How to pay through Paypal without a credit card (or using a debit card)

1. vincellin
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 29, 2014

vincellin , Jul 29, 2014 :
    Prologue-
    I got my invite from my friend @Sanjeev31aug on 26/7. I was very exited to have one but unfortunately my paypal account was not working neither did i have a credit card to checkout as a guest in paypal.
    I spend a day trying to pull strings in all possible ways (called up friends, relatives, neighbors for their credit card, spend almost 6 hours in two different banks opening a new account and applied for a credit card in my old bank) with only less than a day left for the invite to expire.
    And by midnight I found a site that gives you a Virtual Credit Card which can be recharged by any Indian debit card! But by then I had lost hope and slept off. The next day however I decided to give it shoot and I successfully made the payment. ;):)

If you have tried to link your debit card in paypal you might have experienced problems. The reason being paypal accepts only verified ICICI, HDFC, Axis (Doesn't work anymore) and CitiBank debit card. Or else you need to have a credit card. I had a syndicate debit card. :(

Keeping the story aside!

Step 1
    Go to www.entropay.com it is preferable you use a VISA verified card but American Express, Maestro and Master Cards do work. Then sign up verify and link your physical card with the website.

P.S.- I have heard that neteller.com is cheaper as it doesn't have hefty transaction charges. Didn't try it though. So do some research if you decide to use it.

Step 2
    Verify your mobile no. and e-mail to upgrade to basic account (You need basic account as it allows transaction above 300USD)

Step 3
    Create VIRTUAL Credit Cards through the site's interface, add card under manage cards tab.

Step 4
    Click top up and use your ATM debit card to transfer funds (4.95%* transfer fee). Be use to make it dollar friendly (USD) or you'll face conversion fee around 1k by paypal later. And you'll need to top up 375$ as some changes are there in conversion between paypal and entropay.

*Don't worry about the 4.95% because you'll be able to avoid the 1K conversion fee in paypal as it is already converted into $. Also when paying in paypal see that your billed in USD and not in Euro.

Step 5
    Add to Virtual Credit card to Paypal or checkout as a guest by using bill me later option.

Hope it helps! Let me know if you know a better method.

Fell free to ask for help :)

[​IMG]

FAQ
    Is this safe?
    Yes! It is safe. You can see I have posted the screenshot of my transaction.

Can I use SBI, SBT, Syndicate, Axis, Punjab...etc debit cards?
    Yes! You can as long it is a verified my visa card. (If you can't haven't verified your visa card head to your bank site and check over there for instruction).

Can I checkout as a guest with this VCC or do I need to add to Paypal?

I have added it to Paypal then used it. But you can check out as a guest also.

Whats the validity of this VCC?
    Is for a year and you can use in in India as well.

Why do you need to Top-up for 375 USD?

This is because you need to maintain a minimum balance. You can can the remaining back to your account later. Although I haven't done it yet :D

Do I need to make verify my VCC once I add it in paypal?
    Once you add it in pay palpay it takes 2-3 verified day to get. But you can use the VCC to make payment without verifying it.

Paypal India toll number: 1-800-212-3852
    (service hours:
    9:00 AM IST to 9:00 PM IST, Monday to Sunday)

Users whom entropay worked (Obviously me :D)

@Jeremy9093

Last edited: Aug 10, 2014

2. Sanjeev31aug
    Jelly Bean Jul 29, 2014

Sanjeev31aug , Jul 29, 2014 :
    Thanks for making this thread, Lots of people could get help from here.

3. vincellin

Hey I got a call from PPO asking for invoice no. today :) Told him to wait!

4. Sanjeev31aug
    Jelly Bean Jul 29, 2014

Sanjeev31aug , Jul 29, 2014 :
    Why wait, just forward them the email which you received from Paypal after payment, that contain invoice as well.

vishwas anand and Pranav Phatak like this.
  5. vincellin

Sorry I have given that. They asked for tracking no.

6. kamikaz
    Honeycomb Jul 29, 2014

kamikaz , Jul 29, 2014 :
    Nettler is new, never heard of it!! Should check It out and thanks for the thread

Pranav Phatak and vincellin like this.
  7. vincellin

Its Neteller! Please do share your experience if you happen to use it ;)

vishwas anand and Pranav Phatak like this.
  8. sachsach
    Froyo Jul 30, 2014

9. vincellin
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 30, 2014

vincellin , Jul 30, 2014 :
    23800K+3500k(Tax) =27300K

Last edited: Jul 30, 2014

10. nitin97
    Gingerbread Jul 30, 2014

nitin97 , Jul 30, 2014 :
    very nice thread. this will help us(indians) a lot in buying. i also want to buy but hard luck caz no invite.

11. vincellin

Join Club India and wait!

12. Xero
    Jelly Bean Jul 30, 2014

13. sai krishna ramanadham
    Gingerbread Jul 30, 2014

14. rcs
    Donut Jul 30, 2014

15. SmartPhone

SmartPhone , Jul 30, 2014 :
    For this I always say "Always bank with PSU banks".
    Had you have a/c with SBI, you could have done it in a minutes with their virtual card system. Close all your bank a/c with others and open a new a/c with SBI only. See the difference.

Note that SBI also gives max conversion rate for forex both buy and sell. Nothing comparable to them.

16. vincellin

Did you use the SBI credit or debit card?

Pranav Phatak likes this.
  17. vincellin

Feel free to share :) :D

18. SmartPhone
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 31, 2014

SmartPhone , Jul 31, 2014 :
    No card ... Just login to your onlinesbi a/c and create a virtual card and make the purchase. Just like 1-2-3.

19. vincellin
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 31, 2014

vincellin , Jul 31, 2014 :
    Okay! Thanks for the info!

20. NishitP
    Gingerbread Jul 31, 2014

NishitP , Jul 31, 2014 :
    Guys i have checked Entropay and i saw that the basic account has a transaction limit upto 300$.