How to make your own adjustable OPO-stand, by cardboard and tape [DIY - Guide!]

1. netr0pa
    Jelly Bean Nov 5, 2014

netr0pa , Nov 5, 2014 :
    OnePlus One IS a big phone and you probaly gonna need a stand for the phone if you use it very often.

I was soooo bored today so I figured out that I could make a stand for myself and guess what? It didn't take long time at all! It took me only 20 minutes and all I needed was:

1) Cardboard
    2) Tape
    3) A pair of scissors
    4) Lacing, could be anything to be honest, a simple thin durable band is good enough
    5) 2 paper clips

I'm 100 % sure you have all those stuff at home so I will guide you how I made mine by posting all the pictures and advice / tips how to do it smoothly! Enjoy and leave me a comment! :)

The shape of the stand looks like this and you just cut out rectangular shape (14 cm x 35 cm) and that's it. Bend it in the middle and you will get something similar to this:

[​IMG]

As you can see, with this stand, you can adjust the angle as much as you want! It's really easy to adjust - simple and useful!

[​IMG]

All the way back if you prefer to have it this way
    [​IMG]

You are scared that it will slide back out of position? Don't worry, you can fasten and secure it with the "super homemade lock" which I made! :)
    [​IMG]

Since it's made of cardboard, it's REALLY LIGHT and compact to carry anywhere you want!
    [​IMG]

How to design the holder for the phone:
    [​IMG]

How to design the "super lock" on the back side
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Top view:
    [​IMG]

I have only ONE phone (camera) and that is my dear OPO so I can only take pictures from my OPO and demonstate how it looks like with the phone placed on it by putting a case there instead, hope you understand what I mean :)

[​IMG]

Please leave me a comment if you have anything you wanna ask or just wanna share your opinion =) I hope this guide could help you a bit and remember: It takes only 20 min to do this and the materials for this, you can find it anywhere at home so go ahead and design your own stand! :D

I hope you liked this guide! :) If you want to check out any reviews about OnePlus One phone, then you can click on my signature where I have written a very long and detailed review about this phone, check it out!=)

Have a nice day OnePlus family!

Elstron, Sjiya, Paarkhi and 29 others like this.
  2. netr0pa
    Jelly Bean Nov 5, 2014

llvll3t4 likes this.
  3. gusuraman
    Community Veteran Nov 5, 2014

Djnas, punith, blisside and 1 other person like this.
  4. gusuraman

bean6022000 and finaldentiny like this.
  5. TomaszStalmach
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 5, 2014

m40sur likes this.
  6. netr0pa
    Jelly Bean Nov 5, 2014

netr0pa , Nov 5, 2014 :
    Thanks! =) I just took 20 min to do this but ofc it can be even better if I spent a little bit more time to refine it hehe :p But the most important thing is: It works perfectly now! :D

Thank you so much man! :)

gusuraman likes this.
  7. finaldentiny

gusuraman likes this.
  8. gusuraman

gusuraman , Nov 5, 2014 :
    Tat's my point. Hope to see a refined version.
    The project is promising;)

aris and netr0pa like this.
  9. malidan
    Nougat Nov 5, 2014

malidan , Nov 5, 2014 :
    Great effort, but it seems you missed a few craft lessons. What's that horrible thing around the phone?

Djnas and eckbauer like this.
  10. rice54
    Gingerbread Nov 5, 2014

Djnas and TakeMyMoney like this.
  11. netr0pa
    Jelly Bean Nov 5, 2014

netr0pa , Nov 5, 2014 :
    you mean the "red line" along the sides? That's to make the edges smoother because when you cut cardboard, it becomes very sharp and is not comfortable if you by accident touch that sharp edge.

And then again: this is OnePlus phone, I like to have red color in there to make it feel more like OnePlus. I could have put more time in there but again: this was 20 min work so with 20 min, I don't think you can make a perfect stand. I would need more time than this to make it perfectly. I also don't know how much time an average OPO user want to spend to make their own OPO stand. If you read in this forum, it seems like people barely even have time or want to fix their own troubleshootings with OnePlus phone....

So I guess only die hard fans would spend time to design their accessories.

gusuraman likes this.
  12. malidan
    Nougat Nov 5, 2014

malidan , Nov 5, 2014 :
    Time well spent then. I meant the case

13. mercu
    Gingerbread Nov 5, 2014

m40sur likes this.
  14. godspeed
    Jelly Bean Nov 5, 2014

Djnas likes this.
  15. mercu
    Gingerbread Nov 5, 2014

mercu , Nov 5, 2014 :
    Are you are troll? I guess you are.

16. godspeed
    Jelly Bean Nov 5, 2014

17. SJCommander
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 8, 2014

SJCommander , Nov 8, 2014 :
    He's serious, this is a cheap, low-cost solution. Especially since this phone isn't as popular (or profitable to design and make stands for) as, say, the iPhone family or Galaxy S3/4/5 or Note 3/4. Almost everybody has cardboard and tape lying around somewhere.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2014

netr0pa likes this.
  18. linhstar
    Donut Nov 9, 2014

netr0pa likes this.
  19. netr0pa
    Jelly Bean Nov 9, 2014

netr0pa , Nov 9, 2014 :

You are right brother! OnePlus is very small company compared to all the big boys like Samsung, iPhone and stuff so this is a cheap way to get something which is pretty hard to find on the market.

Demand - supply. If not so many people are using OnePlus , then those "Stand-companies" are not gonna aim for us. That's the fact.

And tape and cardboard, everyone has it laying around at home so .... we have nothing to lose.

Thanks man! :)

20. EddieN121
    Froyo Nov 10, 2014

netr0pa likes this.