Guide

How to Flash Ubuntu Touch on OPO using TWRP

1. ojaswinsingh Gingerbread Feb 26, 2016

ojaswinsingh, Feb 26, 2016 :
    I know..Especially the fact that you can't make calls..

2. 1+2=1225 Donut Mar 10, 2016

3. Dominique57350 Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 10, 2016

Dominique57350, Mar 10, 2016 :
    Hmmmm
    Walt multirom support ubuntu touche now !
    All what you need to do is:
    Unlock bootloader
    Install twrp
    Install / flash foot
    Install multirom app
    Clic install ubuntu after verifing that you have kexe kernel

AND YOU KNOW WHAT? Its even working in dualboot omg olololololololo
    PS: it mean when phone boots up you van choose beetween booting Android or Utouch ! No need to loose all apps
    @ojaswinsingh
    Update post

ojaswinsingh likes this.
  4. kryshnakishore Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 10, 2016

5. ojaswinsingh Gingerbread Mar 10, 2016

ojaswinsingh, Mar 10, 2016 :
    It does, even 2G works. But you can't call. It "fails" everytime

6. ojaswinsingh Gingerbread Mar 10, 2016

ojaswinsingh, Mar 10, 2016 :
    My method is kinda different, but i'll update it..Thanks dude!

EDIT: Updated

Last edited: Mar 10, 2016

7. Tilds Cupcake Mar 13, 2016

Tilds, Mar 13, 2016 :
    Did as described, but there is no "Ubuntu Touch" item in TWRP -> Restore menu. Only the backup that I made right before.

8. ojaswinsingh Gingerbread Mar 13, 2016

ojaswinsingh, Mar 13, 2016 :
    Did you replace the whole extracted TWRP folder? And replace the little file too?

9. Kuoiseej Eclair Mar 13, 2016

Kuoiseej, Mar 13, 2016 :
    So , if i understand everything ... all the main things we do with our phone are not working ?

The oneplus is a PHONE not a computer !

I really don't understand people will try this , because it makes your phone just unusable.

10. ojaswinsingh Gingerbread Mar 14, 2016

ojaswinsingh, Mar 14, 2016 :
    Well, yeah. Its just a concept for those who are bored with Android.

Although I agree with you, funny how they didn't fix the Call Failing thing before releasing it cause if that worked many people would have kept it, at least I would have if they had also fixed the heating issue..

11. aakash2101 Cupcake Mar 14, 2016

12. ojaswinsingh Gingerbread Mar 14, 2016

Last edited: Mar 14, 2016

13. ChloeWolfieGirl Gingerbread Mar 21, 2016

ChloeWolfieGirl, Mar 21, 2016 :
    Hi, Community manager for Ubports.

We have calls and headphones working internally but we aren't sending that out yet, the reason why is because the device over heats, currently the device is usable for hours, if we uploaded the code for calls you wouldn't want to put it too your ear.

We are trying to get it fixed though, before the end of this month is what we're aiming for, GPS, Bluetooth etcetera still wont work for a little while but it'll be useable for calls at least.

Also this port isnt just a consept, the port is real and in time will work with all of the hardware.

Its something to note that only this month has the developer decided to take time of work to work on ubports, so he hasn't had much time before now.

Thank you for the feedback.
    Obviously some of the feedback doesn't fall on us such as slow app times and how many apps are in the app store, but we are hoping that porting ubuntu to alternative devices may get more developers looking at and creating apps for ubuntu phones.

I hear if this bug was fixed then apps would start much quicker https://bugs.launchpad.net/apparmor/ bug/1552341

Last edited: Mar 21, 2016

ojaswinsingh likes this.
  14. kryshnakishore Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 21, 2016

15. ojaswinsingh Gingerbread Mar 21, 2016

ojaswinsingh, Mar 21, 2016 :
    Hey there, Thank you for the response. Really glad to hear some news from the Community Manager. I'm eagerly waiting for the final port, wish you and your devs luck for it

Last edited: Mar 21, 2016

16. ChloeWolfieGirl Gingerbread Mar 21, 2016

ChloeWolfieGirl, Mar 21, 2016 :
    We use the command line with ubuntu-device-flash to install the OS, the file directory's are here but idk if you'll find what you're looking for, sorry... http://system-image.ubports.com/ubuntu-touch/

Thank you, I saw this article and review and thought I should reply and make sure everything’s going well and everyone knows what’s going on, especially if/when they're using the software and showing us some little issues they have with it that we can fix :)

ojaswinsingh likes this.
  17. ojaswinsingh Gingerbread Mar 21, 2016

18. kryshnakishore Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 21, 2016

19. ojaswinsingh Gingerbread Mar 21, 2016

ojaswinsingh, Mar 21, 2016 :
    Anytime bud :) Make sure you keep a Nandroid Backup of your current ROM cause MultiROM can screw it up sometimes

20. kryshnakishore Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 21, 2016

kryshnakishore, Mar 21, 2016 :
    Applied multirom version of twrp in recovery, installed multirom app & made settings according it,it downloaded ubuntu touch internally everything sucessed atlast it asked for reboot. Aftr reboot again it is booting into cyanogen...??