How to fix issues after Caynogen OS 12 update

1. Ankit Panwar
    Donut May 4, 2015

Ankit Panwar , May 4, 2015 :
    Wi-Fi issue

The Cyanogen OS 12 and CyanogenMod 12 have a common issue where the dhcpcd sends incorrect data to the DHCP servers. So even though you are connected to the router, you would still receive an invalid IP address and lose the internet connection.

To fix this issue flash this file.

Irregular data connection and phone shows 'Emergency Calls Only'

It looks like the Cyanogen OS 12 has difficulties detecting the default APN. This issue can be fixed. Go toSettings>> Mobile Network>> Access Point Name>> select your carrier.

If the problem still exists, go toSettings>> Mobile Network>> Network Operator>> select your carrier.

Can't connect to data but phone call works fine

Pull down on the top right of the screen to access the quick settings menu>> select the network icon (the right triangle)>> toggle ON (located at the top right of the menu).

How to increase mobile data signals

The Oxygen OS is reported to have a stronger reception and data signal. To install this modem on Cyanogen OS 12flash this file.

Can't send MMS

Enter the default messenger>> click 3 vertical dots on the top right>> Settings>> Auto-Enable Data>> toggle ON.

Note that this fix is only needed depending on the carrier. If you receive picture messages and the option is disabled for you, do not enable it.

Problem detecting SIM card

Settings>> Security>> Set up SIM/RUIM Card Lock.

Cyanogen OS 12 theme app issue: can't change lock screen wallpaper to None

If you want your wallpaper to match lock screen, select the same image and apply it on your lock screen.

Dialer, numbers and contacts not showing

Go toSettings>> Theme>> System>> Apply

Ugly Cyanogen OS 12 theme

Go to Settings>> Theme>> System>> Apply

New keyboard does not look good

Go to Settings>> Language & input>> Android Keyboard (AOSP)>> Appearance & Layouts>> Themes>> select the desired theme. Note that the Halo theme is similar to the KitKat keyboard.

Decrease settings options

Navigate toSettings>> About>> Advanced Mode>> toggle On.

Laggy App draw

This is a launcher issue. You might download different launchers such as Google Now, Nova Launcher or, Apex Launcher from the Play Store.

No more tabs on Chrome

This is said to be a new feature with each tab being treated as a new app in the Recent App menu bar. You can undo this feature by launching Chrome>> select 3 vertical dots on the top right of the screen>> Settings>> Merge tabs and apps>> Off.

No longer silent vibration via Volume keys

There is an Xposed module, posted onXDA forum, for this issue.

Flash Xposed framework

Install Xposed Installer

Install True Silent Mode

Enter Xposed Installer>> Module>> enable True Silent Mode

Finally reboot your phone

Fix Cyanogen OS 12 memory leak

Flash Xposed framework [Use the above download links for Xposed framework and Installer.]

Install Xposed Installer

Install Fix Lollipop Memory Leak module

Enter Xposed Installer>> Module>> enable Fix Lollipop Memory Leak

Reboot the phone

Battery drain when the phone is sleeping

Flash Xposed framework [Use the above download links for Xposed framework and Installer.]

Install Xposed Installer

Install Deep Sleep module

Enter Xposed Installer>> Module>> enable Deep Sleep

Reboot the phone

Fix for inaccurate GPS

This issue crops up since the location services do not have permission to obtain your location. However it can be fixed from Settings>> Privacy>> Privacy gaurd>> click the 3 vertical dots on the top right of the screen>> enable show system apps>> grant location access toAndroid System, Location Services,Maps, and Street Views.

Still not fixed? Navigate toSettings>> Location>> Mode>> High Accuracy.

Low mic

To resolve the low mic problems head over to XDA development forumhere and here.

Email app

The old Email app has been replaced by a new app from Boxer called E-Mail and you will have to set it up.

Can't login with CyanogenMod account

The Cyanogen OS 12 has a new account system called Cyanogen account. The old Cyanogen credentials do not work with the Cyanogen OS 12. You need to make a new account.

To gain root

With the installation of the new stock Cyanogen update, the phone will lose its root. Just install SuperSU from Play Store>> launch SuperSU>> follow the on-screen prompts to root your OnePlus One.

Apps/System crashes constantly

This happens when you perform an OTA update on your phone with a dirty flash. The fix for it is very simple.

Turn off your phone>> press Power +Volume Down buttons together>> in recovery mode wipe the Dalvik Cache andCache.

Source :http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/oneplus-one-how-fix-issues-after-caynogen-os-12-update-1499581

igeekyayush likes this.
  2. cabhay
    KitKat May 4, 2015

Last edited: May 5, 2015

saikrishna235 and ramli7 like this.
  3. mos2566
    Froyo May 4, 2015

mos2566 , May 4, 2015 :
    Since updating to Cyanogen 12, my call service is almost useless. I'm in the UK and on 3 and can't make a satisfactory call. I have already selected the appropriate carrier.
    Anybody have any suggestions?

4. ramli7
    KitKat May 5, 2015

ramli7 , May 5, 2015 :
    So what do you want to say?

If the above mentioned issues are true, then it's also true that Cyanogen has enjoyed it's Vengeance against OnePlus One.

5. Thameem Ansari
    Cupcake May 5, 2015

6. vinikrish
    Eclair Sep 7, 2015

vinikrish , Sep 7, 2015 :
    Hey,

I am having to select the network operator every time I step out of my house. Is there any permanent fix for this?

7. kanagadeepan
    KitKat Sep 7, 2015

8. kiranbidare
    Cupcake Sep 7, 2015

kiranbidare , Sep 7, 2015 :
    Hello Team,

I have updated m one plus one phone for the recent up gradation. but suddenly my phone got switched off and its not working. When we plug for charging also it does not respond. need help on this.

Regards,
    Kiran

9. kirankuruvath
    Cupcake Sep 14, 2015