your device’s native camera app (if you’re using a device running Android 9.0 or newer), or any other app that can scan QR codes
    • View the live countdown to the OnePlus Nord AR launch​

Remember, if you don’t have the Nord AR Cardboard, you can always make your own, then follow the steps above.

You don’t need the OnePlus Nord AR App to experience the Nord AR launch countdown.

The OnePlus Nord AR App supports all devices running Android 7.0 or newer with support for ARCore from Google – check the full device combability list here

• Our product team has discovered app compatibility issues with OnePlus 8 Series devices – this is due to software bugs on our end. To remedy this, we’ll be issuing an APK file so users can run the app and experience the Nord launch. This will be posted on our Community and social media channels before July 21
    • The OnePlus 5T also has compatibility issues with the OnePlus Nord AR App – we are still working to assess the cause of this and will remedy it as soon as we can
    • iOS devices running iOS 13.1 or newer with support for ARKit from Apple are also supported by the OnePlus Nord AR App
    If your device doesn’t support the OnePlus Nord AR App, you can catch the full reveal with Unbox Therapy on YouTube, and on the OnePlus Nord AR page.

2. Abdul B.
    OxygenOS Operations Staff Member Jul 20, 2020

Stickied Post
    Abdul B. , Jul 20, 2020 :
    Hello Everyone,
    To help those looking to join tomorrow's AR launch, here are the links to install the latest update for OP8 series, that enable ARCore support:
    OP8 Pro:
    10.5.11 [EU]
    10.5.12 [IN]
    OP8:
    10.5.9 [EU]
    10.5.10 [IN]

Installation Process:
    1. Move the installed the file to Internal Storage/Root Folder
    2. Goto settings-> System-> System Updates
    3. Click the top-right settings cog -> Local upgrade-> Click the downloaded file and Install-> Reboot
    Data will not be wipe by installing this build but it's better to take the data backup

Thanks

3. Abdul B.
    OxygenOS Operations Staff Member Jul 21, 2020

Stickied Post
    Abdul B. , Jul 21, 2020 :
    Hello Everyone,
    Oneplus Nord AR compatibility issue is now fixed on the OnePlus 5T devices, all we have to do is clear the cache from Playstore and Install the App!!
    Steps: Long press on playstore icon-> click info -> open Storage & cache-> Clear cache

Thanks

4. mspatil.92
    Honeycomb Jul 18, 2020

5. NiyasAhamed
    Gingerbread Jul 18, 2020

6. Manav Bhagia
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 18, 2020

7. Lokesh Dutta
    Froyo Jul 18, 2020

Lokesh Dutta , Jul 18, 2020 :
    I am ready @Carl with my OnePlus Nord AR Card an My OnePlus 6T device to experience the one of the greatest launch in this year 2020 with virtual reality. 🤩🤩🤞🤞🤞[e]270c[/e]️[e]270c[/e]️[e]270c[/e]️

8. ahuja_varun
    Gingerbread Jul 18, 2020

ahuja_varun , Jul 18, 2020 :
    Thanks for the update @Carl. !! [e]1f60d[/e]❣️

I'm all set with the app and the invite !!

just waiting for the launch now !! ⌛[e]1f60d[/e][e]1f60d[/e]🤙🤙

9. Cakepips
    Honeycomb Jul 18, 2020

Cakepips , Jul 18, 2020 :
    Thanks for the update @Carl and making sure everyone gets a chance to watch!

Not long now... Best of luck it all goes smoothly. :blush:

10. DarshanMeniya
    Honeycomb Jul 18, 2020

Last edited: Jul 18, 2020

11. Swatiranjan
    Jelly Bean Jul 18, 2020

Swatiranjan , via OnePlus 7T , Jul 18, 2020 :
    It's been a while you have posted something here @Carl . Congratulations for the AR launch of #NORD.
    We are equally excited as you are.
    Wish you and your team "all the best" for the grand success of NORD.

@oneirshad and sandi_developer like this.
  13. Shubham_Ag.
    Honeycomb Jul 18, 2020

Shubham_Ag. , via OnePlus 8 , Jul 18, 2020 :
    Thanks for the update @Carl
    Everyone now has a visibility as to how they can experience the first ever AR launch through the different means.
    Also thanks for giving us a heads up to download a separate apk for the OP8 series.
    Excited as the day comes closer!!

Oh, and btw Unbox Therapy is not 'a little Youtuber' [e]1f602[/e]

14. Absin05
    Froyo Jul 18, 2020

sandi_developer likes this.
  15. Optimus_Prime_07
    Honeycomb Jul 18, 2020

Optimus_Prime_07 , via OnePlus 3 , Jul 18, 2020 :
    Thanks for the updates @Carl. And solving so many doubts. Can't wait to see the Biggest Hype in the Smart Phone History.

Also some doubts,
    1. I am using OnePlus 3 and my device is not compatible with the OnePlus Nord AR application. so how should i see the live event ??

2.The AR card code takes us to the web page and then we can see the phone, but can we see the whole launch event there ??

3.How can i redeem multiple AR Card Invites.i buy for all family members but all of the devices are incompatible with the AR application ?

Excited and Have some fears too at the same time that how it will work and if i am not able to see event after having AR cards and all. @Carl @Pete please give some clarification for the same.

One more thing, as i was unable to get the Pre-orders because of some issues related to Amazon and i have raised this issue in other thread. Some of my friend who got a chance to buy PreOrder, the Amazon is showing Delivery Date on 24th July. So what's the meaning of that,if it cames after the launch.

1595069701181.jpg

All set for the launch[e]1f525[/e], High Hopes. Please don't Disappoint [e]1f64f[/e]

View attachment 1374577

16. asishgrwl
    Gingerbread Jul 18, 2020

17. HarshKK14
    Honeycomb Jul 18, 2020

18. Girish.Pranav
    Honeycomb Jul 18, 2020

19. Girish.Pranav
    Honeycomb Jul 18, 2020

20. Batman360
    Lollipop Jul 18, 2020

Batman360 , Jul 18, 2020 :
    Wooahh hoo!! Look who just posted a thread 🔥 😎
    Hey there @Carl , hope you are doing good😊
    Thanks for a quick tutorial thread. Looking forward to the launch and also could you please send a pop-up box invite my way? 🙈
    Thanks in advance 😜

21. Optimus_Prime_07
    Honeycomb Jul 18, 2020

Optimus_Prime_07 , via OnePlus 3 , Jul 18, 2020 :
    I know you are part of the Justice League, so you can get anything you want.🤣🤣 But i am also Optimus Prime and i also want the Pop-up Box.🤣 @Carl.

22. SeanPlus
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 18, 2020

SeanPlus , Jul 18, 2020 :
    Sooooo... I'm better off watching the event using the app rather than on the website the AR Cardboard directs us to? What was the point of the cardboard? Was it meant to serve an unrealised purpose?

Whatever the case - I can't wait for the Nord to be unveiled.

my_body_is_ready.png