How To Fix "android.process.acore stopped" error in android, please

1. bohemicus
    Eclair Jun 27, 2015

bohemicus , Jun 27, 2015 :
    My OnePlus One, running CM12, is showing "Unfortunately, the process android.process.acore has stopped" error message which drives me to distraction.

Does anyone have any working solution, please?

I am tired of repeatedly using backup and wipe phone clean method, and the clear data cache method in "Settings > Apps > All >Contacts Storage" somehow does not seem to work for me...

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Peace,

Benny (bohemicus)

2. Deactivated User
    Jun 28, 2015

lostLambda likes this.
  3. bohemicus
    Eclair Jun 29, 2015

4. Maria Kr.
    Cupcake Jul 8, 2015

Maria Kr. , Jul 8, 2015 :
    Did this and the messages stopped. Is there a good replacement app that can somehow circumvent this? Phone is also semi-useless without my contacts.

5. Fred M.
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 8, 2015

Fred M. , Jul 8, 2015 :
    Never happened to me...
    Haven't seen it. When you say tired of backing up, wiping, are you restoring the backup? You could have probs there. Try wiping and set up contacts from scratch? Its pretty easy these days if your contacts are in gmail or outlook.

6. thedane9
    Cupcake Aug 14, 2015

thedane9 , Aug 14, 2015 :
    I removed the Facebook app and then the error
    android.process.acore stopped working was gone.
    I then installed Facebook again and immediately the error was back.
    So far I have found out how to install the FB app again so I have instead a shortcut to the mobile version of FB.

7. ahmed2142
    Cupcake Nov 7, 2015

ahmed2142 , Nov 7, 2015 :
    I don't have FB and this still is happening for me. It pops up every 1-2 seconds and my phone is unusable. I had A LOT of problems with my phone after this new update. I just got it to boot up and now we have this.

8. bohemicus
    Eclair Nov 7, 2015

bohemicus , Nov 7, 2015 :
    I am happy to report that since I've upgraded to Android 5.1.1, the above error message "android.process.acore stopped" is not tormenting me anymore.

A big "thank you, everybody!" for your suggestions.