Guide How To - Install Oxygen OS 2.2.0 OTA (Root & No Root Users) Without any Data Loss !!

1. Funk Wizard
    Moderator Moderator Oct 2, 2015

Funk Wizard , Oct 2, 2015 :
    How To - Install Oxygen OS 2.2.0 OTA/Full Rom (Root & No Root Users) Without any Data Loss !!

To Follow up on my Unlocking Thread, there are lot of users who are either facing problems to update or afraid to root due to OTA flash failure. Thus I have mentioned these simple steps to ensure a smooth update for both rooted and non-rooted devices and would only take a few minutes.

Read all the instructions very carefully and follow all the steps one by one on your phone. This guide is only for the Oneplus 2 users who are on Oxygen OS.

The below mention guide is all of the Oneplus users who are rooted with TWRP recovery and also for the non-rooted users with stock recovery:

· For Non Rooted Users with Stock Recovery:

· Download the below mention file on your phone and place it on the root folder

OTA 2.1.0 Zip

OTA 2.1.1 Zip

OTA 2.1.2 Zip

OTA 2.2.0 Zip

· Reboot to stock recovery

· Select the OTA File and Flash/Update

· Reboot and enjoy your updated OS 2.2.0

· For Rooted Users with TWRP Recovery :D

· (Clean Flash Lovers Get the Full 2.2.0 Flashable Zip)

· Download the Full ROM zip file of Oxygen OS 2.1.2 (don’t unzip or extract)

· Download SuperSU to get the root access on your phone.

· Once both the files are saved on your PC move both the downloaded files on your Phone root folder.

· Boot your phone in TWRP recovery:

screener_20151002(18_18_20).png

· Select Wipe option > Advanced Wipe > Select Dalvik Cache, System and Cache & Swipe to Wipe

screener_20151002(18_18_53).png screener_20151002(18_19_06).png

· GO back to the main menu, Select Install & Flash the Oxygen OS Zip file.

· Flash the 2.2.0 OTA

· Flash the SuperSU zip file to gain the root access on your phone.

screener_20151002(18_19_38).png

· Flash any mods that you may have like Xposed etc

screener_20151002(18_19_59).png

· Reboot System, Done :D

All credits to @Spannaa for maintaining the ROM & OTA Zips, you can find his detailed thread here

Last edited: Dec 23, 2015

2. Funk Wizard

Latest update OxygenOS 2.2.0
    Full Rom Here
    OTA Here

Installation Instructions :-
    1.) Dirty flash/Clean flash full OxygenOS 2.1.2 Zip
    2.) Flash 2.2.0 OTA Zip
    3.) Or just clean flash 2.2.0 full zip
    4.) Flash Supersu to maintain root
    5.) Reboot System and Profit

Last edited: Dec 23, 2015

3. aaron.hossain75
    Lollipop Oct 2, 2015

pgidia and Funk Wizard like this.
  4. josefn24
    Jelly Bean Oct 2, 2015

josefn24 , Oct 2, 2015 :
    Worked well on 2 op2's updating from oxygen 2.0.2 however couldn't update a phone on 2.0.3. A few other people ran into this issue as well. Wondering if there might be a reason I'm not aware of. Used the same file as the other phones and tried other links and nothing seems to work. Not a big deal more curious then anything.these were all stock phones. Not going to unlock the bootloader and root the phone on 2.0.3. Either.

comicgeek likes this.
  5. Funk Wizard

Well i think 2.0.3 was kinda test build, some users got it pre-installed on their devices. Some also reported that they did not receive any OTA from 2.0.3 to 2.1.0 and others did, kinda weird but anyways a manual flash is always available and i always prefer it over ota.

In my experience, more have complained over ota than a clean flash.

6. exphk
    Eclair Oct 2, 2015

exphk , Oct 2, 2015 :
    Thanks for your tutorial and I will bookmark it for future use!!

Funk Wizard likes this.
  7. BitterHoney
    Honeycomb Oct 2, 2015

BitterHoney , Oct 2, 2015 :
    I am rooted my device now and I am on Oxygen OS Version 2.1.0, If I want to update in future every time I need to download the full latest OS and flash it or I can flash latest update(Only) ?

