[How To] Install OxygenOS 3.2.8 Update (Root/Non Root Users) Without Data Loss!!

1. santhosh.s82
    Cupcake Oct 2, 2016

santhosh.s82 , Oct 2, 2016 :
    I did wiped after finally.. Done it again as well still same issue.. will try again else do a clean install

2. raja1506
    Froyo Oct 2, 2016

raja1506 , Oct 2, 2016 :
    Since last 2 days my mobile gets rebooted automatically... Dont know y this is happening... Currently im on 3.5.3

3. Funk Wizard
    Lollipop Moderator Oct 2, 2016

Funk Wizard , Oct 2, 2016 :
    I am also running 3.5.3 and no random reboots for me

4. xankazo
    Honeycomb Oct 2, 2016

xankazo , Oct 2, 2016 :
    Torrent link is legit. I downloaded it and sideloaded it successfully.

5. xankazo
    Honeycomb Oct 2, 2016

xankazo , Oct 2, 2016 :
    Did the random reboots happen on 3.5.3? There's a thread for 3.5.3. You may get better answers posting it there, pal.

6. Fábio Alves
    Donut Oct 2, 2016

7. SirBacke
    Honeycomb Oct 2, 2016

SirBacke , Oct 2, 2016 :
    Is there any xposed module such as xprivacy who is wrongly configured and does not allow to make notifications to phone app?

8. lucifer_angel
    Gingerbread Oct 3, 2016

Archies likes this.
  9. santhosh.s82
    Cupcake Oct 3, 2016

santhosh.s82 , Oct 3, 2016 :
    nope. I clean flashed it . It got solved now. Thanks

10. SpaceGooner
    Eclair Oct 3, 2016

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016

11. Wassiim
    Cupcake Oct 3, 2016

Wassiim , Oct 3, 2016 :
    Hey, i haven't updated my OnePlus 3 (rooted) since version 3.1.3

Can I now just update it straight to 3.2.6 / 3.2.7 or do I have to install all the previous versions aswell?
    I'm afraid if I don't download the previous versions, my OxygenOS could be unstable?

12. fjdifede
    Eclair Oct 3, 2016

fjdifede , Oct 3, 2016 :
    Just flash the full folder of whatever version you want to be at and wipe dalvik and cache before or after install. Make a backup just in case, since I got this phone never ever I have done e clean install always dirty flash the ROM will be parcing unconditionally using twrp then you can do whatever you want Root, Xposed ,Magisk and Kernel. To me the clean install is inconvenient after hours of work in how I want the phone. I have even flashback older version of oxygen os no problem as long as you now how to do it.!

13. suryalokesh
    Cupcake Oct 3, 2016

suryalokesh , Oct 3, 2016 :
    Can we root oneplus 3 and use CM ROM in it. If we do so will the warranty for the mobile be valid or not ?

14. Goggo
    Cupcake Oct 3, 2016

Goggo , Oct 3, 2016 :
    Is it possible to install only the Hotfix-File over the installed 3.2.6 Version - rooted!

15. suryalokesh
    Cupcake Oct 3, 2016

16. G_stephen_dryburgh_AJQB
    Cupcake Oct 3, 2016

G_stephen_dryburgh_AJQB , Oct 3, 2016 :
    Hey I have 3.2.6 installed on my oneplus 3 and I did it via OTA, I jumped from 3.1.3 to 3.2.4 then to 3.2.6 I have had a few issues with my phone after the latest update, and I have noticed quite a few people saying sideload is the way to go and that they have avoided many of the bugs that come with the OTA. Can I use the adb sideload method you have explained to install the full 3.2.4 image the sideload the upgrade to 3.2.7 so essentially downgrade then upgrade? I would prefer not to loose any data but if i have to hard reset so be it (every solution to the bugs im experienceing from onplus has been to hardreset my phone) My phone is stock and not rooted. Thanks for any advice.

17. Archies
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 3, 2016

Archies , Oct 3, 2016 :
    Sa
    Same here

18. Shshank Vishwa
    Honeycomb Oct 3, 2016

Shshank Vishwa , Oct 3, 2016 :
    yup, after installing 3.2.6, Tom gold run was having seriously low fps, not lag, but low fps, 3.2.7 fixed it.. Thanks for fast update..

19. Victor_Peral
    Eclair Oct 3, 2016

Victor_Peral , Oct 3, 2016 :
    Have you try to force detention of the service "Android System" and restart?

20. Wing Nut
    Froyo Oct 3, 2016

Wing Nut , Oct 3, 2016 :
    Moderators, I also posted this here: https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/oxygenos-3-2-6-mm-ota-for-oneplus-3.465753/page-101 , but the post probably belongs in this thread, however. Please do as you see fit.

So I downloaded the torrent successfully, but when I try to sideload it through ADB, it says "cannot read (file name)"

I tried renaming the file, moving the file to different locations, and also uninstalling/reinstalling the adb and Oneplus drivers, but I still get the same message. I have also made sure the command includes .zip, but no luck. I should also add that I entered adb devices in the command prompt, and my device did appear. So it seems that the drivers are installed properly.

Any tips?

Edit: I ended up flashing Oxygen over stock Hydrogen through TWRP. But now things seem a little buggy:

1. My fingerprint sensor still works, but the home button won't take me "home."
    2. My recent apps button gives haptic feedback, but does not show recent apps.
    3. My notification menu shows the first "shade," but all the normal android options are not there (toggles, brightness, etc.) and notifications do not appear (though the notification tone still sounds).

Is this because I flashed Oxygen through TWRP? (I am not fully rooted. Bootloader is unlocked, and TWRP installed in recovery) Or is it an issue with Oxygen 3.2.7?