How to play: Become a Snowbots Expert!

1. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Mar 6, 2020

dsmonteiro , Mar 6, 2020 :
    Hey everyone,

The Snowbot Battle starts on March 9, at 12PM GMT, but you will be able to join the battle in 72 hours, around 6PM GMT / 7PM CET / 1PM ET / 11:30PM IST. To make sure you are combat-ready when the doors open, we’re sharing this quick how-to guide, so that you can make the most of your chance to control the snowbots.

Entering the arena
    • Head over to https://www.oneplus.com/snowbots on your phone. Once the games start, you’ll see a “Play now” button. Press it, log in, and you’ll be good to go. Just don’t forget to set your username before, as this will be the one used in-game.
    • We only have four Snowbots, so there might be a queue. You’ll see the estimated waiting time there. At especially busy times, we may close the queue to new people to prevent the queue from getting too long.
    • Make sure you allow notifications! This way, we can keep checking if you’re online and ready to play, while you can go about your life, without needing to keep your browser open. Once it’s your time to play, you’ll be paired with three other players for a 2v2 snowbot battle. When the game is over you’ll be shown your stats, be sure to show them off here and on social media!

Getting to know your Snowbot
    Before the match officially starts, you’ll have some time to get acquainted with the controls, but we want to give you every bit of advantage possible.

If you’ve played any mobile first-person shooter you’ll most likely feel right at home!

Tutorial 3.png

Front-and-center, you have the crosshair. There are no aimbots here, so do your best to aim at the opposing Snowbot. One word of advice, though: This is real life so a shot may not land exactly where you expect. If you miss the first one, try to understand why and adjust your aim accordingly.

Tutorial 2.png

That’s what this highlighted circle is for. With it, you can adjust where you’re aiming at. Use the initial seconds before the match to get used to how the snowbot moves.

Tutorial 6.png

You can also move sideways, on a 2.5m-long rail. This is your best bet at dodging that killer snowball, so get your timing right!

Tutorial 4.png

You have two different buttons that you can use to shoot. The leftie in me is happy to see this option!

Tutorial 5.png

You have 9 snowballs, so make them count! You don’t need to count them, though, as your remaining ammo is shown at bottom.

Ready? See you in the battlefield!

2. superplus
    English POC Assistant Head Moderator Mar 6, 2020

superplus , Mar 6, 2020 :
    Soo, will you be on a set of rails too @dsmonteiro? :p:rolleyes:

But how will we know which community members we're battling? Ah, it should show the usernames entered on the snowbots?

Anyway, thanks for the intro info, it sounds really cool... :D because you know, snow and all?

3. Gatzon
    Eclair Mar 6, 2020

4. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Mar 6, 2020

Cheetosdust , Mar 6, 2020 :
    Awesome thread, love the detailed User Interface! Kudos! :)

Yes I have and I already name them:
    1. d
    2. s
    3. m
    4. o
    5. n
    6. t
    7. e
    8. i
    9. r
    Oh what's this? A bonus one?

Bonus. o

:cool:

Last edited: Mar 6, 2020

5. SWAPPYONE
    Honeycomb Mar 6, 2020

6. superplus
    English POC Assistant Head Moderator Mar 6, 2020

superplus , Mar 6, 2020 :
    Oooh ooh, wasn't @Zach X. longing for some snow? This is your chance to at least virtually enjoy it :D I'm sure you'll be a natural ;-p

7. SWAPPYONE
    Honeycomb Mar 6, 2020

8. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer Mar 6, 2020

YRJ , Mar 6, 2020 :
    I'm sure you have already played it @dsmonteiro , let's call it a test run but you still have tried it :D
    However, this sounds fun and thank you for the indepth guide. I can't wait to be in control.

See y'all on the battleground, ready?

9. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Mar 6, 2020

dsmonteiro , Mar 6, 2020 :
    I haven't. But I hope to soon. ;)

10. Batman360
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 6, 2020

superplus and Helder_DAlmeida like this.
  11. Helder_DAlmeida

12. Helder_DAlmeida

Helder_DAlmeida , via OnePlus 7T Glacier Blue , Mar 6, 2020 :

Cheetosdust

Awesome thread, love the detailed User Interface! Kudos!

Yes I have and I already name them:

d

s

m

o

n

t

e

i

r

Oh what's this? A bonus one?

Bonus. o

Remember me the old game Qbasic gorilas for pc...but 5G and flagship oneplus phone! [e]1f602[/e]

1583529113242.jpg

jlasensiofi, G_plusone and superplus like this.
  13. Zackeroo
    Gingerbread Mar 7, 2020

14. GeekOnTheHill
    Honeycomb Mar 7, 2020

15. Naveen_RKumar
    Cupcake Mar 7, 2020

17. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Mar 7, 2020

dsmonteiro , Mar 7, 2020 :
    Yes, the game will be global, and run 24h/day. You can queue up to participate from anywhere in the world. Just make sure you have a fast internet connection to avoid any major latency.

The stream will be through YouTube.

18. Bestender Games , via OnePlus Community App , Mar 7, 2020 :
    im talking about playing game

19. the_o2
    User of the Year 2018 Mar 7, 2020

the_o2 , Mar 7, 2020 :
    Thanks for the info, hope people with 12/16GB of RAM will win :sweatsmile:;):D

20. Starcommander
    Lollipop Mar 7, 2020

jlasensiofi and Helder_DAlmeida like this.