8. Naman Bhalla
    Recognized developer Recognized Developer Oct 2, 2015

pgidia, Ceasedd and Funk Wizard like this.
  9. TlathamXmahtalT
    KitKat Oct 2, 2015

Funk Wizard likes this.
  10. Funk Wizard

As mentioned on the thread, if you are rooted, OTA flash would fail so there are 3 options:
    1. Download the latest Full ROM zip and Dirty Flash it without data wipe
    2. Download the previous version flash it to clear system partition and there on flash the OTA
    3. Restore an earlier system partition to make it stock and then flash the OTA.

Once the new update is out, i would post the steps :D

Sager673 likes this.
  11. Funk Wizard

You don't need any guide buddy :D
    Indeed just the basic stuff, just wanted to let people know as a lot of them were asking about how to update.

aguntook and Naman Bhalla like this.
  12. josefn24
    Jelly Bean Oct 2, 2015

josefn24 , Oct 2, 2015 :
    Yeah I manually flashed them all. I guess I wasn't explaining properly. Interesting that 2.0.3 might be a test build though. Is that a hunch or you have seen some reasonable accurate information on that. Again I'm sure It could be flashed with a custom recovery or something but I'm not going to unlock this device as its going to someone wanting stock phone for now. Maybe I'll convince them to let me root it for them later. Was curious about 2.0.3 though Wondering too if I did flash in custom recovery might run into problems.

13. BitterHoney
    Honeycomb Oct 2, 2015

Can we unroot and update the OTA ? is it possible ?

14. shrenil19
    Jelly Bean Oct 2, 2015

shrenil19 , Oct 2, 2015 :
    Weren't u a mod?

15. Funk Wizard

If the system partition is untouched the flash would work with both twrp or stock recovery. I have used both and I say 2.1.0 is better.

Yes can be done, just restore old system partition and there on flash the ota.

All I can say is not anymore. Just keeping my learning curve open and will continue contributing towards the community and may be some time later but not for now.

shrenil19 likes this.
  16. josefn24
    Jelly Bean Oct 2, 2015

josefn24 , Oct 2, 2015 :
    OK but still doesn't explain why I and other people successfully manually flashed on stock phones 2.0.2 to 2.1 with no problems but can't manually flash on stock phones 2.0.3 to 2.1. I successfully flashed 2 phones to 2.1 and used the same file for all three phones and also tried other links. The only difference is the 2.0.3 and I haven't yet seen anyone successfully flash to 2.1 on stock from that build. I guess it will remain a mystery. I'm just wondering what could possibly cause that. If it was just me I'd consider user error but like I said I have 3 phones and only that 2.0.3 build is the problem and on many other devices too in the forums.. Thanks for your reply though not trying to be a pain doesn't really matter just trying to figure out the mystery lol..:p

Funk Wizard likes this.
  17. BitterHoney
    Honeycomb Oct 2, 2015

I have one more question. Sorry, as I am asking many questions.:confused:

After installing latest update in future and If I am not rooting the phone again. Will I get OTA updates directly to my device ? or should I manually download them and flash..
    Because, every latest factory images are too large(>1GB) its really pain in *** to download them, that to with slow internet connection here in India..
    Thinking to not to root the device next time, after flashing the next coming update...

Funk Wizard likes this.
  18. argonick
    Donut Oct 4, 2015

argonick , Oct 4, 2015 :
    Hello

can you please help me?

I have a OPT A2003, I'm on the latest Oxygen OS version 2.1.0, rooted and with TWRP.

I was trying to do a full OS install (OnePlus2Oxygen_14_OTA_008_all_1509191929.zip) as described in the instructions above to do a clean nandroid backup but the following error occurs all the times.
    Lucky I had a previous backup or I would be left with no system. :)

What is the problem?

Thanks.

Attached Files:

19. iRajeshRajput
    Honeycomb Oct 4, 2015

20. mannil
    Eclair Oct 4, 2015

mannil , Oct 4, 2015 :
    Same problem and no solution here.
    I'm coming from Exodus

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015