How to get best camera performance on my opo?

1. kcpatel83
    Gingerbread Feb 5, 2015

kcpatel83 , Feb 5, 2015 :
    Hi,

Its been week with my new opo. I also have iphone 5S.
    sincerely saying, everything else is quite good on opo. I like the OS, display quality, big screen.
    but really disappointed and annoyed with lack luster camera performance, specially when i compare to iphone 5S.

I am not a camera pro. I am just a point and shoot guy. I dont have time to edit and process the images.
    And in this test scenario, opo lags far behind.
    I have seen quite a lot of threads with this issue from many users/ members.I tried the suggestions such as using low ISO and other camera settings, using google camera or camera FV-5 app. I purchased 3 different apps. but result is same.

Does anyone has solution for this? if not, unfortunately i have to revert back to iphone 5S.
    Please suggest.

2. chvzed
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 5, 2015

Encho, armmani2001 and kcpatel83 like this.
  3. kcpatel83
    Gingerbread Feb 5, 2015

4. erzengelsachiel
    KitKat Feb 5, 2015

erzengelsachiel , Feb 5, 2015 :
    Please do not consider the opinions of former Apple fanbois based on that alone. We love Android here, that's why we don't own iOS devices here on the OPO forums. Think for yourself. But the updated camera is worth it.

5. chvzed

chvzed , Feb 5, 2015 :
    I told him that because you never know how fast a phone camera can be until you try an iDevice. I'm very happy with the modded version of CameraNext as its shutter has zero lag now :)

6. erzengelsachiel
    KitKat Feb 5, 2015

erzengelsachiel , Feb 5, 2015 :
    That is a huge issue with the CM camera, I'll give you that sir!

7. Sticky stanly
    Honeycomb Feb 5, 2015

8. abechung

abechung , Feb 5, 2015 :
    Agreed. No matter how sucky, Apple is in terms of specs the phone lacks, as well as their overpriced margins, their camera processing quality is bar none one of the best.

erzengelsachiel likes this.
  9. dhruvmhjn
    Eclair Feb 5, 2015

dhruvmhjn , Feb 5, 2015 :
    Yeah, Apple is good. they use some of the best signal processors.
    But talking about cameras...
    I still miss my old Lumia's Camera. Simply Awesome. OPO doesn't even come close to that.

10. kujoprime
    Eclair Feb 6, 2015

kujoprime , Feb 6, 2015 :
    Hey man,

Been interested in similar inquiries as well. Through browsing around the forums and related articles I found these links to be useful. Maybe you'll find them of help as well.

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/oneplus-one-camera-photo-guide.199966/

Related to long exposure stuff
    http://robinwong.blogspot.com/2014/10/long-exposure-photography-fun-with.html?m=1

And more of a breakdown and testing some have done and what setting they used to optimize the performance.
    http://robinwong.blogspot.com/2014/09/oneplus-one-camera-review.html?m=1

ddobric likes this.
  11. armmani2001
    KitKat Feb 6, 2015

12. abhi08638
    Gingerbread Feb 6, 2015

abhi08638 , Feb 6, 2015 :
    Its not, the color os app cannot be used on CM because of framework files that are missing. That is just a version of the stock app with most of the features unlocked

13. sudnut
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 6, 2015

sudnut , Feb 6, 2015 :
    Try google camera

14. mnemonic
    Donut Feb 6, 2015

mnemonic , Feb 6, 2015 :
    Not to be rude, but calling someone a fanboy on a legitimate observation (Apple Cam > OPO stock cam) based purely on the fact that he owned an iphone and that "we love android here" isn't shining the best light on the community. But not to stry from the topic...

@OP: Much of the cameras performance in todays mobile phones is postprocessing, i.e. software. That's where the iPhone shines. From a pure hardware point of view, the 5s is actually inferior to the OPO. The quality of the pictures comes from apples really good postprocessing.
    So it's just a matter of installing a good camera software on your OPO. Google Stock cam is decent already, as are the mentioned alternatives on this thread. If you want to go all out, get Camera 360. I know some real-world photographers who consider this the best cam on android.

15. FoleyRose
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 6, 2015

FoleyRose , Feb 6, 2015 :
    I'll try that, thanks. Does it have the flash bug every non-CM app has?

16. erzengelsachiel
    KitKat Feb 6, 2015

erzengelsachiel , Feb 6, 2015 :
    Not to be rude here, but maybe, just maybe talking about iPhones on an OPO forum isn't the best idea. You may read comments you don't like.

Well yeah...duh