Camera How to I take a picture with this camera?

1. Econdoc Cupcake Apr 20, 2019

Econdoc, Apr 20, 2019 :
    I have had my OP6t for about a week and am very confused about how to use the camera properly. I am an inexperienced photographer so Pro mode is not an option for me.

Here is what I am doing with the camera and what I would like to do…

I have been taking pictures only with Photo mode, 4:3 aspect ratio; Flash and HDR are set to automatic.

1. Camera software on other phones has allowed me to set the resolution of the photos (for example, 4160 x 2340 pixels, or 3200 x 1800 for 16:9).

2. I cannot see any White Balance settings, for example, Daylight, Incandescent, Fluorescent…

3. There are no options that I can find for “Scenes” like Sports, Beach, and Landscapes…

Are there comparable settings on the OnePlus 6t for Scenes, White Balance, Photo resolution? If so, where can I find them? Is there a manual for this camera that would help me?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

2. Neddard KitKat Apr 20, 2019

Neddard, Apr 20, 2019 :
    I would recommend that you visit the Photography section and have a look through the helpful pinned threads. That should get you started.

https://forums.oneplus.com/forums/photography/

xnutzii and Bouncer71 like this.
  3. jeanterry Cupcake Apr 20, 2019

jeanterry, Apr 20, 2019 :
    dude...just swipe up downbelow ...
    actually i found it 2 months after getting op6t like u

4. Econdoc Cupcake Apr 22, 2019

5. Econdoc Cupcake Apr 22, 2019

Econdoc, Apr 22, 2019 :
    Sadly, I did not find any answers in the Photography forum. I would really appreciate direct answers to the questions that I asked.

6. KeepTransisting KitKat Apr 22, 2019

Best Answer
    KeepTransisting, Apr 22, 2019 :
    1. You can't change resolution, only aspect ratio
    2. White balance settings are only in pro mode
    3. There are no "scenes" to pick from

ironass likes this.