how to install 4.1.7 update while rooted

1. G_sailesh_ramanam_acen
    Cupcake Aug 25, 2017

G_sailesh_ramanam_acen , Aug 25, 2017 :
    Hi all,

Your help is much appreciated.. I want to install latest update, but i am rooted.. I don't want to loose all data. I believe if i install ota update it will unroot my device and all data will be lost.. Correct me if i am wrong.

So please let me know if there is a way to install update and keep my apps and data unaffected

2. Bartnl
    Lollipop Aug 25, 2017

Bartnl , Aug 25, 2017 :
    This question is one of the first tings you should have known before you rooted your phone.

You can not flash an OTA, only the complete rom and if you dirty flash you will not loose any date.
    You will always loose your root after a flash, but if you immediately flash your root file (magisk or superuser) straight after it, you will have root again.

3. chris_wds
    Honeycomb Aug 25, 2017

chris_wds , Aug 25, 2017 :
    That question is asked a lot of time so you could look on Google or in this forum before asking but today I will be nice.
    So if you're rooted and you're on OOS
    Make sure you have the latest version of TWRP
    And look at this http://downloads.oneplus.net/oneplus-3t/oneplus_3t_oxygenos_4.1.7/
    If you still don't understanding download full 4.1.7 OOS Rom, reboot in TWRP then make a Nand backup then wipe cache and cache dalvik and then flash OOS ROM then reboot

4. Félix E. Mart
    Froyo Sep 1, 2017

Félix E. Mart , Sep 1, 2017 :
    That's your great help? Come on...

christopher78 likes this.
  5. RekhaPrasad
    Cupcake Sep 1, 2017

RekhaPrasad , Sep 1, 2017 :
    when I update 4.1.7 that time Anwar's in play store app not at download simply showing installing that's it.

6. chris_wds
    Honeycomb Sep 7, 2017

chris_wds , Sep 7, 2017 :
    Haha I was "quite the same" before ^^